Author's Chapter Notes:
Logan and Marie's differing POV.
He'd never thought of his life in the terms of happiness. Fighting gave him satisfaction when it relieved tension. Drinking brought contentment at times. Reading took him out of his life; meditation could bring some inner peace. Sex…well sex was something else entirely. None of these things had ever brought happiness.

Sure he'd laughed or had good times before, but none of it lasted. Happiness was always just out of his reach. Maybe that's why he'd pursued Jean for a time. He saw the happiness that she shared with Scott. If only he could possess her, he might find that elusive emotion. But the more he chased the further from happy he became.

One day he stopped chasing and realized it was nearby almost everyday. Two hope filled brown eyes held the promise of happiness that had eluded him for so long. It came with no expectations or questions, only understanding.

~~~~

Being happy was something she thought relegated to the past. Memories stuck in time with a family long gone.

But just as time heals old wounds so can it rebuild discarded hopes. A family of sorts built up around her, one that made her feel wanted. A boyfriend materialized and though he was kind it was not happiness.

She became content to watch and wait for the happiness she knew was within her reach. When it came it wasn't just happiness, but love.

~*~