Author's Chapter Notes:
Waiting on results.
Rogue didn't think she would ever be one of those women, nervously waiting out the few minutes it took for the results to show. The tub and sink had already been scrubbed until they sparkled. Looking around for something else, she quickly pulled on her gloves to keep from biting her nails down to the cuticle.

She grabbed the package again, reading carefully to make sure every step had been followed precisely. Checking the plastic window, she watched the purplish test line slowly march across the expanse of white. Another minute and she'd know one way or the other.

For lack of anything better to do, she snatched the new box of condoms from the night stand. Skimming the jumble of information, she found what she was looking for: "...when used properly...98% effective in preventing pregnancy." Her eyes widened, that was never mentioned all those years ago in health class.

She sat down hard on the edge of the bed; one hand still gripping the blue box, the other settling on her abdomen. She could be pregnant, carrying his child. Would he be happy with the news? Would he want a girl or a boy? Her mind raced with the possibilities; baby furniture, clothes, toys, names...colleges, grandchildren.

The timer rang loudly, scaring her out of the future. Swallowing the lump in her throat she walked to the bathroom. The test strip laughed at her fanciful dreams, making the window next to it seem even emptier.


~*~