Story Notes:
Disclaimer: do not own, just borrowing.

Had alot of fun, reading cschoolgirl's short stories, so here is my attempt.
This is part one of the peace offering. The smut won't come till the second chapter, soon as I figure out how to properly write it.
Not Beta read. Please excuse any mistake that slipped by me.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Banishing the grimdark plot threads, seem to give me a burst of creativity.

AO3 Link
It’s taken a long and difficult year to finally find him. Here in the middle of nowhere Canada, Logan is living his life like a crazed hermit. Gulping booze like there is no tomorrow, then slinking back to his lair when the bars close. When she finally caught up to him, Marie could barely recognize him. A full and messy beard on his face, his spiky wild hair, looked as untamed as ever, likes the manes of a lion, and he practically acted like an animal.

Marie knows better, though, he did train her after all, underneath all the grime, dirt, and bloodshot eyes, is the keen sense of a predator. He kept track of every person in the room and knew at all time what they were doing. So it was with the greatest excitement that she begins the first of a series of completion between them

Using one of many skills that are now part of her repertoire, she approached him, covered in pungent perfume, and thanks to Mystique wearing someone else's face and body. As she slides up to the bar beside him, his nose twitched, but he does not even spare her a glance. Marie smiles and places her hand on his knee. When Logan gave no response, slowly she trails her fingers up his leg, just as she is about to reach his zipper, a powerful but smooth hand stops her.

“Not interested darlin,” his rough voice washes over her. Biting her lip, she looks up at him through her eyelashes, locking on to his hazel eyes. Her other hand sensually sweeps across his broad chest, sliding under his collar.

“You sure?” She whispers in his ear. She felt him press against her; she rubs her body to his in response and felt his hardness against her thigh. Her fingers worked their magic on his neck. Then suddenly without warning, she is roughly shoved away, He stands up, and retreats to a corner booth, he sits down sideways taking up the entire seat, his face locked in an angry scowl. The message is clear, leave him alone. But she got already got what she wanted, clutched tightly in her hands, is one of her greatest treasures; now back in its rightful place.

Her own copy of his mutation unfurrowed in her mind, she knows if he is confronted here he would simply run again. No, she needed to confront him in his lair, where running would be far more humiliating. Several drunken men stumble in, and Marie smile a wicked smile, these drunken hunters will be a great distraction. Putting some extra swing into her hips, she strolled up to the drunks. Satisfaction filled her when she sees Logan’s scowl deepen, then his hand went to his neck. Damn Logan caught on fast, better make her move now.

“Hey handsome,” She pressed herself against the leader of their group. “See that scary looking man in the corner?”

She points a well-manicured finger at Logan, who started towards her menacingly.

“He owes me some money, but refuses to pay.” She pulls the drunk closer to her and whispers in his year. “Do you think a big strong man like yourself can help a lady out?”

Flashing Logan a victorious smile, she backs away, as the drunks surged forward. Logan is on full alert now; his attention is fully focused on the group of hunters. Marie knows this is her chance, she blends into the crowd, her entire body changes as he exits the bar. Logan already noticed that it's gone. The hunters won't delay him for much; she has thirty minutes at most. Luckily it was easy to track down Logan’s lair, her own feral instinct identifies the most likely places and her nose did the rest.

A small run down cabin, that’s where he is hiding out, she cautiously approaches the front door and pushes it open. He didn’t have to lock it, given the state of the cabin inside at the first glance; no one would have bothered to break in.

Marie can see it, though, the interior is meticulously arranged. The slightest disturbance would be discovered just from the front door. It might all look random, but Logan has his methods.

She skin ripples and she returns to her natural form, Marie has fully grown in the three years his has been away, baby fat faded from her cheeks, she filled out in all the right places and learn many new tricks. Tricks she can’t wait to demonstrate to Logan in person and in great detail. She steps right on in, like she owned the place, completely nude, caring not at all about what she disturbed. Marie reminds herself to really thank Mystique the next time they meet, perhaps by not pummeling Mystique as much, after all, it's her mutation, and knowledge, that finally allowed her to gain control over her skin.

She takes a methodical care in spreading her scent about the cabin, especially at places Logan’s scent was the strongest. Her hand caressed his favorite chair, she rubs her cheeks all over his pillows, while she writhes in his bed, and she makes sure to lick every one of his cigars, before putting them back. She is claiming Logan’s den and all things in it as her own. Marie knows this is a direct challenge to Logan, one his instinct will fight tooth and nail to respond to.

After her mutation returned, something strange happened; she gained her own feral instinct. Thanks to this new power she finally understood Logan. He wanted her, at least his instincts did, the rational side, however, has many excuses to hold back, too young, too innocent, and too pure. So when the pressure got too great, or when she got too close, he ran.

At first, she rebelled against this image of her in his head, tried to look older, sluttier, dated a string of guys, learned to drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney. Looking back now, she understood by doing that she was destroying what Logan had loved about her. She was thankful that she didn’t go too far. She stopped smoking and drinking, dressed sensual but appropriate, while she got to third base often enough, one disastrous attempt with Bobby shortly after she was cured, soured her on the whole home plate experience.

Having fought with her own instinct numerous times in the past two years, she finally understood what it would take to have Logan. She is old enough now and has enough scars to give his conscious a reprieve. Logan is stubborn, but then again so is she.

That is why she is here, his instinct already wants her, and now that she’s marked all his favorite things with her scent, his control will be pushed to its limit. Unfortunately, if there is one thing Logan is good at, it's keeping his instinct under control. She lies down on his bed, and surrounds herself with his scent; she twirls the dog tag with her fingers. The dog tag is her secret weapon, even if he somehow manages to restrain his instincts; he won’t leave the dog tag behind. Leaving the dog tag and ceding his lair to her would be an act of total submission; both the animal and the man would have admitted defeat. Logan is too proud for that, he has no choice but to answer her challenge, and win or lose; today Marie will finally get what should have been hers all along.

Using Jean's powers she levitates a Molson and a pack of jerky from Logan's stash. Her mind wanders back to their meeting, the lust that swept over her when she first laid eyes him, in that cage, wear just his jeans and a sexy scowl. The exhilaration bursting through her, as he is declared the king of the cage, the gratitude that warmed her when he stopped his truck on that snowy road, the love that suffused her when Logan gave his life for her on the torch. Tonight she hopes to share all these feeling, and more, with him. The trap is laid; all she has to do now is wait.
Chapter End Notes:
Second chapter might take a bit, as inspired as I feel right now, I'm simply not used to writing smut. Current attempts are cringe worthy at best.