Author's Chapter Notes:
HEEEYYY GUYYSSS SOOOOO SORRY for the wait!!!!!!
Had writers block again and then exams and everything was just hectic :( Anyways as usual please tell me what you think and yah! :)

Strong hands, connected to thick arms wired with muscle and broad shoulders reached out until they were curled around Maries waist in a vice-like grip. Her breathing hitched as they lifted her, until she was sat on the garage door’s surface. Fingers brushed along her exposed forearm and the connection immediately opened. Proud that she hadn’t faltered and the invading sensation, Marie smiled in thanks without looking up into the ice cold eyes of Magneto. She was busy with her Rubik’s Cube.


Momentarily she studied his presence as he turned back to resume loading up the Jeep (that he had bought under a fake name ofcourse). It was a monster. Bullet-proof, tinted windows, internal padding and a whole load of horsepower. It just so happened that everything in the car- besides the windows, mirrors and lights- were metal, including the seatbelt straps. This was a fully customized make.


When Kitty had seen it her jaw dropped. She had no idea Magneto was this rich! She just thought he lived in his secret underground lairs all the time. Who was this guy! Kitty had come to say goodbye to her best friend, guilty of avoiding Marie yesterday, in fear of the evil Magneto. Now she was just plain jealous! Marie had laughed, as in, full-blown laughed at Kitty’s confession, and that’d made the embarrassed girl’s heart warm. She had done something right. But that thought made her heart then drop. Kitty had been so wrapped up in helping Rou-Marie, recover that she was now, pretty much an outsider herself, socialising had been cut short. And now- now that her best friend was leaving a wave of longing washed over her.


If only…

A few more days.

A few more movies.

If we had talked more.


Her friend was leaving. And now Kitty would be left, to what everything had been like before; gossiping friends, a basic boyfriend and X-men training.


As if sensing Kitty's unease, despite the fact they weren’t “connected” in that moment, Marie grabbed her hand, setting down the cube, “I’ll come back. We won’t be gone for long.” But paused in contemplation before adding, “Train. Hard.” A small shock travelled up kitty’s arm, as if the girl had zapped her with electricity.


“Um, I will.” Kitty promised in confusion, before also turning to watch Magneto load the rest of whatever he was packing into the car. Kitty sighed and rested her head on Marie’s shoulder, “Are you sure you can trust him?” pulling aside the cute fishtail braid the silent girl had done for her, she took it as Marie’s unique way of saying goodbye properly.


“He will make me strong.”


“Come back quick. I passed the test to become an official X-men.”


Marie’s eyes widened in surprise, “There was a test? When?”


“Yesterday, actually,” Kitty giggled, “But for some reason Beast had to fill in and he looked real beat up.” She mocked playing dum. Magneto overheard the petite girl’s comment and almost smirked. No student had missed the brawl outside. Not one. After all, how many times do you get to see your english and history teachers duke it out- two against one, and lose. It had been a sight; Beast walking in sporting a black eye and bandaged hand. Storm had suffered a couple fractured ribs, but nothing else (Magneto was a gentleman like that) and Scott was still down and counting, (though that wasn’t actually his fault).


“So where exactly are you guys going?” Kitty blurted.


Magneto’s eyebrow twitched at the question, his patience was thinning, but he would be nice for Rogue. Although his strides were languid, there was an odd demeanor about him that made kitty tense and shy away slightly. She had never realised how intimidating he could truly be, but she did now, as he towered over both girls. Slowly he raised his hand, palm up; and kitty didn’t relax until she saw Marie’s slender fingers dance across his palm. She was shocked at the tenderness in his eyes as he tightened his hold, like a winding snake, before raising her friend’s hand in the air, interlocking their fingers and stepping forward again until there was no gap between them. Kitty observed the surprisingly intimate moment, and dare she think...almost romantic. Not even Logan had held Marie like this…


Magneto wrapping his other arm around the grey eyed girl’s waist and securing her against his body. It was like they were entranced in an imaginary dance, but when the man finally moved, her body remained tight against him.


Kitty was right, it was intimate; Marie had allowed his soul to crash against her own and it was dizzying. Like being hit by crashing waves over and over again. She could feel all his emotions, his power, but he kept his thoughts and memories under tight control, not one ran through her compared to Logan; Connection with him had been slow and steady but inside him, his thoughts were open, jumbled and violating. She would miss him. Not even the feeling of soft material hitting Marie’s bare legs broke their cocoon. Xaviers presence did. Magneto had sensed his titanium wheels rolling closer. He ignored the nagging urge to play with the metal.


“I have just received a call from wolverine.” The crippled man announced, “Shadowcat my dear, would you mind leaving us?” Said girl nodded, with one last glance at Marie she left the garage.


Beast was quick to fill Kitty’s place as he entered the room, “Am I interrupting?”


“No, I was just about to inform them.”


“Ah.” Beast replied and gestured for Xavier to continue.


“Phoenix visited him yesterday morning,” Marie’s expression dropped, she probably did more than ‘pay a visit’, “And disclosed to him a location in which was revealed to be a crime scene, specifically a motel room where three politicians, very active members of an anti-mutant group were brutally murdered. The police are investigating this as a Major Crime.”


“I looked into the organisation’s activity and it turns out they had been planning an attack on mutants using a newly developed weapon called raidex. It had passed the government’s testing phase.” Best added.


His eyes became cold and calculating, “Eric, did you have anything to do with this.”


Eric turned to his old friend/enemy now ally, “Not this time, friend. It’s Phoenix’s sign, her plan is in motion.” His words were emphasised by the click Marie’s seatbelt made as he ‘clipped’ it in, before closing the passenger side door and walking round.


Beast glanced at Marie’s slight form that was faintly outlined through the tinted windows, “May I enquire as to where you're planning to go with the girl?” he asked skeptically. His brows furrowed as he imagined Logan’s reaction when he returns to find Marie gone.


“Somewhere dry.” Magneto mused, “I suggest you keep your students inside the mansion and activate the reinforcements I created. It will not surprise me if you are attacked in retaliation.” He slid into the driver's seat and turned the key in the ignition. The engine roared to life. A quick glance at the pair through his open window. “Also, put that regenerative mutt of yours to good use.” With those as his parting words he hit the accelerator with a barely tamed ferocity. The car speed away with starlight speed.


----------------------------





Beast was right. Logan had been furious. Almost destroyed the school in his blood rage. As soon as Xavier had connected “Marie”, “Magneto” and “Gone” into a singular sentence, Wolverine’s adamantium claws had ripped through the skin that stretched over his knuckles.


Same mistake. A small voice that echoed in his mind jested.


Xavier sighed in exasperation. “Wolverine, she will be back. We need you here.”


Logan was torn. First he had been fighting for the hell of it, then for the girl, until he met Jeanie, but when Jeanie died he renewed his promise to the girl- and now...what he should have asked himself a long time ago:


Who the fuck was he fighting for?

Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading!