When the jet landed, Logan took Marie in his arms and without a word carried her to their room and laid her on the bed then went to the door, shut it and locked it from anyone who might disturb them. He drew her a warm bath with the jasmine vanilla bath milk she liked and then stripped off his uniform then very gently unwrapped her from the blankets and took off her hospital gown before carrying her to the tub and found her looking at him wide-eyed with a thoughtful expression as he checked the water temperature.

"Are we taking a bath?" she asked him softly. He nodded.

"We sure are, baby," Logan answered gently. He lowered them both into the tub and cradled her back against his chest. He wanted the hospital scent off her. He bathed her gently with a soft cloth and her honey-oatmeal soap that he kept when she used his bathroom.

Marie was by no means incoherent. She was wide awake now and very lucid. Logan knew that too but he was being so careful with her, so tender, that it broke her heart. His hands shook at times as he bathed her. Then he washed her hair with her own shampoo and conditioned it. She cooperated, knowing he needed to do this himself, when he told her to close her eyes so he could rinse out the soap. Then she surprised him by turning around and taking the soap and cloth to bathe him as well. He let her, keeping very still, and also cooperated when she washed his hair. Then they got out of the tub and Logan toweled her dry oh so carefully and dried her hair too, combing it out for her before he let her dry him off and comb her fingers through his hair. He seemed to like that because his eyes slid shut and he groaned with pleasure.

When he opened his eyes again she was smiling softly at him. Then she sobered and took his face in her hands.

"I'm okay, honey. Everything's okay. I knew you'd find me," she spoke softly and it broke her heart when tears filled his eyes. Then suddenly he was on his knees in front of her, arms wrapped around her tightly and his face pressed against her belly. She just stood running her fingers through his hair as he cried and clung to her. "Okay, sugar. Let it out. I'm here, honey. Just get it all out. We're okay. Everything is okay, Logan."

He calmed after a few moments and then pressed an open-mouthed kiss to her belly and put his hands there, gazing at the spot in awe. "I can feel it," he whispered in amazement. "I hear the heart beating and I can feel it."

Marie covered his hands with her own and smiled when his eyes met hers. He smiled back. "I know, honey. It's amazing, isn't it? He's all that kept me going. That and knowing you'd find me, find us," she told him.

"He?" Logan asked looking back at her belly.

"I know it's still early but I just know it's a boy, Logan. I can feel it. I can't really explain how," Marie told him and he just shrugged and looked back at her with a grin.

"I'm not gonna argue with maternal instincts, darlin," Logan said. Marie knelt down to his level, his arms coming around her to hold her to him and smiled. He was suddenly aware that they were naked and sitting on the bathroom floor in each other's arms.

Marie watched his eyes dilate with lust and felt his shaft grow and harden with arousal against her belly between them. It caused her own arousal to spike and he growled when he smelled it. She arched against him, rubbing her breasts against his chest and purred, her own feral nature taking over. Logan freed one hand and slipped it between her thighs to check her wetness. She was already ready for him. He took her legs, wrapped them around his waist and stood carrying them to the bed and lowering them down on to it.

When he entered her, he was gentle with her, even now in feral state, Wolverine was being careful not to hurt her and the baby. He moved inside her with slow, deep thrusts. She moved with him and caressed his body with her hands and mouth wherever she could. She knew just where to touch him, where to kiss him. Logan had never had better sex than this. It was home, being inside her. She was made for him.

"I love you," Logan whispered into her mouth as he kissed her gently.

"I love you too, Logan," Marie whispered back. "But stop holding back. You're not gonna hurt me or the baby. We won't break."

He laughed a little and gave in, quickening his pace and the force of his thrusts. Soon they were both undone, moving together frantically and powerfully, growling and screaming headed toward their release. They came together, so hard that stars appeared before their eyes and Logan bit down hard on her neck to mark her as his. He had her nail marks all over his back from her own claiming.

He pulled the covers over them and spooned her from behind, securing his arms around her tightly, one hand resting protectively on her belly, her hand on top of his, and they drifted off to sleep. It was the first whole night of sleep that Logan had gotten since she was taken. But he went to sleep that night, his mind at ease now that she was safe and sound in his arms and that their child was growing healthy and strong inside her.