Story Notes:
Not happy with this. But was falling behind.
Please be gentle x
Questioning.
When my girl Roguey and I joined up to the Junior team well. Let's just say it was interesting. You could hear Wolverine's muffled shouts from the next wing over. I don't think he was too impressed. And like ya know I totally got him on that one.
Now don't get me wrong I don't think my girls a whuss or anything- but her mutation? Heck it half kills her, never mind the poor sucker she's touching, and when you're off fighting the bag guys there's always more than one.
And so after 3 hours or there about, the team had decided her place was best served beside the Professor. His aid. At first some of the others on the Junior team had laughed about it all, her getting all the perks without any of the work and I saw it hurt her. There's no hiding in those big brown eyes.

But then it happened.

Dr. Anothony K Manguer. 54. Male. Mutant experimentation "scientist".
We had burned that lab to the ground. No survivors bar one. The mastermind being no understatement. Telepathy wasn't working on him. No matter how hard Dr. Grey pressed her hands to his forehead, nothing. Wolverine had tried to use his own methods but thankfully Mr Summers stepped in. None of us were really ready to see that.
So the good doctor was dragged home with us. To the waiting hands of the Professor, but again nothing happened. Something wasn't working. The debates were heated, a drug, a mutation of his own was there some device blocking their powers?

Then that southern drawl. "I could do it".
And god she ended up doing it. Wolverine behind her ready to catch her. Dr Grey and Hank stood by with a crash cart. I stood behind the Professor, pen and paper poised and at the ready.

He screamed when she touched him. Screamed and screamed and screamed.

Sometimes, I wonder if he knew what was going to happen, would he have just answered the questions.
Chapter End Notes:
RnRs Appreciated but please be gentle :(