"Couldn't you at least pretend, once in a while, that I can sneak in without waking you up?" Rogue asked, adjusting the spray of the shower. She stood under the hot water letting it melt away the ache in her shoulders.

"Where would be the fun in that?" Logan blinked at the bright light absently scratching his bare chest. "The three of you were gone a long time."

"Well, yah. We were at a mall with Jubilee." Through the glass of the shower wall, he watched her begin shampooing her hair. She talked a little louder as she scrubbed her head. "Why didn't anyone tell me that girl could shop?"

Laughing, he responded, "Didn't realize you needed to know. How did you end up at the mall anyway?"

Marie, Kitty, and Jubilee had been sent out that morning to investigate some anti-mutant activity. Before today Marie had only gone out on runaway pickups. She had a knack for making the kids understand it was a chance to get their act together and decide what they wanted out of life. Once back at the mansion, she became a fierce watchdog to make sure no one pressured the kids into anything.

"The assignment was a bust and with the mall only minutes away, Jubilee got permission to go there instead." Peeking around the glass wall, soapy washcloth in hand, she added, "DO NOT EVER get in that girl's way at the mall. Kitty had to fake a leg injury so we could eat lunch."

Logan watched her warped figure behind the glass and smiled. Jubilee had been the first person Marie had talked to at the mansion. He knew it had been hard for her to get used to Jubilee's personality, but over time and with Kitty's mellower attitude, the three of them had become friends. He knew that Marie sought them out when he was away and had even gone out for a movie or three with them.

"Anyway, supper time came and went. I swore I'd have you shred her favorite yellow jacket if we didn't stop." Rogue knocked on the glass indicating she was finished and he could step in if he wanted.

Shortly after arriving at the mansion, Logan had showed her exactly how much room the shower in his … their suite had. When he'd been gone for extended periods of time, this became her favorite place to welcome him home.

Home...huh…she couldn't remember ever using that word in connection with any place she'd lived. She couldn't deny she'd made a home at the mansion, more from Logan's sheer force of will than anything else. He'd treated her as if she belonged and was part of the staff. Everyone else followed suit.

He was still out there leaning against the wall. Maybe he needed some encouragement. "We stopped at a nice restaurant. They had the best chocolate cake I've ever had. It might take the top spot on my list." She was daring him, inviting him into the shower for a late night romp.

Rogue turned, wiping the water from her face to find herself staring at Logan's wet, hairy chest. A year later and there were still times he was able to surprise her like this. Usually when he was hunting her and she'd learned not to mind at all.

Her hand followed the water as it cascaded down his chest, over his abdomen to the base of his erect penis. Apparently, she'd pushed all the right buttons with the cake comment. A growl rumbled through Logan's chest and her eyes snapped up to his face.

"I think I need to remind you that the top of the list belongs to me." His eyes were dark with desire as he placed a possessive hand on her hip. Leaning down, he kissed her hard, walking her back into the wall of the shower.

He let her up for a breath, whatever she was going to say turned into a squeak as he hoisted her up his body. Logan pushed her firmly against the wall, adjusting her legs around his hips and kissed her again. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing herself into him.

This time when he let her catch her breath, she said, "Not too bad, but that cake was really good." Giving her a look of mock indignation, he reached between them and rubbed the head of his erection on her wet folds. "Mmm, that's better."

He gave Marie a wolfish grin and began to ease her back down the wall. "No." she let out frantically, holding on to her current position.

"No, what?" he asked, halting her progression.

"No piece of chocolate cake is ever going to take your place." She wiggled, trying to keep from slipping further down his body. She gave a frustrated huff, "Don't make me beg."

"But I like it when you beg," he whispered, once again letting his cock slide over her sensitive flesh. She nodded acknowledgement, but moved her hand to guide him where she wanted him.

She was more than ready for him and he let out a grunt as he easily slid into her. He stood still a second finding the correct balance of her weight for the rhythm he wanted to set. Having none of it, she began to move independently of him.

He stilled her movements by flatting her against the wall. "Let me…," he readjusted them, finding the pressure they both needed. This time when he began to move she let out a small moan.

She clung to him, eyes closed, head lolled to one side in pleasure as he pistoned in and out of her. "Say it," she begged him between breaths.

He sank his hand into her hair, forcing her to look into his eyes. "I love you."

Her fingernails dug into his biceps and a leg slipped down his hip as she began to convulse around him. Crashing her lips onto his, she thrust her tongue into his mouth.

Breaking away from their clashing tongues for a breath, she nibbled her way up his jaw line. "Fuck me," she whispered into his ear, biting his lobe. He slammed into her several more times before loosing his rhythm and spilling into her. God, he never grew tired of this with Marie.

