There I sat behind the wheel of a SUV, putting in my time on surveillance. I had begun to suspect that this assignment was nothing more than a training mission in patience, as during the last week of the junior team taking turns, nothing of importance had happened.

Tonight was no different; no one even appeared to be at the house at the end of the road. Fortunately for me, my partner was Logan and he even let me drive. Unfortunately for me, I'd spent the last hour listening to his soft breathing as he slept.

No wonder Kitty had told me to bring a book. At least I'd taken her advice and worn something comfortable.

Logan had given me a disapproving look when I met up with him in the garage. I had on a blouse, a long twirly skirt and slip on shoes. "I can wait while you go change," he said, mildly perturbed.

His being annoyed was never as much fun for me as his wolfish grin, but a girl has to work with what she is given. I did my best hair flip and batted my eyelashes at him. "I saw no need to change; you didn't." He was battling a small smile that wanted to take over his scowl. "Besides an X-Man should always be prepared. Bad guys aren't going to wait for me to change into my uniform." The smile won out and he tossed me the keys.

Now he was reclined in the passenger seat, long legs stretched out, arms crossed over his chest; asleep. I was left to my own devices.

I'd already contemplated the meaning of life and turned my attention to pressing questions such as why dark chocolate is better than milk chocolate. Damn, where did those fifteen minutes go? No time continuity issues here.

I thought about fiddling with the radio, but the defrost would come on and fog up the windows. My mind turned to other mundane activities that fog up a vehicle's windows. I eyed Logan in the passenger seat. Well, since I moved into his room, he was supposed to be available to answer my questions.

Drawing my skirt up so I could turn, I kneeled on the seat facing his still sleeping form. "Logan." I whispered, moving the console to the upright position.

The corner of his mouth twitched.

So, he wasn't completely asleep. I moved closer, sitting on my heels beside him and whispered again. "I have a question."

"Mmm." Okay, he was half listening to me. I scrutinized his form, deciding how to proceed. Heat began to curl in the pit of my stomach as I placed a hand on his abdomen below his crossed arms. The hard muscles there rippled slightly as I asked, "Logan, what's it like to make out in a vehicle."

His eyes remained shut, but I knew I had his full attention. I'd recently discovered that he really likes it when I whisper softly behind his ear, just enough to stir the fine hairs there.

"What do you have in mind, Marie?" he asked in a sleepy voice.

I slid my hand down his stomach and inched it underneath the waistband of his jeans. Sometime ago Logan quit wearing his big belt buckle; apparently I struggled with undoing it one too many times.

He sucked in his gut, not that he had a gut in the first place, and shifted the position of his legs to allow me better access. "Marie." It was supposed to be a warning growl, but I knew the subtle differences in the many growls of the Wolverine. Oh this was a warning growl to be sure, however it wasn't a "we-are-on-a-mission-you-must-be-deadly-serious" growl; it was more of the "you-keep-that-up-and-you'll-get-what-you-deserve" sexy type growl. Next to "that grin" this was the second best indicator of sexy times coming my way.

"I just thought that this would be a great time for you to answer one of my sex questions." His hips were flexing and his thigh muscles tensing as I began to move my hand in a rhythmic pattern.

"We're on surveillance." I knew he wasn't serious and let him protest for the sake of his man pride.

"The perps would pass us by if they thought we were out here having sex." He uncrossed his arms and softly placed one hand on the small of my back and expertly undid the fly of his jeans with the other. Did I know my man or what?

I enjoyed the way Logan white knuckled the armrest in contrast to the gentle hand on the back of my head. Oral sex was something rather new to me, but Logan had never complained and I would say by the moans escaping his lips, I must be doing something right.

Suddenly, he pulled me up and lifted me up to straddle his hips. "I need…" He was unbuttoning my blouse while I hiked up my skirt. He stopped abruptly. "Damnit!"

I laughed at him and reached for my purse on the floorboard. "I told you, an X-Man should always be prepared." His wolfish grin finally made an appearance as I handed him a string of foil packets.

"I love you," Logan said, pulling me down for a kiss.

I had no chance to reply as he worked his way down to my chest. I took a moment to reflect on his affection for my breasts. He would probably write poetry about my 'perfect' breasts if the Wolverine wrote poetry. Anyway, he'd found a way to swirl his tongue around my nipple that made me gasp. Every. Single. Time.

Then there was the angle of the reclined seat. It was excellent for taking care of my needs. Logan, without exception, was more than willing to make sure I was satisfied.

The openness of the SUV made me a little self-consensus of being seen half naked. Logan was good enough to point out that the windows had a sufficient layer of fog on them to prevent any casual observation. Not to mention that my hair made a nice curtain of privacy.

A condom later, I found myself in the backseat. I was looking up at Logan, admiring his chest after I got his t-shirt off. He's always had nice biceps, but there is nothing like marveling at them in the moonlight. A thin sheen of sweat made them glisten. I took pleasure in dragging my nails down his pectoralis major, then his trapezius, and finally tracing a line down his erector spinae to his gluteus maximus. Why yes, I did pay attention in anatomy. Why do you ask?

In the past I believed the backseat of an SUV to be rather roomy. However, when you put two people there, in a prone position, space is limited. Legs end up over the backs of seats, hands on windows, and heads bump the roof. All in all, an interesting experience.

Several hours later, of which almost every minute could be accounted for, I lay on Logan where I'd collapsed earlier. I pondered the whole time continuity situation. "Hmm…time really does fly when you're having fun." Maybe there wasn't a problem with time unless Logan was entered into the equation.

Another thought popped into my head from when this night of surveillance began. "That house down the road, it's vacant, isn't it?'

Logan gave a laugh that reverberated through my body. "Scouted it two weeks ago. Nobody's lived there for years."

"So, this is an experiment with the junior team." I traced circles on his chest. "Are we being rated on how observant we are?"

He smiled at me. "Marie, you passed with flying colors."

I kissed him and tweaked his nipple for good measure. "What are you willing to do so that I don't tell everyone?"

"Nothing." He reached under the seat, I heard a latch release and the back of the seat dropped to make one large, flat surface. I couldn't stifle a giggle as he rolled us over. "I know how to keep you from talking."

Logan was right of course, but I don't really believe I was all that quiet.

~*~