Now this is my idea of fun. My second opponent is being drug out of the cage and I glance over at Marie. She is at the side of the platform by my bottle and cigar, staring up at me with that coy look. She's had a sip or two my whiskey, said she wanted to mellow out a little so she didn't act too much like a groupie.

We found a couple of nice places to view the Northern Lights this last week. That's when she mentions she'd like to find a bar with a fight cage. I could see the spark in her eye and put up no objections.

The MC is busy doing his thing and gets a new fighter from the crowd. This man looks like he can handle himself better than the last two. I roll my shoulders and crack my neck, and take the first punch with a smile. He does a fairly good job and I let him land two more punches and a kick before I drop him.

Stretching to pop my back, I circle him. I can see Marie crooking a finger at me, beckoning me to her. My opponent is struggling to get up; I step over him and cross the floor in two long strides. Crouching down, I lean over to hear her above the noise.

"I love you, Logan." Her eyes sparkle.

"I know," I tell her as my opponent staggers toward me. I turn and knock his feet out from under him with a swing of my leg. I swivel back to her, smiling.

"Smug bastard," she teases. "Did you know I want you to-" She stops, becoming so red even the tips of her ears flush bright pink. I can smell her arousal over the stench of the crowd. She looks me squarely in the eye and mouths the words that embarrass her. The same words I said to her when she rescued me.

I stand up and punch the other fighter hard enough that he hits the floor, out cold. Grabbing my flannel shirt and jacket, I pull them on as I hunt down Marie. She is fleeing the bar ahead of me.

Outside I spot her at the SUV, opening one of the rear passenger doors. She leaves it open and when I reach her, she's sitting on the edge of the seat facing me. Her skirt is rucked up around her thighs.

She begins to retreat into the vehicle expecting me to follow. Instead I take hold of her calves and pull her back to me as she squeals in surprise. This motion pushes her skirt up even further and I can see the black scrap of lace she's calling panties. I trail my fingers up the damp seam, applying extra pressure at her clit.

She moans and grinds into my hand. Reaching down she frees my already hard cock from my jeans. Then she lies back on the seat, watching me with wanton desire in her eyes. With my hands on her hips I pull her closer still.

I can feel the heat of her sex as I rub the head of my cock against her lace panties. It causes a nice bit of friction for us both and I rumble low in my chest.

"More," she hisses out.

Carefully I extend a claw. Her eyes go wide, but I can smell her excitement kick up a notch. She whimpers as I slide the flat of my blade down her inner thigh. Leaning on her elbows to gaze at me, she shudders when I slip the blade under the crotch of her panties.

Cutting the bit of lace, I then bring the blade to my mouth and lick her moisture from it before retracting it. Glancing up at Marie, her eyes are huge; her pink tongue darts out to wet her lips.

She slumps back with a groan, hair spilling around her shoulders. "Stop teasing," she pleads.

I slick my cock on her wet folds and thrust into her hard. She gasps sharply. "Marie?" My hands tremble at her hips, the momentary shock subsides and she relaxes. We've done so well up to the point, I don't want to destroy what we've built because I can't control myself.

Grabbing handfuls of my jacket she pulls us together for a kiss. Her tongue slides against mine and she glides her hand across my chest to flick my nipple. She breaks away panting and I rest my head on hers.

"Fuck me, Logan," she whispers. "Hard."

I back away to look her in the eye. There is a need I didn't notice before, a need that matches my own. A desire for a hard and fast coupling that will leave us both hungry for more. Withdrawing, I slam into her again, watching as her eyes slide close.

"Yes," she moans and I begin pistoning in to her.

She's hanging onto me, clawing into the flesh of my ass. I grunt with each thrust. Circling her clit with my thumb she begins to convulse around me. All the tension of these long months that has been hanging on me releases and I fill her.

Afterward, at the motel down the road, she sleeps curled into my side. I watch her, playing with a lock of silvery hair. Kissing her gently on the crown of her head, I whisper, "I love you."

She snuggles closer. "Love you, too," she answers sleepily.

Marie told me months ago that we would get through this. She was right. I'm hoping the worst is behind us, not that it will ever be peaceful with me involved, but she has a way of smoothing out all my rough edges. I finally feel at ease. Maybe I've put enough time between the past and me.

I don't think I will ever be the man the people in this timeline think I was. I don't know if I will ever be the same man from the other timeline, but I don't know if it matters anymore. Though maybe, just maybe, I can be the man Marie needs me to be. That's enough. After all, she is the one who put the pieces of me back together.

~*~