Story Notes:
Thanks to Doctor G for creating this fab series. Thank you for reading.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Of course I don't own them, any of them, ever. No do I make money from these character so no suing. Thank you.
#48:  To reinforce good behaviour (such as shaving and dental hygiene)

Logan POV

Well it ain't like I'm complainin'. I mean... What man would?

Look at her, she's got those big eyes, and curves that could convert even a certified badass like me to the light side. She looks sweet and innocent, wicked and wild all at once. I just can't keep away from the woman and damn sure can't keep my hands offa her.

And that's a damn good thing, the way she's been actin' last few weeks.

It's started with her jumping me every morning. I mean every morning. I'll be straight with you here, when I'm awake, I want her. Some nights I can't sleep just looking at her body next to mine. Those curves and the way she shifts all about and gets those tiny shorts and strappy top sleep sets she wears all rucked up. She don't just lie still, she tumbles into sleep, throws off the covers, pulls at the pillows around her.

There's some nights I've come in and she's tossed half off the bed, sleek golden legs going on forever and ending down in cherry red painted toes, I can never resist. Her hair spread across the pillows looking' like I've already mussed it up and her back arched, neck long and a rack you can't look away from. Not that anyone but me had better even glance at it.

But that's what she has, y'know? An' that's just the woman when she's sleeping'. So think how hard it is for me to sleep next to a wet dream like that and you'll understand just how rev'd up and ready to go I am every morning.

An' I do like it in the morning, set you up for the day, you know? Now Marie, she ain't a morning person like me, she's a little night owl. She don't like to be woken up all of a sudden. An' never let it be said that she don't get going in our sessions, but for her, usually mornin's are more slow and sweet. She makes it last and she don't like to try out new things then. Which is a damn shame because I think morning Marie and a pancake breakfast (heavy on the maple syrup) would go very well together.

Anyway, first day what I'm talkin' bout now started I was headin' out early on an errand with Chuck. Not the usual kind of mission her gives me, this one I had to dress up fancy for. So I up and showered and shaved and got myself into the button down and chinos get up he'd had put in my room.

And then Miss Marie wakes up and looks over at me. That was it, right there. All hell broke lose. It wasn't 6am and she was uh, well. Some of the things we did that day surprised me, and I thought I'd done just about everything. That girl is flexible as well as feisty, that's all I saying. And man, am I grateful for peppermint lip balm.

So I go about with a smile on my face and the next day, I'm up and done up to the nines and again, my woman jumps me.

So, day after that, my mission with Chuck is done and I'm looking forward to some long morning into afternoon loving. With nothing to tear me away from my little tigress and her bed. But what do I get? 'Logan, can you turn the alarm off?' 'Hey, Logan, you wanna get me some coffee first?' 'Sugar, I'm sleepy, let me make it up to you later'. And just like that my cheery rise and shine is cut off. Huh.


Marie POV

Jean started it.

Ah know, Ah know. You'd think Ah'd never talk of something good comin' from that woman but she ain't all bad. An Ah can't blame her for tryin' to flirt with Logan a little. I mean sweet baby Jesus, the man is a walking fantasy in oh-so tight jeans.

But yeah, in this case, Jean started it.

So Hank was working in the lab, (what's new?) on some kinda behaviour modification to support the X-Team in the field. They did explain it to me, an it's meant to turn our training into reflexes. So, if we know that when the team is attacked we need to move into a defence formation and neutralise the attacker, that's all good. Problem is, what about when we get distracted, or scared and freeze or even forget? Ah know it doesn't happen often but once is enough to kill ya.

So Hank's plan is to use behaviour modification in our training, so instead of a decision, a field action becomes a subconscious reflex.

An' they're thinking of using it to maximise training time too. If we have to repeat something over and over that takes time and resources. If he can find how to train us quickly and swiftly…. well, they were thinking it could help.

The whole team was tested to find out what our most 'effective motivators' were. Hank was trying to find out what techniques could be used to train each team member to respond favourable and swiftly to specific behaviour and build positive habits in the field.

They didn't tell us what it was of course, we were just hooked up to all their monitors and shown different images and induced sensations. Jubes apparently responded most to ice cream, as it happens. Me, well, that's another story.

After all the tests, Jean got curious and got in on Hank's research. And Jean, being Jean, decided that this was just the way to get Scott to be even more 'whipped' as Logan would say, than he is already.

She said she'd always hated Scott wearing the aftershave he insist on, so now she saw a way to change it. And boy howdy did she get going on that.

Problem is, our Fearless Leader is walking around like those Lynx ads really work (with a much more souped up, Yves St Laurent version of Lynx of course). How do Ah know all this? Ah couldn't help but notice Scott wandering about with a big smile on this face, drenched in a new scent. He did it so strong Logan got a headache just from being in the mansion with him. And Jean was so mad her little plan had gone too far she spilled the beans to us girls in a late night ice-cream sesh. Now she's tryin' to figure out a way to get him to tone down the aftershave entirely. Or at least not re-apply five times a day. She's one tired woman.

But all this gave me an idea.

Ah love my man, he's big, he's strong, he's got it all. Ah do love his sideburns, and his hair, but his beard. On day one it's just a little stubble by the evening - that's cute. Day two is a little rougher, and he's wild and sexy enough to pull it off. Day three just plain hurts.

But he always hated shaving each day, Ah'd swear the man is a cat in a past life because getting him in the bath is a hard task, even when Ah'm in there with the soap and bubbles too.

But if there is something Logan loves as much as he hates baths and shaving - it's morning sex. And I like it just fine. But you know stubble just plain hurts, and I don't want to go about my day trying to keep by beard-burned inner thighs from touching.

Now they didn't include Logan in the mansion behaviour modification tests. Said he couldn't tolerate the lab for that long and was too unstable and liable to triggers for this level of training. Ah know, Ah think they're just plain rude mahself.

But Ah didn't need their fancy tests, Ah know just what to do with my man.

Ah grew up in the country you know. We had working animals and Ah know how to train anything from a stallion to a pup.

Give him treats when he's good, that's how you train a dog. Or a Wolverine…
Chapter End Notes:
My first attempt at something this 'mature'. Be kind. Thank you.