Author's Chapter Notes:
Oh, hai...um...yeah, it's been a while since I started this. So sorry! Hopefully this and the following chapters will help you to forgive me a little!

Plans for revenge were all well and good in the heat of the moment, but Rogue discovered that the old saying, “Revenge is a dish best served cold,” did not apply when the scheme involved sex. Sex with a man she’d fantasized over as a teenager, at that. Hell, if she were being honest with herself, she’d never stopped fantasizing about Logan. She thought about his large hands when her own, the only skin she’d felt in almost a decade, slid down her stomach to provide her with the satisfaction her boyfriend couldn’t. When the need for release grew too strong she imagined his mouth nuzzling where only her fingers had ventured, those lips that were the perfect mixture of firm and full as far as she could remember from the brief moments when they were pressed to her forehead on top of the Statue of Liberty. Try as she might to force her wandering mind to include Bobby in her mental playground, his pale blue eyes all too often turned into a warm hazel.

Those years of fantasizing would culminate in less than an hour, and Rogue’s stomach was suddenly full of knots. Any nervousness she had felt when proposing her revenge to Logan had magnified once they parted outside the back door closest to the stairs that led X-Men’s living quarters. She had gone to the kitchen to help with dinner, while he…well, she supposed he was getting whatever he thought was needed to help him take her virginity.

The thought caused her breath to catch in her throat, and the knot in her stomach grew to mammoth proportions making her regret the small amount of pot roast she’d managed to choke down while avoiding everyone’s eyes as loud conversations tumbled around her. Her quick steps up towards her room faltered slightly, but she managed to find the resolve to continue. Heart hammering, she fumbled with her doorknob a few times before finally twisting it open. Once the solid wood had closed behind her, she rested the back of her head against it and sighed.

What was she doing? Why hadn’t she just suggested that she and Logan have a heavy make-out session in front of Bobby’s room? What in the world had possessed her to blurt out one of her deepest fantasies, and why in the world had he agreed?

Knowing that it was too late to back out now, Rogue forced herself to move across the room to the closet where her wardrobe was jammed so tightly she almost couldn’t distinguish one piece from another. She rummaged around until she found a loose knee-length black skirt and almost sheer green blouse she saved for special occasions. A trip to her dresser produced a black camisole, green thong panties with a matching garter belt, and sheer stockings. She tried not to think as she jumped into a quick hot shower, carefully keeping her long hair piled on top of her head so that it wouldn’t get wet. A washed body and two shaved legs later, she stepped out and dried off with the waiting towel.

After applying a thin layer of moisturizer to her pale skin, she pulled the silky camisole over her head. The blouse followed, and then she hesitated with the thong in her hands before tossing it to the side. She was sure that Logan would have to keep his pants mostly on anyway, and it’s not like that little scrap of silk was going to be much protection for him. Better to leave them off than worry about where they might disappear to. Instead she slipped on the garter belt and then slid the stockings onto each leg, making sure to secure them properly just at the top of her thighs. She shimmied into the skirt and then spent a few minutes brushing out her hair until it shone in waves around her shoulders. She happened to know that Logan preferred little to no make-up on a woman when he had a choice, so she simply applied some eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss.

A quick glance at the small heart-shaped clock on the wall next to the bathroom door informed Rogue that she had forty-five minutes until the briefing was scheduled to begin. She hurried out into her bedroom and found the three-inch black stiletto heels she rarely bothered with. Jamming her feet into them, she grabbed black satin gloves and a sheer black scarf to wrap around her neck, rushed to her door and threw it open. If she hadn’t been staring straight ahead with slightly wild eyes, she would have collided with Logan for the second time in one day.

That wicked gleam returned to his eyes as she stood staring at him. She watched his eyes graze down her body and then back up. The heat caused her to shiver and drop her gloves and scarf from numb fingers when their eyes met once more. One side of his mouth quirked up in what was probably the sexiest grin in history as he reached down and picked them up off the floor.

“I think these are yours, darlin’.” His husky voice deepened just a little as he pressed the gloves and scarf back into her hand, his own shielded by leather so soft she actually forgot to flinch away from the touch.

“Mmm…yeah.” Rogue couldn’t achieve anything more coherent than that as she pulled on first one glove then another even while their eyes remained locked together. The scarf was still dangling from her hands when he chuckled and grabbed it, stuffing it into the back pocket of his dark jeans.

“Let me,” he whispered as he reached around and closed her door.

“Of course,” Rogue murmured, and she was sure they both knew she wasn’t just talking about the door.

Logan twined his fingers around hers and tugged, pulling her along beside him as he headed for the elevator. Rogue felt just a little light-headed when she realized this was actually going to happen. Every sense was heightened. She heard the rasp of his jeans as they rubbed together with each step, the swish of her skirt and clack of her heels on the hardwood floor. The scent of his skin caressed her, a mixture of musk and cigar smoke that should have been off-putting but was more arousing with each moment she spent in his presence.

