Here's where things started to get complicated. I actively avoided Logan for almost a week, because I was really concerned about the time continuity issue. Every time I looked at him my thoughts all gravitated to one thing. In turn, my body responded to the slightest of moves he made.


More than once I caught him looking my way, raising that eyebrow. It was a damned good thing I never stuck around long enough to see that lopsided grin or we'd have both been in trouble.


Did I really want to be held responsible for breaking the continuity of time for having sex with Logan? No, I will not answer that question.


Finally tired of running, I let him corner me in the library while I pretended to look for a book. I pulled the first book that grabbed my attention and let it fall open using the shelf to hold it.


Logan found me in no time flat. I'm pretty sure he'd started to track me by scent and I wander what interesting things his heightened senses told him about me.


He was all casual like he hung out in the mansion's library all the time. Me, despite all the study time spent in there in high school, I acted like this was the first time I'd ever been in the science section. He moseyed up to me looking all sexy in his blue jeans and flannel shirt. Well, yeah he always looked sexy so that was nothing new.


Lord, he generated enough heat for the both of us, making me flush a deeper red. Do Not look at the eyebrow you know he has raised.


"What ya' readin', Marie?" The way he said my name made me all melty inside. I'm not even sure what book I opened and I can't see it through closed eyelids.

He swung behind me, looking over my shoulder at the book. We both knew he could've seen it from where he was standing before. But Nooo he had to go and put his chest against my back. Breathing whispery light across my ear.


"Anatomy?" His voice low and husky.


My eyes snapped open. Damn. I squinted at the upside down illustration, because in my haste to look natural I didn't get the book turned right side up. The Male Reproductive Organs. I said a little prayer to whatever god might be listening. Please stop laughing and take pity on me.


Logan was nuzzling at my neck, hands wrapped around my waist, playing with the waistband of my jeans. "I've never been much for reading about it. More of a hands on learner."


I surprised myself when a little moan escaped my mouth. I don't know why I'm surprised anymore with the things Logan "makes" me do. He growled and licked the sensitive spot under my ear. Man oh man, it sure didn't take him long to learn what I enjoyed. "Would you like me to show you?"


"Uh-huh." I nodded, probably a little too enthusiastically.


Logan took the book from my hands and leaned it against the other books on the shelf. Slowly he turned me around to face him. I pulled him roughly to me for a kiss and we fell back into the bookcase.


I vaguely recalled what sounded like books falling from the other side of the bookcase. There might have been a startled shout from that side also. It was hard to tell since Logan had his hand up my shirt and was cupping a breast.


Since a bookshelf jutting into the small of your back isn't exactly comfortable, I dragged him upstairs. I suppose I should clarify that. Dragging gives the impression he was taken by force. On the contrary, with Logan's longer stride I was almost running to keep up. Although I did make the final decision of guiding us to his room.


No sooner was the door shut than half of our clothes were scattered on the floor. Just as quickly the back of my knees came in contact with the bed and a box of condoms appeared on the nightstand.


Once again I found myself underneath him, however this time I didn't seem to be having any lapses in time. The only oddity was my indecision as to where I should put my hands.


Logan must have noticed because he gave me an inquisitive look before letting out a laugh. "Relax Marie, there's not much you could do right now to spoil this."


"But..." I moved my hands around futilely, "I don't know where to put them."


He gave me that grin, the one that makes my stomach do flip-flops. "I can take care of that." Carefully Logan pinned both my wrists in one of his large hands above my head. "That better?"


I squirmed a little and could only nod, when I discovered this particular position gave a nice bit of friction all its own. Not that I've ever been overly submissive, but I was willing to give this a chance.


And boy did Logan make me glad I did. I'm pretty sure he enjoyed this situation quite a bit too as I remember something mumbled about using some of my long ago discarded scarves in the future.


Some time later as I lay by his side lightly tracing his muscles, I made two important discoveries. First, the Wolverine is actually ticklish in some very interesting places. Secondly, in all of mutant history, the healing factor has got to be one of the best mutations. Ever.