Anna Marie hummed to herself while slowly cutting potatoes. Occasionally looking out the kitchen window, she smiled as she noticed that the lilacs were starting to bloom. She tried to suppress the smile when she heard the almost inaudible footsteps coming up behind her. Two large arms wrapped around her waist and her back warmed as the man she loved held her.

“Hey darlin’, how ‘bout you do that later and we have a little fun while we can, huh?”

She laughed, put down the knife, and spun around in his arms. “Ya can’t keep that feral libido under check for a single hour, can you?”

“Not when you smell that damn good,” Logan purred.

She laughed again, then raised her head to kiss him. He quickly took control, wrapping himself tighter around her, and lifting her up to sit on the counter. He attacked her with fiery kisses while his hands found their way beneath her shirt.

He was about the pull to offending garment off, when a sound outside made him halt. Rogue stopped too, confused, but then heard what Logan had.

“Shit,” he muttered, backing away from his lover and trying to think un-sexy thought to relive himself of his erection.

Anna Marie gave an overly-dramatic sigh. “We’ll just have to finish this later.” She hopped down off the counter and started chopping potatoes again, just as the kitchen door flew open and a small blur came running in.

“Mommy! Daddy! Look what I caught!” The spirited, sandy-haired six-year-old proudly held up a small fish, about six inches long.

Rogue grinned down at her son, “Oh, Jackson! She’s a beaut!”

Logan ruffled the hair on his son’s head, “Becoming a great little hunter there.”

“Well he had help,” a deep, grumpy voice came through the door. A second later, Sabertooth, wearing a heavy leather jacket and muddy boots came trouncing in.

“Thanks for taking him fishing, Victor,” Rogue said with a smile.

“Yeah, well. Couldn’t let the runt to do it. He was never was much of an angler.”

Logan narrowed his eyes at his brother, but held his tongue because his young son was still there.

Jackson plopped the fish down on the kitchen counter, and ran up the stairs.

Rogue looked down at the dirty footprints and the smelly fish with a groan. She turned to Logan, “You’re scaling it,” pointing at the fish, as she grabbed a damp sponge.

“Why should I have to do it? Victor’s supposed to be the one showing Jackson the ropes.” He muttered under his breath.

Victor just scoffed and helped himself to a beer from the fridge.

The phone rang just as Jackson sped back down the stairs, in clean clothes. Rogue indicated to her son to calm down while she answered the phone. “Yes? Oh, hey. What’s – Oh. Why? Oh, Lordy.”

The other two adults stared at Rogue, neither being able to get the entire jist of the conversation despite their enhanced hearing. Jackson’s constant running around was mostly to blame for that.

“Yeah, yeah. Ok Storm, we’ll be outside in five.” Rogue hung up the phone.

“Why do they need us?” Logan growled.

“Mutant terrorist group brought down a building. They need reinforcements to fight and do search and recovery.”

Logan nodded and head upstairs to quickly change. Anna Marie looked down at her son. “Jackson, sugar, I need you to stay here with your uncle Victor. Do everything that he says, ok?”

Jackson pouted, but squeaked out “Ok, mommy.”

She caressed the cheek of her only child, and hesitantly went upstairs to change.

“Come here, kid.” Sabertooth commanded, bringing his nephew to the living room couch, and turning on the television as they heard Rogue and Wolverine run out the door.

“Love you, sugar!”

“Take care of my boy, Vic!”

“I hate when they go away,” Jackson continued to pout.

“I know, kid. But don’t worry,” Victor smirked, “I think this is their last adventure for a while.”

The boy looked up at his hulking uncle, “Why’s that?”

“Don’t think your momma knows it, your pop might not know either, but the nose knows.”

“Huh?” The boy had no idea what that meant.

Victor beamed down at his nephew, “Our pack is about the get a little big bigger.”

Jackson still looked confused. Then a grin graced his young face.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading! Comments are appreciated!