The elevator door opened silently when he pressed the hidden button, and they stepped inside together. His intoxicating scent grew more pronounced, and Rogue couldn’t stop herself from rubbing her thumb along his index finger. His eyes glinted down at her, darker than she could ever recall and slightly dangerous. She licked her lips and drew in deep breaths to try and calm the hormones raging through her. No one had ever made her feel like this, not even Logan when she was deep in the throes of her girlhood crush on him. This was raw, unadulterated passion, and it set her nerves on edge in the most pleasant way possible.

In less than a minute they reached the basement level and the elevator door opened once more. Rogue allowed him to lead her out and down the hall towards the empty, dark briefing room. The lights came on automatically when they entered, and he pulled her into the corner farthest from the door. Without realizing how it happened, he trapped her against one wall with a gentle shove, his body blocking her view of the rest of the room as he gazed down at her.

Logan lifted a hand and traced a finger along her jaw. “You’re sure about this?” It was like him to offer her a chance to back out, but there was no way that was happening now. This wasn’t even about Bobby anymore. If Rogue didn’t get her hands on Logan soon, she was pretty sure the world would come grinding to a catastrophic end.

With that in mind, she twined her fingers into the hair at the nape of his neck and pulled him closer. “Shut up and kiss me, sugar,” she muttered with a saucy little smile.

Logan’s eyes lit, and faster than she thought possible he pulled out her silk scarf and laid it over her lips. His mouth followed, hot and so very sweet. Rogue slid one foot up his leg, drawing his body closer to hers as their mouths devoured each other through the thin silk. His hands seemed to take on a very purposeful life of their own, running up and down her back and kneading the flesh beneath her blouse. Each stroke sent waves of pleasure shooting through her, molten lava that threatened to consume them both.

Rogue let her own hands wander, exploring the firm muscles of his shoulders and arms, his chest and abdomen. Something inside her howled in victory when she heard him growl and pull her somehow closer, molding her body to his in a way that restricted the movement of her hands but making her very aware that he was enjoying himself. She rolled her hips, reveling in the feel of him hard and needing her as much as she needed him.

Logan’s hands shot to her ass, cupping each cheek firmly as he lifted her. Rogue felt him turn, although she no longer cared why. Vaguely she registered when he set her down on the edge of the briefing table and pressed between her legs. There was no way she could miss the way one of his hands snuck between them, though, no matter how hot his kisses made her. His fingers trailed down the top of her thigh and then slipped underneath her skirt, rubbing her bare skin in small circles as they trailed closer to the wet center of her.

Rogue moaned into his mouth when he touched her, rubbing through silk and leather in a way that seemed to make both vanish. Her nails dug into his shoulders, and she pressed up against his fingers frantically. He pressed against one spot and suddenly Rogue’s world imploded. She yelled his name as she came.

He pressed softer kisses to her lips as she came down from her sexual high, causing her to moan again. Suddenly he pulled away slightly and gave a small growl.

“We’re about to be interrupted, darlin’. How do you want to play this?”

Rogue was tempted to tell him to keep going no matter who came into the room, but then a small bit of good sense returned to her. She drew in a deep breath, still pressed up against him, and muttered, “Damn,” as she pulled the scarf from her mouth.

Shaking his head, he gave her a little grin. “So we’re done for now?”

She met his eyes and grinned back, her eyes still heated. “For now. Don’t think I’m forgetting our agreement though, Logan.”

He ran a finger along her cheek. “I wouldn’t dare.”

Logan pulled her off the table and let her decide how much she was going to straighten her clothes—which wasn’t much. She also didn’t leave his side as he sat in one of the big leather chairs, instead leaning against the arm and smiling down at him with a hand on his shoulder. They were back to playing the game, but Rogue knew that she’d started something here that went far beyond one friend helping another.

To Rogue’s delight, Bobby and Kitty were the ones who entered the briefing room then. A small, spiteful part of her wondered if they’d planned on using it for the same purposes she and Logan just had, since they were smiling until they saw that the room was occupied. Both couples stared at each other for several seconds, Rogue and Logan with self-satisfied and lazy smiles, Bobby and Kitty in shock. Bobby’s face quickly went red with anger, an interesting development for someone who controlled ice. His blue eyes flicked down to Rogue’s hand on Logan’s arm. She sighed deeply and then removed it slowly, allowing her fingers to caress the muscles she’d only dreamed about one more time before she slid into the seat next to him.

 

It came as no surprise to her when Bobby stalked around to the seat beside her while Kitty sat as far across the table from the three of them as possible. It did surprise Rogue a little that he made no effort to call her and Logan out on why they’d been meeting in the semi-dark briefing room. Instead, they all sat in tense silence until the other X-Men began to trickle in.