Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this is sooooo late. Have had a tonne of coursework!
Please enjoy and tell me what you think, I know the plot is quite slow, but the next chapter is gonna be big!

The first sense to return to her was touch. Her nerves were on fire, pins and needles running through her fingertips and toes and sharp flashes of pain shooting up her spine. Her body automatically to a large breath, inflating her lungs and arching her back.

Tension.

Next was sight.

Her eyes fluttered open and white overhead lights blinded her, and she blinked continuously to adjust. Fortunately a blurry figure shadowed her vision, slowly coming into focus the more she blinked and concentrated, until she was able to see a thin set of lips surrounded by brown fuzzy mutton chops moving in front of her.

What? What are you trying to say?
Can't hear you.

Marie found it difficult to turn her head, too stiff. It was as if she was being resurrected from death. Her fingers twitched. She stared into the man’s eyes, they looked familiar.
What was he saying?

“Can. You. Move?”

Before she could comprehend she felt all tension in her abdomen and felt herself lifting, back arching, arching, arching.

Until she was sitting. God she was tired.

“Marie?” Logan's voice flooded her ears. He had her attention now.

Cold.

She felt cold. Again, always so cold. “Logan, I’m Cold.”

Within seconds she felt his muscular arms wrap around her tiny frame and she drew in his warmth like a moth to a flame. But like always, the wolverine had forgotten to cover his skin from the deadly girl. There was no warning before he felt himself enter her. And everyone, kitty, hank and bobby watched in horror.

“Where’s the professor!”

For Logan, it was agony. Pure pain coursing through him. His arms were already locked around her, he couldn't let go even if he wanted to. But then something changed.

In the void that lingered between pain and pleasure there was a small spark. A light in the dark.
A thought.

A thought that was not his.

‘Logan’

‘Logan’

Through the clenching of his teeth and the trembling of his body he managed to utter, “Ma...rie?”

Hank’s voice cut through the panic, “Magnificent! She sees to be controlling the flow of energy”

‘Deep breath Logan.’

He breathed deep. Then as if Marie’s mutation began working in reverse, her entire persona hit him like a dam had been broken. His psych was invaded. Every inch of him filled up. Tingles shot through his body, soothing his pain to a dull ache. And Jesus he could feel her, every inch of her.

“Logan, do you love me?”

The abrupt question shocked him and although she was in his head he couldn't understand her reasoning. “I-um...I”

“Rouge-correction-Marie welcome back my dear, how are you feeling?” Logan’s arms Were suddenly released from their position and he stepped back, eyes never leaving the girl’s face.

“My vitals are fine professor, I am in good health.”

Xavier smiled, “That was not my question.”

Marie blinked and a hint of emotion flickered onto her face as fast as it disappeared, “I am...better.”

“Good. I suggest you get some rest, and take some time to adjust to your new abilities. You may require a friend for this.”
She cocked her head “Friend?” Logan watched her watch the professor as an unspoken understanding passed between the two, “A friend would be nice.” She mumbled as her eyes swept over the people in the room.

“Kitty,” the brunette girl jumped at the sound of the professor's voice, “would you mind accompanying Marie for the time being?”

Her heart skipped at the request, “Y-Yes of course!” Kitty dashed past Bobby, barely noticing his expression, to the girl sitting on the slab. R-Marie looked...beautiful, intimidating. Her long black hair flowed until it tumbled onto the shiny surface of the slab and her eyes almost glowed.

She had changed...significantly. No emotion splayed on her face. It took all the effort marie had to stand up, even with kitty’s support she stumbled around like a newborn foal, and Logan growled when she’d refused his help.

They were now working up the stairs as kitty talked endlessly about random topics. Marie was fascinated that the girl had yet to take a breath. You’d think that her endless talk would irritate Marie, but she had adjusted, even engaged in conversation; and although subtle she was in kitty’s mind, learning the girl anew, and realised there was much she had missed before.She had missed kitty’s hidden insecurities, her jealousy, fear, love… She understood.

They finally got to the top. “The professor changed you to a different room, since-you know- the last one got destroyed.” Kitty explained, as Marie assessed the room. Smaller windows than the last one, white walls, white door, white floor; double bed with blue covers...So much like purgatory.

What was the professor's intention?

She drowned out Kitty’s babbling for a moment and focused on the sensation of her bare feet touching the smooth surface of the wooden floor boards. Every other sense faded away, then she opened the connection, letting all sensation flood in at once. What she found was nothing, nothing like she could have even imagined.

What’s happening to me!

“-And the wardrobe’s over there, for some reason everything is like super white, the bathroom too- Everything has been pretty calm so I don't think you need to worry about any-” She spun round to Marie, only the see her frozen and staring right through her, shocked, eyes wide in terror, “Marie?”

Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading :)