Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello loves! Here's the newest chapter! So ready for you to read and enjoy this!!
It’s later, when they’re back in his room and snuggled into quiet silence that Marie tells him what she’s been thinking. They’re touching but she doesn’t give her brain time to think before she blurts out the words.

“I love you, Logan.”

His thoughts pour into her: confusion, elation, desire, but all of it is shadowed. By doubt. She pulls away from him, not wanting to feel or hear it anymore. But before she can retreat totally his hand pops up and touches her face. It’s love that she can feel pouring out of him.

“I love you too, Marie. But I just want to make sure that you’re not just telling me this because of the MRA.”

She’s frustrated and pulls his hand away from her face, sitting up on the bed and pulling her knees to her chest. “Logan…” she’s at a loss for words for a long moment. He sits up next to her, pulling her close to him but being careful not to touch her skin. She’s glad that he can still read her, know when she needs to be help but also when she needs to think.

Long moments later she thinks that she’s gotten it all in a row, ready to be said.

“Logan, I am telling you because of the Registration Act, but I’m telling you because now that this is looming over us, that our world is about to be plunged into chaos, I don’t want to wait anymore. I don’t want to hold out and see if we’re going to figure it out eventually. I don’t want to waste anymore time almost being with you when I can BE with you.” She pauses and draws in a breath, ready to keep talking when Logan turns her face toward his.

He’s not soft or sweet when their lips touch, instead his kiss in hungry. It’s almost violent in his passion and she can’t help but return it, along with all the love and want and need and fear that she can feel coming off of him in waves.

When he’s done, and their lips are slowly pulling away from each other he speaks. “God, I’ve wanted to do that forever.”

It’s all he says but there’s more coming through their connection. No words this time, just sensations and feeling. Understanding and fear, silence and shouting, a little bit of everything rolling into one huge ball of emotion that it’s a little hard to understand it all. But mostly, she feels the love. And the fear.

They fall asleep that night holding each other, hoping that the world won’t descend into chaos around them.

***

Unfortunately the next morning proved to be chaos indeed. Children were being pulled from the school left and right and by the time the day was mostly finished the population of the school had shrunk down to less than fifty students.

She’s seated beside Logan in the kitchen not reading the book open in her hands. He’s alert, her Logan, and she can tell by the focus in his eyes as he nurses his beer that he’s listening and sniffing for any and all changes in his environment. They’re miserable.

Things are happening rapidly all around them and Marie is still coming up blank when it comes to an option for what to do. When it’s all said and done, the Professor has decided for them. Jean, Scott, Logan and Marie were to all head into town for a movie. With less children on roster than ever, the Professor decided that he wanted them to take some time to appreciate life in the real world, rather than living cloistered in the mansion as they would have done on their own.

It’s not until they come back to an empty mansion and a note from the Professor that things take a change for the worst. Logan’s the first to tell that there isn’t anyone home and Jean’s the first to find the note.

My Dear Children,

I’m sorry to have left you this way, but it is best if no one knows where we are. I have taken the remaining children and left to a climate that is more mutant friendly. Please know that leaving you was one of the hardest things that I have had to do, but more importantly, know that I only left you because I know that you will, in time, come to appreciate it. I know that you four can take care of yourselves. I know for certain that I will see you again.

There is another page along with this one that will allow you to access one of my accounts. It is my suggestion that you take out a large cash withdraw first thing tomorrow morning, I am not sure when my funds will be frozen because I have not registered. Do your best and take care of yourselves. I will see you soon.

Charles Xavier
Chapter End Notes:
*runs and hides*