Legs and arms trembling from their love making, he stumbled back to sit down heavily on the bench built into the wall. Marie straddled his lap and gave him a lazy kiss. He leaned back against the cool tiles of the wall, resting his hands on her hips.

It had been a whole year and a handful of months since the day she walked into the mansion and back into his life. He'd never failed to be amazed at the second chance fate had given them. At first it had been bumpy, what relationship didn't have its share of potholes. But Marie had worked hard to verbalize when she could and he'd encouraged her to be open and honest.

Slowly, she'd even let the others in the mansion into her life. He suspected that she'd even sought out Ro and Jeannie on occasion for advice. Today's excursion with Kitty and Jubilee left little doubt in his mind as to the bond Marie was building there. The relationship with the men was a little harder to qualify, but if Danger Room sessions were anything to go by, they had gained her trust for the most part.

Logan had learned when to recognize that she was trying to say she loved him. Often it was a kiss on his sideburn or a squeeze of his hand when he told her. His favorite was when she stated that she liked him more than chocolate. He smiled at that thought.

He'd once walked in on the X-Women oohing and aahing over a box of expensive chocolates. Marie, knowing he was watching, had carefully selected one. Then stared at him as she sank her teeth into it. The tenderness on her face and the lust in her eyes had led to him dragging her to their room. The love making that followed was intense and though she didn't say anything he'd noticed an increase in sideburn kisses and hand squeezing when he hadn't said 'I love you' first.

Logan ran his hands up her side, cupped her perfect breasts. He shifted slightly underneath her; arrange himself so his hardening cock pressed against her belly. Damn, this place for its excellent water heater.

Rogue smiled, playing with his hair, trying to make it lay flat. After numerous attempts in the past; she'd given up believing his hair would do anything other than stand up at odd angles, no matter the length. Yet, she continued to play with his hair because it calmed him. Her, the Rogue, doing something for someone else purely because they enjoyed it. The funny things love and being loved made you want to do.

She sighed contently, not even trying to hide the fact that she was happy. Content and happy. Hell, she'd even throw in 'in love' for good measure.

After all the time she'd wasted denying that she possessed feelings at all, it no longer frightened her to admit to herself she was in love with Logan. Probably not at first in the coffee shop, but there had been something undeniable that grew into love.

Now, kneeling here on his lap in the shower, she felt light-hearted and carefree. He was running his hands up and down her sides, occasionally nuzzling her breasts, almost purring. The Wolverine; content, happy, and in love. Since the day he helped her unpack and start building a life with the other residents of the mansion, he'd been very free with telling her 'I love you'. Rogue had tried the best she could to let him know she felt the same way, but looking down at him, her heart fluttered in her chest.

"I love you, Logan."

He froze, tongue stuck out to lick a nipple. Straightening up he looked her in the eye, the surprise of it written plainly across his face. Maybe she had been able to sneak up on him. She gave him an impish grin.

Logan returned the smile. "Say it again."

She took his face in her hands, barely containing the laugh bubbling to the surface. "Do I get a reward, if I do?"

Quirking an eyebrow, he pulled her down for a kiss. She backed away, tugging on his bottom lip. "I want something bigger," she said, rising up on her knees. Slowly, she lowered herself down on his cock, and then repeated the maneuver several times.

"Tell me," he said, through gritted teeth.

She ground down onto him. "Make me."

The hands on his shoulders were shaking, her eyes full of need, but there was a challenge also. He could tell she wanted to say it again, but after all this time he was willing to play this little game with her. Logan lifted his hips away from the bench, giving her better access to his full length.

He placed his hands on her hips, locking her to him as she continued to grind down. "Marie!" He knew he was pleading, mostly whining, but he really didn't care at the moment. She'd said she loved him and he was bound and determined to hear it again.

Her head was thrown back, body quivering with effort. "Oh god, yes…I love you," she said, dragging him over the edge after her.

She collapsed on him, breathing heavy as they both came down from the high. He held her tightly in his arms; a rumbling growl working it's way up from his chest.

Rogue peered at him, a smile firmly etched on his face. It had felt good to say it, not only once but twice. "Don't get too smug, mister." Lightly, she smacked his arm. "That was sex talk."

He laughed. This had been a long time coming and he would let her play it however she needed to, because he knew it to be true. "Whatever you say, Darlin'. Whatever you say."

Burying her face in his neck, she inhaled deeply of his scent. Warmth and comfort washing over her, she knew it had taken her too long to say those three little words. But this was perfect timing for them both. "I love you," she repeated, just to make sure it wasn't afterglow.

~*~