Author's Chapter Notes:
Written for lj community comment fic.
Logan heard Rogue’s drunken ramblings and smelled the alcohol long before the knock at his door. He gave a resigned, “Yah.”

The door practically burst open, Rogue stumbling in after it. He had already guessed that she had liberated a can from his beer stash; but now with her in the room he concluded it to be a whole six pack. Righting herself, she closed the door and picked her way through the dark to Logan’s bed.

She began to murmur in a barely audible whisper. Logan had a hard time making it out from where he leaned on the doorjamb to the bathroom. Even his enhanced hearing couldn’t make up for the quieter than normal slurred whispering.

His first instinct was to be angry. He didn’t take kindly to someone braking into his stash. But this someone was Marie. She was obviously convinced she needed a beer or six to bolster her courage to confront him.

With a sigh he walked silently over to the edge of the bed to stand behind her. She had finished talking and seemed to be waiting for a reply. She swayed slightly, “Logan?’

He took pity on her as she began to reach for the lumpy bedding, “Rogue.”

She turned so fast she lost her balance and did a face plant into Logan’s chest. He placed his hands on her shoulders bringing her back upright and steadying her. “Logan!” came the high-pitched squeal, accompanied by a goofy grin. He grimaced in pain from the sound as she hooked a thumb in a direction over her shoulder. “I was just talkin’ to you.”

“Darlin’, you’re drunk.”

She nodded her head like that of a bobble doll, “You could fix that.”

“I could.” he agreed. “But their needs to be some penalty for stealing my beer.” She tried to give him her best pout. He suppressed the smile threatening to break out and added, “I think you need to go to bed.”

Rogue once again pointed over her shoulder, “There’s a bed we can use.”

“No.” he stated. “The first time in my bed you won’t be drunk.”

A giggle escaped her as he picked her up in his arms. Resting her head on his shoulder, she sleepily whispered, “I love you.”

Opening the door he replied, “I know, we’ll talk tomorrow when you’re not hung over.”