Story Notes:
Here's a little story for someone written back in 2007. She wanted Scott and Logan to have an adventure in Las Vegas. It probably didn't come out the way she wanted, as I cannot see them having a relationship other than brotherly and Rogue is my first choice as Logan's partner. Spotted it today in my personal archives when I went to look up something else and decided it should come here since my site is gone to dust.
The security cameras confirmed they were back, and Rogue, the sole resident of the Xavier School for the Gifted and Talented who was watching the monitors at that hour of the morning, rushed to the entryway. Not only was she anxious to greet the two of them on the return from their trip, she wanted to find out why they were coming back by a far different method than they had left, and in a far worse-looking condition, too.

"Morning, Darlin'," growled Logan affectionately as he adjusted the arm across his shoulders in order to pull an obviously exhausted Scott inside the doorway.

"What happened to him?" she exclaimed.

"Nothing a few days in bed won't cure," muttered Scott. "Jean back yet?"

"No, not until this afternoon. In fact you two are back early. What gives?" Rogue asked as she relieved Logan of his burden by bodily picking up Scott and cradling him.

"I can walk, you know," Scott offered.

"Yeah, but your ankle's still swollen," Logan argued. "Let's put him in his bed."

"Why is his ankle swollen, Sugar? And don't the two of you need some breakfast?" Rogue asked as she headed up the stairs and down the hallway toward the Summers' suite. "And how did you get so sunburned, Scott?"

"We stopped for breakfast a long time ago," Scott said. "I got sunburned because someone wouldn't listen to me about traveling at night."

"I wasn't going to wait until night to haul your pretty hide out of the desert," Logan retorted. "Jean would have had my hide if I waited while you needed medical attention."

"Medical attention?" asked Rogue.

"I sprained my ankle when I landed."

"At least you had a parachute."

"I offered!" Scott said heatedly.

"So you did, but only one of us could survive without one."

"Wait a minute," said Rogue, pausing at the door while Logan opened it. "Why did you need a parachute?"

"Because the plane crashed," they answered in unison.

"Oh my God!" she exclaimed.

"That wasn't so bad as the walk to the nearest town," said Logan.

"That did take a while."

"Well you weren't walking, were you?"

"I offered," Scott reminded him.

Logan shrugged. "Yeah, but your ankle was swollen. As soon as I healed enough we walked day and night to the nearest town."

There was a pause.

"And?" Rogue prompted as she gently put Scott on the king-sized bed inside the room.

"Well, since we lost the plane and the parts we went to Nevada for, we didn't have much to work with."

"Where did the motorcycle come from?" Rogue asked.

"Bought it," said Logan. "You want it? It's yours. I have no use for something that ornate."

"It did get a few strange looks," said Scott.

"We got a few strange looks," said Logan.

"It would have helped if you'd have stopped someplace where we could grab some shuteye."

"You drove all the way back without sleeping?" Rogue stared. "How?"

Logan shrugged. "Handcuffed Scott's arms around me so he wouldn't fall off."

Rogue sat down on the edge of the bed. "Handcuffs?"

"From the hooker. They were fur-lined, so no marks." Scott held up his wrists as if to verify this.

"And the hooker?"

"Gave us a stake," said Logan.

"A stake?"

"For the poker game," said Scott.

"And you won?"

"Oh, yeah," said Logan, pulling a couple of huge wads of money out of his battered leather jacket. "Split it with her 60/40."

Scott nodded. "We should have enough to buy another plane and replace the parts for the Blackbird we lost in the crash."

"Oh my God," Rogue repeated faintly. "You won that much over the weekend?"

"No, all in one night," said Logan, tossing the money on Scott's bedside table.

"Shame we can't go back," said Scott.

Logan grinned wickedly. "Yeah, too bad. They practically kicked us out of town. Might be fun to go back and see if they remember us."

"No," said Scott. "Too many cameras and security personnel."

Rogue's eyebrows rose alarmingly. "Don't tell me. You guys were – "

"Kicked out of Las Vegas, yeah," said Logan calmly as he shucked the jacket and popped his neck.

"Don't you mean one of the casinos?" she asked faintly.

"No, the entire town," Logan said, grinning at Scott as Scott grinned back and sighed mischievously. "'Course that might have had something to do with what we did to that police car and what happened to those fountains, and not how much money we won."

"Oh my God."