The battle at Alcatraz was a night to remember. The day the Phoenix moved heaven and earth, and almost wiped out every wretched being on this godforsaken planet, with a wrath that would have made the devil cringe in fear. That day...Mutants fought against humans, mutants against mutants.

And the rest? Well, they just turned a blind eye to the madness that occurred.
Marie, was one of them. Marie. Rogue.

Instead of joining her comrades at the battle of Alcatraz, she, along with a large amount of mutants tormented by their mutations stood in line, hour after hour for the cure. God, I hope I know what I'm doing, She thought as she Assessed all the other men women and children whom had cued along with her.
Rogue's stare became vacant, "I don't understand this world" she murmured as she remembered every time she had touched another person with her deadly skin. She sighed, this cure was her hope, for a normal life, to have the ability to touch without killing...touch.

Pulled back to reality by a sharp shake of her shoulder and a mumble from the tall man behind her, Rogue moved along, only to realize that she was now at the front of the line.
It's ok, just one foot in front of the other, just a little closer. I write my name here? Oh, my age there...

Everything blurred as Rogue numbly trailed behind a too joyful nurse, down a too white hallway and into a too brightly lit room that reeked of clinical products and bleach. Is that blood?  The nurse laid her on a metal slab, and rogue was too disorientated by the blinding lights and chemical smell to recognize the feel of restraints being strapped tight to her wrists and ankles; and too nauseous to feel the Sharpe and ridiculously large needle impale her skin to the hilt. It was only when, the clear liquid of the so-called cure entered her veins did she notice.

No one warned her about the pain. It was excruciating. Rogue's body immediately went into shock, her fingers curled into fists so tight, her nails bit through the material of her gloves and drew blood from the palms of her hands; her toes curled, eyes screwed shut and her teeth clenched, biting through half her tongue in the process.
And the nurse just stood there, a fake smile plastered on her face as the cure took it's time to course through her entire body. It felt like acid, and more and more of it was being pumped into her from a drip. The pamphlet said the treatment took an hour. Rogue tried to shake her head, she wanted out, she wouldn't be able to handle this for an hour; but even that brought more torture. Burning in hell did not compare to this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hanger of the jet was silent. Jeans body lay still on a stretcher, Logan right beside her. He took deep breaths, trying to prevent any show of emotion, though it clearly wasn't working. Storm, Kitty, Bobby...even Peter had tears streaming down their faces, as they all tried to comes to terms with what had happened. Silence, the only sound was light even breaths coming from the supposed to be dead Jean- who turned out to be very much alive, but comatose for a second time; but this time, it wasn't Phoenix, It was Jean. Just Jean.

And Logan's body shook with a mix of rage, sadness and happiness. When Logan had stabbed her, both jean and the Phoenix had gone into shock, and she began to violently convulse in his arms, and before she had lost consciousness one word left her lips, so quite that not even Logan could hear it, over the blood raging in his ears. She had whispered, 'Marie.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn't until seven hours later, did rogue stumble through the school doors. The hallway was dimly lit and the mansion was as silent, rogue coughed out a raspy 'Hello?' as she tried to focus through her disorientated senses and double vision and channelled every ounce of energy she had into balancing on her shaky legs. She wouldn't be able to get up the stairs in this state. Unfortunately, kitty was the only one whom heard her call and came to see who it was. The issue of "Bobby cheated" was still unresolved between the two.

"Rogue? Is that you?" Kitty called. Rogue couldn't reply, but the girl's question was answered when she swayed into the light, barely able to catch her footing. Kitty gasped, "Oh my god! Are you ok-Of course your not ok-look at you!" She was in-fact right. Rogue's normally pale skin was now slick with sweat and three times and more pale...almost yellow. Her eyes were bloodshot with dark red, almost purple rims, and it seemed she had lost two thirds of her weight. The girl was like a walking skeleton.

"We need to get down to the med-lab, hank can-but he's with Jean-I know! Logan can-"
Kitty's rambling was cut off as rogue choked out "No! No-*cough* No one."
Without hesitation, kitty was by her side, arms looped around rouge's waist to support her weight (what was left of it anyway) and began to lead her up the stairs. Kitty dragged rogue up as fast as she could, but stopped at the top, hesitating whether to go to rogue's room or to her own. Kitty looked down at rogue's slumped form and only then did she notice that their skin had been touching for a significant amount of time. In fact, kitty had grabbed her bare hand without realizing. Her breathing hitched as she waited for the effects of the deadly skin, a second passed. Two seconds. Three. Four. Five...

Kitty's eyes watered for the second time that evening. First Jean survives and now rogue is now touchable. She blinked at the sound of rouge's coughing fit and continued to hurry to the safety of her room. If rogue didn't want anyone to know, then for once she would do right by her and keep her mouth shut...she owed rogue that much; and believe it or not, but despite kitty's betrayal and rogue's solid backhand, she cared deeply for her, and silently vowed not to let her down a second time.
Once she had laid rogue carefully on her bed she clumsily ran into the adjoining bathroom to grab all the things a sick person could possibly need.