It took them six weeks to locate where Marie was being held. The Professor had been at it in Cerebro day and night since she’d been taken and the others had been contacting and investigating every known or rumored facility in the northeastern US and southeastern Canada. They finally located the one she was at in Nova Scotia near Halifax and it was heavily guarded. The team wasted no time however and left immediately to launch the rescue mission. They all knew Logan wasn’t going to wait. After his initial violent reaction he had been eerily calm and quiet since during the investigating and planning for the rescue. Honestly the silent, too calm Wolverine scared and worried them all more than the hostile one. But they were gonna get Rogue back soon and everything would be all right again.
________________________________________
Logan was fine as they entered the lab facility. He was fine as they had to incapacitate the guards one by one on their way to free the other prisoners they’d found from their cells. He was not fine when he caught her scent near the medical wing. Wolverine came roaring to the forefront of his psyche and he had his claws out stalking as he followed her scent, killing anyone who got in his way. No more incapacitating, no more playing nice guy X-Man. They were neutralized, quickly and cleaning, without him having to hardly break stride. No one takes his wife and lives to tell about it.

He knew the other X-Men were following him at a safe distance. They all agreed beforehand, albeit reluctantly, that when they got near Marie they were all to back off and let Logan do what he had to do. Not even Scott had argued about it.

When he finally entered the room she was in, he found her strapped to a patient bed, IV in her arm and sleeping. She was on a heart monitor but there was a fetal monitor on as well. Logan pushed Wolverine to the back of his mind as the need to take care of Marie and the baby became more important than revenge. And Wolverine didn't understand about these machines and how to get them off her safely.

He heard someone move by the door and turned his head to look at Jean trying to come forward and shook his head at her, stopping her cold. Logan went to the table beside the bed and picked up the chart reading it thoroughly. They didn't have her sedated, it said her body wouldn't react to the drugs they had tried and they didn't want to risk the fetus. Reading further he discovered they had placed her in their Weapon X program. That term he knew. Logan's blood ran cold when he read the next part.

{Subject Rogue (aka Anna Marie Howlett formerly D'Ancanto) successfully impregnated by spouse subject Wolverine (aka James Logan Howlett). Mother captured without harm to fetus or herself by Special Ops team six weeks ago during the tenth week of pregnancy. Fetus progressing at normal human rate of gestation. Fetus at sixteen weeks (4 months) in gestation on this day; all tests reveal both mother and child to have the same regenerative healing processes and feral mutations as the Wolverine. *100% success rate expected. Every calculation points to healthy gestation and uncomplicated birth for both mother and fetus.*}

He put the chart down with shaking hands and looked back over at Marie sleeping, hearing both her and their baby's hearts beating, one slow and steady while the other was faster. They were both healthy and alive. He had the bar of the hospital bed in a white knuckle grip and didn't realize he was crying and shaking until he felt the tears fall onto his hands. Wiping them away angrily, he got a grip on himself and began gently removing the IV in her and the plugs of the heart monitor. He heard Jean move again at the door when he lifted the sheet and bent Marie's legs gently so he could see how to take out the fetal monitor.

"Logan, maybe I should do that," Jean offered. He shook his head and gave her a feral glare.

"No one else is going to touch her," Logan growled. "I'll be careful."

He turned his attention back to Marie and very carefully removed the fetal monitor then replaced the sheet and took a blanket from the bed nearby and gently wrapped her up in it before he lifted her in his arms and began to carry her from the room.

"Logan?" Marie moaned groggily. She knew his touch, his scent and it woke her now being this close.

"Yeah baby, it's me. We're going home. Just hold tight to me," Logan told her kissing her temple.

"The baby?" Marie asked worriedly putting a hand on her belly.

"It's fine, darlin. I can hear the heartbeat," he assured her. She relaxed against him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I had to go with them. Couldn’t risk hurting the baby," she whispered against his neck. He nodded.

"I know, baby," he kissed her again then stopped when they got to the others. "Burn the chart over there, find the other records and burn it all. Blow the whole fucking place to kingdom come. I want ashes, Cyke."

"We'll take care of it, Logan," Scott assured him solemnly. "I give you my word."

Logan gave him a curt nod and carried Marie out and got her settled safely in the Blackbird while the others set the bombs and burned the file room. The Blackbird was a safe distance away and headed toward home when the place blew. It was so big you could see it from the air and Logan wished he felt better after knowing it was destroyed but he didn’t. When were these fuckers gonna learn to leave him and his loved ones alone?

He looked at Marie sleeping beside him, blanket tucked around her and her arms holding her belly to protect the baby, their baby, and let some of the tension leave his body. He reached over and put his palm on her belly and concentrated on the baby's heartbeat. It was strong, healthy. His other hand came to brush her hair gently from her face and he leaned over to breathe in her scent, his scent, their baby's scent. Wolverine purred contentedly in the back of his head. She was his mate, this was his cub. It was all so simple to Wolverine. This was his family, to love and protect and kill for if need be. Logan swore to himself then that no one was ever gonna hurt his family again. If anyone tried they were gonna die as slow and painful death as he could envision for them. And Richard Stryker was at the top of that list.