Author's Chapter Notes:
Marie drops a bomb.

So, this chapter came up pretty fast. I don't know what my posting pace will be, but I'm hoping for at least one a week. Btw, this was so much fun to write.
Marie shook herself and looked up at her friends. She rose and walked over toward them, settling on the floor in front of them. She spoke so quietly that Jean asked her to repeat herself.

“I’m pregnant.” Marie said again, her voice no louder than a whisper. Their reaction was delayed.

“Oh my god!” Jean all but whispered. “Are you ok? Shit, you’ve been electrocuted twice! I need to get you…” Her voice trailed off when she remembered where they were.

“How did this happen?” Scott asked. At Marie’s deadpan stare he cleared his throat and amended his question. “I mean, you know… You know what I mean.” Scott wasn’t talking about control. Marie had been able to control her skin for the last three years, the incident at the Statue of Liberty had spurred on her desire for control.

“When did you know?” Jean asked her.

“Logan and I have been trying to get pregnant for a few months now. We only just found out, because Logan could hear the heartbeat last weekend. I figure I’m in my fifth week.” She paused and looked at Jean apologetically.

“I’m sorry that I didn’t come to you sooner, we wanted to make sure that it… stuck. I didn’t want to have to explain to everyone that I’d miscarried after telling them that I was pregnant.” Jean reached out and rubbed a hand along Marie’s hair before pulling her in for a tight embrace. Jean’s scent was sweet and warm and forgiving.

“Don’t worry about it.” The women disentangled themselves long enough for Scott to reach out and take her in his arms. She could smell the happiness and sadness mingling together on him and couldn’t help but feel the same.

“Congratulations,” he whispered then he let her go.

She took a moment to enjoy sharing this news with family before getting back to business. “Logan wants me to tell them. He thinks it’ll make my life easier in this place if they know that I’m carrying his child.” She knew his reasoning and agreed with him, though Rogue hated every moment of it. She denied even the possibility of telling them, wanting only to find a way to a den and hunt and sleep and make a home for their child. Marie tamped her down. This is my life. I will not live it like an animal on the outskirts of humanity. I deserve more. Her baby deserved more and so did Logan and Jean and Scott.

“It’s a good idea,” Scott said, interrupting her inner struggle. “They’ll see the baby as a-“ He never finished his sentence because Jean elbowed him in the ribs. But Marie knew what he had been about to say. They would see her child as a thing that they could mold, from birth to adulthood, into a killing machine bowing to their every whim. Something broke inside Marie at that revelation and in this one aspect her and Rogue were of a like mind. Their child would not be born here.

Jean had been watching her intently, Marie noticed as she took a moment to shake herself. When she was sure she had Marie’s attention she spoke. “I think it’s a good idea too, but I’m worried that they’ll take you away from here.”

“I don’t think so,” Scott said thoughtfully. “You and Marie were brought here for one thing and one thing only, to keep Logan and I in line. They won’t jeopardize that mission. If anything, it’ll ensure Logan’s cooperation completely.”

Nodding in agreement, Marie stood and walked to the center of the room. She looked up and shouted at the men she could see through the glass ceiling of their prison.

“Hey! Hey you up there, I’ve got something I thought you should know!” No one paid her any attention, they all continued with their work, but she knew they were watching and listening. Maybe not through the obvious route, but through monitors and speakers. She continued on. “I’m pregnant.”
Chapter End Notes:
Ha! Take that you bitches! *shakes fist as Stryker and his team*

Hope you loved the way I strung some of these words together as much as I did.