Author's Chapter Notes:
Rogue deals with the fallout of her declaration.

I will be traveling for the next few days so I don't know how much writing I'll get done. Hopefully I can get something done and posted for you though!
The door burst open a few moments later and Stryker, along with a number of men armed to the teeth walked into the room. “What did you say?”

Marie looked up from where she’d moved to sit with Scott and Jean. “I said I’m pregnant.” She replied. He motioned to a couple of the guards and two men walked forward, firearms at the ready. Scott jumped up from his sitting position, but Marie placed her hand in his stopping him. He helped her to her feet and Jean rose alongside her.

Stryker narrowed his eyes and motioned again to the guards. I want the two females. Leave the male.”

Jean turned a pleading eye to Scott. A silent conversation seemed to go on between them because Scott drew her to him in a deep kiss and simply held her for a moment. Marie shifted on her feet, feeling like an intruder on their peaceful moment. Stryker held his men back in a surprisingly generous gesture. Rogue growled in her head, reminding her that Stryker was using them to keep the men on a tight leash and the happier they were the more controllable they were.

Jean pulled away from Scott and moved to stand next to Marie. The two of them presented a united front for Scott holding their heads high as they were paraded out into the hallway. The door closed behind them with a resounding and heavy click.

Outside their room was much the same as inside in respect to severity and simplicity, except here the walls and floor were made of white tile and concrete and the doors all had titles on them. She passed hallways with arrows and doors labeled Testing 1, 2, and 3 as well as one that read Laboratory and another that read debriefing on their five minute walk. Finally Stryker opened the final door in this section of the hall, one named Medical, and ushered them into it.

Everything that happened in the room happened so fast that Marie could barely keep up. Blood was taken from both her and Jean and then both of them were given shots, probably vitamins. Marie was eventually laid out onto a bed and a sonogram was brought over. She was given a look at the small child growing in her womb, a tiny little blob of a thing, it looked nothing like a human yet. Tears welled up in her eyes, sadness overcoming her for the briefest of moments when she thought of Logan. Her husband should be here for this. The tears never fell though; she steeled herself against the sadness and listened patiently as the men discussed her as if she weren’t there.

“This is a huge step forward in the plans we had already been making.” The doctor was telling Stryker.

“Yes. Definitely something that is to going to work to our advantage.” Stryker looked down at Marie and noticed that she was no longer looking in awe at the screen on the monitor but had begun to pay attention to their conversation. He quickly changed the subject. “I want a full blood test on both of the women, make sure they stay fit and healthy. Follow on with the orders you already have, make sure to move to stage two. I don’t think we’ll have a problem with the first stage.”

Marie tried to follow along with what they had been saying but Rogue was too loud and growly in her head, making it difficult for her to discern more of their conversation. She came away from it with a more than uncomfortable feeling. Evidentially Rogue felt the same way.

They were poked and prodded a little more, Jean underwent considerable more testing than Marie had, earning a few more shots of some kind before being sent into the bathroom to pee into a cup. Eventually Marie had been placed under the same scrutiny, someone watching as she filled a clear plastic specimen cup with urine. After a little while longer, Marie and Jean were marched back down the hall and into their cell.

Jean and Scott reunited with a long and searing kiss, hands checking each other for injuries and general realness. Marie sat down on her mattress and listened woodenly as Jean filled Scott in on what they had done. Marie, not knowing Stryker’s endgame, sat still and waited. Logan would be back soon.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading!