The next morning when they woke Logan made love to her again and then they took a shower before he put her back in bed and told her to stay there while he got them their breakfast and then he watched while she ate everything he got for her dutifully.

"Logan, sugar, I really am okay," Marie told him after he took the tray away and stretched out on the bed next to her. "Can I at least get dressed?"

"I put a nightgown on you," Logan gestured to her long black sleeveless nightgown and she nodded.

"Yes, honey but I mean real clothes. I probably need maternity clothes. I don't know if any of my jeans will still fit cause I'm already starting to show a little. But some of my dresses might fit. I'm not going to stay in bed the rest of my pregnancy, Logan," Marie said sternly. Logan pouted and she fought the urge to laugh. He probably had every intention of making sure she did just that.

"Fine," Logan muttered. "Where do I get maternity clothes?"

"I'll go shopping for those, honey. You don't - what?" she stopped and asked when he started shaking his head slowly.

"You're not going anywhere without me and I'm not letting you out of my sight when we're in public," Logan said firmly. "I won't risk it again. I can't."

She regarded him for a moment then nodded and bent down to kiss him and run her fingers through his hair. "Okay, sugar. We'll go together."

He held her close and then leaned over and rested his head in her lap, closing his eyes and enjoying the feel of her fingers massaging his scalp. After a moment he muttered, "Damn, that gets me so hard."

She giggled and looked down at him as he shifted to look up at her. "Well, we can't have you going around like that," Marie said gesturing to his prominent erection under his jeans. She ran a hand down his chest and belly and began stroking him through his jeans slowly but firmly and he growled.

"Darlin, you do know how to torture me," he choked out. She eased out from under his head and moved to straddle his hips, unzipping his jeans and freeing his erection. He watched while she lifted her nightgown to her hips and then very carefully lowered herself onto him. "Careful, baby. Christ, you're wet already?"

"I'm always ready for you, Logan," she whispered as she planted her hands on his chest and began to rock slowly. It was sweet but powerful that time, a slow build to a climax that rocked them both. Logan's last thought as they fell asleep again in each other's arms was that he could get used to mornings like this.

They went shopping at the mall when they woke again and Logan held tight to her hand the whole time, even going into the dressing room with her to try on clothes. Marie thought he was gonna bite Jubilee's head off when she tried to tell him to stay there with her.

"No, Logan, you can't go back there," Jubilee pulled on his arm and Logan whirled on her with a loud growl making her jump back. She looked past him at Marie who shook her head at her friend.

"No, Jubes. Just leave him alone. I want him with me," Marie told her firmly. She tugged on Logan's hand in hers. "Come on, honey. It's okay."

Jubilee nodded and watched as Logan led Marie to the back, checking for anything suspicious as they went. It occurred to her then what he must be going through, and Marie too. The man was sticking to her like glue and sending a murderous growl to anyone who happened to look her way that he didn't know.

After getting Marie suitable new clothing and having lunch in the food court, they went back to the mansion. Logan disappeared for a few hours after they got back and Marie finally found him in his shop going over some blueprints with Scott and Hank.

"Sugar, whatcha doing?" she asked him running a hand up his back.

"For our new place, you know, the cabin," Logan told her gesturing to the blueprints. "I'm turning the loft into a big nursery. We'll need more space with the baby and I'm soundproofing the walls of our bedroom we don’t, you know, wake the baby during certain activities."

Marie looked them over and nodded in approval. Then she yawned then and leaned against him. His arm came around her shoulders and looked at her with concerned eyes. "I'm okay. Just tired from all the shopping," she answered before he could ask.

"Why don't you go take a nap, baby?" he suggested gently.

"I will but right now, what I really, really want more than anything in the whole wide world - is some rocky road ice cream," Marie told him with her best puppy dog eyes.

He laughed outright and nodded slowly. "I take it we don't have it in the kitchen?" She shook her head. "Okay, baby. I'll go get you some rocky road ice cream. Go lay down till I get back."

"Kay," she said grinning and then dutifully went upstairs to their room. Once she was gone Logan looked at Scott and Hank who were grinning at him.

Logan just shrugged, "Hell, if she wanted the moon right now I'd do my damndest to pull the thing down and give it to her. I'd better go get that ice cream, though. At least it's not Cheerios and sardines or anything gross."

Both men laughed as Logan went to his car and drove off. He was back with her ice cream not ten minutes later and took it up to her. She was sitting up in bed, quilt pulled around her, watching TV and crying? Oh no, this wasn't good. Logan set the ice cream on the nightstand and then sat down on the bed next to her.

"Darlin, you okay? What's wrong?" Logan asked worriedly.

"Oh Logan, it's just silly. I saw this commercial with a daddy and his little boy going fishing and it made me think of you and our baby and how much you're gonna love each other. You're gonna be the best daddy and I'm worried because he's gonna love you more than me. I don't know anything about being a mama. What if I mess it all up?" Marie explained through choked sobs.

She thought he was going to be a great father? And she was worried about her being a good mother? Well, that just made no sense to him at all. Logan pulled her over into his lap and rocked her gently. "Baby, trust me you have nothing to worry about. You're going to be the best mama in the whole world. Our kid is going to love you more than anything. If anyone screws this kid up it'll be me," he told her. She pulled back and shook her head sternly.

"No, you're wonderful. You have the instincts for it. Even when you're Wolverine you would always put the baby first, protect it with your life. I don't know what the hell I'm doing," she muttered. Then she bit her lip and teared up again. "I so want a little boy that’s just like you, Logan. Do you really think he'll love me too? That I'll be a good mama?"

"I don't think it, baby I know it," Logan assured her firmly. Then he kissed her soundly. "I got your ice cream for you. Eat up. Maybe the chocolate will make you feel better. Kid'll probably like it too."

Marie took the ice cream and spoon from him and dug in as he settled next to her on the bed. "You're the best, sugar. I don't know what I'd do without you," she said resting her head on his shoulder.

"Likewise, baby," Logan answered feeling his chest tighten with emotion. God he loved her.

“Hey Logan?” she asked a few minutes later. He looked at her and raised an eyebrow. She was frowning thoughtfully at her ice cream. “It needs something.”

“What? Like sprinkles or whipped cream or something?” he asked.

“Yeah, that and maybe some caramel syrup too and ooh, zesty dill pickles, those too,” Marie told him. He just nodded, sighed and took the ice cream from her and got up walking to the door.

Logan turned back just before he got there and clarified, “Caramel syrup, whipped cream, sprinkles and zesty dill pickles?”

“Yep, then it’ll be perfect, sugar. Thank you so much,” she beamed at him.

He nodded again and took the ice cream to the kitchen all the while wondering if this was the beginning of those pregnancy cravings that baby book for daddies she’d made him read had warned about. Logan shrugged it off. His Marie wasn’t like other women. Besides, it wasn’t a difficult request. If she wanted toppings with her ice cream then he’d get them for her. No big deal.