Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you guys for such supportive reviews and sorry this chapter is so late. Updates will become once a week since I'm starting back at college, but don't worry there won't be too many chapters, and no boring fillers!

Again, thank you :)

Today was awkward, for three days Rogue had been avoiding bodies and people, with biased opinions. Kitty and Jubilee had already left twenty minutes ago for breakfast, saying they would save a seat for her. It was time for Rogue to face everyone, everyone as in a mass of teenagers whom thought of her as a traitor and had the ability to inflict a serious amount of verbal abuse.

She had spent a near thirty minutes standing in front of the mirror giving herself and much needed pep-talk, and can you blame her? Before, even with her mutation she was an outcast, treated like a loan shark in a sea of fish, as if she would turn against them at any moment. Funny how the tables had turned...
Even Storm showed dislike towards her, her teacher. There was no way everyone would accept her. But she didn't need everyone, did she? Logan, Kitty, Jubilee...They were enough. In fact they were more than she'd had since she could remember.

Yeah, they were enough.

Finally Rogue yanked the door open and marched out with her new found confidence-leaving the door to close behind her, only to bump into Jean. She stumbled back, startled by the woman's appearance.

"Good morning Rogue, how are you feeling?"  Jean asked in a way too chipper voice, with an equally eerie, cheerful expression.

"Good morning Dr Grey, I'm fine...thank you.  H-how are you? You know, after..." She trailed of as Jean sauntered closer until there was barely space between them, until Rogue pushed herself back against the wall, feeling almost intimidated, and a nervous shiver ran down her spine as the red headed woman's piercing gaze caught her eyes. One perfectly manicured nail trailed down her cheek, digging into her skin almost painfully. "The...process must have been so painful...felt like your body was on fire, didn't it? searing beneath your skin to the point that you wanted to tear it all off..."

Rogue's breathing hitched as a wicked smile appeared on her face, "Would you like to know a secret?" She purred, "I could feel it. When the needle entered your skin, I felt it when I died," Leaning in even closer, "You brought me back Marie." Her last words were whispered and she allowed the moment to linger, before here expression became ice cold and she stepped away, muttering, "Have a nice day," before walking away, heels clicking as she went.

Rogue was speechless at what had just happened, Dr Grey was definitely acting weird-scary weird...Had nobody else noticed? Or maybe she was still recovering from her alter-ego...Rogue hoped that was the case, but deep down, a part of her that wasn't so naive and foolish new: That was NOT Dr Grey.

Breakfast wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. As soon as she collected her food, she made a bee-line for Jubilee and kitty, where they had saved a seat for her.  Surprisingly, no one bothered them, all Rogue got were a few stares and more so frequent whispers, involving the words "cure", "Professor" and "stay"; and she knew, instantly, that this was the work of Logan. In-fact, that reminded her that she needed to talk to the Professor about her position.

And be it a matter of coincidence or if he was listening in on her thoughts, professor Xavier's voice resounded in her mind, 'Rogue, would you please accompany me in my office this afternoon, we have much to discuss.'  She looked across the canteen to the Teacher's table and nodded in agreement, nerved twisting at her gut again. 'Do not worry my dear.' He assured, and rogue could feel the smile in his voice.

"Thank you," She whispered aloud.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Classes went by rather quickly and Rogue soon found herself at the Professor's door.
"Come in Rogue," And she entered, looking around the room to see Jean, Storm and

Logan standing in different positions of the room, all facing her, "Please, take a seat," He gestured, "I'm sure you know why your here and you'd prefer to skip over the idle chit-chat, so I will begin: Rogue, Would you like to stay at this school?"

She nodded and could see the weather witch tense, "and stay on the team...I never used my mutation before, so I won't be handicapped without it now."

Xavier linked his hands, his wrinkles becoming more defined as he contemplated her reply, "though that is not necessarily true...If you were to become injured, like on the mission in Alaska, if your injuries become fatal in future Logan will not be able to heal you. I'm saying this because that was the agreement that Logan and I had,"

Immediately Rogue's head whipped round to Logan, whom was leaning casually  against the window as he watched her reaction. "Rogue, because you were somewhat a runaway/disowned by your parents...I had to place you under the legal protection of a guardian. Logan was the best option, familiarity wise and Dr Grey also volunteered to oversee things also..."

This shocked her, she frowned, "So, what? Logan and Dr Grey are my parents now?" Logan choked at the assumption.

"No, I thought it would be better if Logan had a more closer title as your "older brother", encase the direction of your...relationship were to evolve" At this, Rogue blushed, "I'm not blind my dear."

"That is highly inappropriate!" Storm commented.

"Their relationship is very complex Storm, and I'd prefer not to interfere."

"Professor," Jean said, reminding them of the topic at hand, "I agree that rogue should continue on missions-"

"And what happens if she gets into danger or worse, kidnapped and I'm not there to protect her. Then what!" Logan growled, vein visibly ticking in his forehead.

"But you won't let that happen, will you?" Jean replied dangerously calm, as she walked round to stand behind the back of the girls chair, resting both hands on her shoulders and Logan tensed further at the gesture, whilst Rogue squirmed in her chair. She could see his claws moving underneath his skin, they were itching to be released; and she realised that Jean was purposefully provoking him, delight glinting in her eyes.

Storm interrupted, "She is no use without her mutation, only a distraction. It was her choice." The underlying resentment in her tone obvious.

"That's enough, I shall contemplate this matter further before coming to a decision," Xavier finalised, "Rogue, I believe you have not had your lunch yet, enjoy the rest of your day."

She nodded in thanks and rose from her seat, hurrying out; but not without catching another glance at Logan, who's expression was void of any emotion as his eyes followed her out. And then she knew, he also noticed the change (or lack of) in Dr Grey's recent behaviour.

And Logan didn't Like it.