Author's Chapter Notes:
I want to know what happens next, but after 10 years it isn't going to be me that finishes it.
Rogue had been avoiding him since it happened. Really, she kept telling herself, it wasn't her fault. After all he could melt most women with one of his smoldering glances, not to mention the fact that she was practically a ball of goo anytime they shared the same space.

In fact, not quite a month ago he'd come up behind her while she was reading. Leaning over her shoulder, he'd asked what she was reading in that hot, husky voice that sent shivers down her spine. That's all, one simple, little question. Yet she'd swear from the way her stomach coiled and her skin flushed, if he'd so much as laid a finger on her, she would have had an orgasm on the spot.

Thinking about it in those terms made her feel better, because that whole episode during her training session was not completely her fault.

Her training for the team had progressed to weapons. This meant that she met with Logan several times a week to learn defensive skills in the use of weaponry. Monday's lesson had started with her playing a knife welding attacker, while he demonstrated ways to disarm an aggressor.

During her first days of training she had decided to never be taken out of action without a fight, nothing was worse than giving up. And here she was, not even halfway through the session, already pinned to the wall. Currently she was struggling against Logan's grasp, working to free herself and her weapon before he could disable her.

Quickly she took stock of the situation. Logan had both of her wrists captured above her head in one large hand, using the other to wrench the knife from her hand. She thanked god that she had chosen to wear leather gloves this time so that her sweaty palms and satin gloves weren't aiding him in his endeavor. He was using a hip, with the knee anchored to the wall, to hold her lower torso in place. Her legs fell on either side of his thigh and no matter how she twisted or turned she couldn't land any effective kicks.

He pressed the full length of his body against her to lessen her ability to struggle. Her focus shifted from trying to keep control of her weapon, to the way his body fit against hers. More importantly, the way his thigh practically caressed certain sensitive areas.

She didn't dare move, not with the way everything was narrowing and converging on one delightful sensation. His mouth was set in a firm straight line of concentration. God help her, but she wanted to know if his lips had that same set when he was concentrating on something else.

As if on cue, Logan growled in frustration and shifted his weight, making the muscles of his thigh ripple. She felt the growl reverberate through her entire body, suddenly expanding everything that had previously narrowed. It took what was left of her strength to remain upright and catch her breath.

Logan's gaze finally tore away from their hands, and rested on her face. His eyes narrowed and nostrils flared. She was curious as to what his senses told him. Probably that the room had gone from smelling a little like him, her and sweat; to something more along the lines of all her and slightly like sex.

He loosened his grip on her and stepped back, letting her slide down from tiptoes to heels. He only stared at her slack-jawed.

"Uhm...I think I've had enough practice for today. There's some other things I need to do." Like take a cold shower, she added mentally.

Handing him the knife, she fled before he could snap out of his trance and say something.

~*~