Two months later, Marie had entered her sixth month of pregnancy with their son. Yep, it was a boy so Logan had to admit that she had been right when she called it. They'd even given the little guy a name already; James "Jamie" Logan Howlett II. It was Marie's idea but Logan had to admit he'd been flattered she loved him enough to name their firstborn after him. And he also had to admit that up until around the start of her fifth month that her pregnancy had been pretty stress-free for him, aside from that six weeks she'd been kidnapped that is. But as far as usual hormonal stuff and all he'd gotten off fairly easy until she hit month 5 and now entering month 6 and her last trimester, Logan was in hell.

Right this minute he was hiding, yes the Wolverine who fears no one, was hiding from his pregnant wife. The whole day had just started off bad. For one thing, he hardly ever got any sleep anymore because she was waking him at all hours during the night to get her some strange combination of food or drink that he 'had' to get right or it ended up in his face or against the wall. He didn't get sleep during the day either, because he was either teaching classes, training the junior X-Men or doing pick-ups since he was taking leave from the team missions, finishing the renovations to the cabin, building baby furniture for his unborn son, or doing things for Marie. And he didn't mind any of it. He really didn't. He loved taking care of his darlin and their baby and he accepted his responsibilities at the school too.

But this morning when he got called to do a pick-up with Storm at four am after getting two hours of sleep, then coming back and teaching classes all day and doing two DR sessions with the junior team that afternoon, and finally getting upstairs to take a nap with Marie who had just gotten through with her classes that day too, she woke him up not ten minutes later wanting him to get her some chicken lo-mein, egg rolls and beef & broccoli from Lao Ping's in town with a side of raspberry yogurt and cherry tomatoes.

Logan had looked at her and for the first time since they met the puppy eyes didn't work on him. He told her no, he'd go get it later but right now he was gonna get some sleep and if she really wanted it that bad to get it herself. He might have needed to keep that last part to himself but as tired and as bad a mood he was in right that moment he hadn't and that had set off her temper.

Now, Logan had heard about hormones and he'd experienced a few instances where she had gone way off the reservation with him the past month but she had never been as scary as she was right then. She'd pushed him off the bed and screamed at him that she was carrying his fucking child and he needed to remember that. She also said that asking him get her certain things to eat sometimes didn't seem like that big a chore to her. At least he wasn't the one who was gonna have to push a watermelon out of their pussy in a few months. By then he had stood up and she was yelling right in his face. Unfortunately with the mood he'd been in just then he'd lost his temper too and said a lot he wished he could take back now.

He'd told her that even he needed his fucking sleep and maybe if she stopped eating a five course dinner every few hours then the baby wouldn't be the size of a melon when she popped it out. That comment earned him a punch that threw him against the wall. And it made him even angrier. By the time he was finished she was crying, he felt like an asshole, and she kicked him out and told him that he could find somewhere else to spend the night.

So here he was, sitting on the edge of the loft he was renovating at their cabin by the lake he'd bought from Chuck and working on his fourteenth beer of the 24 pack of Molson's he'd picked up at the store. And that's where Scott found him.

"So here you are," Scott said taking a seat beside him. "I just lost twenty bucks to Pete. He bet you'd be here at the cabin and I bet you'd be at the nearest bar."

"Nothing I need at a bar that I can't get a liquor store," Logan told him quietly. Then he raised a speculative brow at him. "Unless you were hinting I'd be after something there other than alcohol. You weren't, were you?"

"I don't think you'd want to cheat on her but the whole mansion heard your fight and you said some pretty harsh things, Logan. Where do you think Rogue thinks you are right now?" Scott asked frankly.

"She knows I wouldn't cheat on her," Logan answered finishing his beer and getting another one. He took a swallow then set it down and rubbed his face tiredly. "I was a real bastard to her, wasn't I?"

"Yep," Scott nodded.

Logan growled and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. "I'm just so fucking tired. I've gotten maybe three or four hours of sleep in the past week and I lost my temper. I shouldn't have said all that shit. It's not true. I love her, I love the way she looks carrying my kid, and I don't really mind getting her whatever she wants to eat or whatever when the cravings hit her. I don't. I love taking care of her and our kid. I'm just tired. Now she's in there crying and I feel like an asshole and I'm still not getting any sleep. I can't even get drunk and pass out properly because of my healing factor," he chuckled harshly and groaned hanging his head in his hands.

"I can't say I know what you're going through because I don't," Scott told him. "I do know that what you and Rogue have is rare and you're about to get the most precious gift a person can in that baby boy she's carrying. I would advise you to go back and beg forgiveness."

"She told me not to come back tonight," Logan muttered bitterly. "So do I honor her wishes or ignore them and take your advice, Cyke?"

"That – I don't know," Scott admitted frowning. "Marriage is hard, huh?"

"Oh no, marriage is awesome," Logan shook his head. "I love being married to Marie. She's beautiful and sweet and loving and level-headed and keeps my temper calm and soothes the Wolverine when he's restless. That – hormone-driven crazy woman is not my sweet wife. It would have to be my kid that drives her nuts. So again, it's all my fault."

"You idiot, she loves that baby and she loves you – more than is probably healthy or sane to tell the truth," Scott laughed at him in disbelief. "You're her world, Logan. You think anyone else on the planet has the power to hurt her like you did with a few harsh comments tonight? No, they don't. If it were anyone else, she'd have just shrugged and told them to fuck off. But because it was you, she's bawling her eyes out thinking Logan doesn't love or want her anymore."

"Jesus, Cyke, nothing could be further from the truth. She and that kid are everything to me. I'd be lost without them. You'd have to put me down like a fucking dog if anything happened to them," Logan was horrified that she was thinking that. "No one is more important to me than Marie and our baby."

"Do you really mean that, Logan?" Marie's soft but hoarse from crying voice called from behind them. The men turned and looked at her. Logan stood and walked over to her. She looked so scared and uncertain that it tore his heart up.

"Baby, you gotta know I love you more than anything," Logan told her taking her hands in his. "I didn't mean what I said. I was tired and pissed off and I took it out on you."

"I'm sorry too, sugar. I've been such a bitch, bossing you around and all. I swore I wasn't gonna turn into one of those crazy pregnant women," she shook her head helplessly and choked by fresh tears. He brushed them away with one hand and wrapped his other arm around her pulling her into a hug and kissed her hair when she buried her face in his chest and fisted his shirt. "I've been so selfish, Logan. I didn't even realize you hadn't been getting any sleep or that you were worn out. I'm really sorry, honey. I'll do better I promise."

"I was out of line with what I said too," Logan admitted. "I'm sorry about that, baby. You know you've never been more beautiful and sexy to me than you are carrying my baby. And you're not too big and I don't mind getting you whatever you want to eat whenever you want it."

"No, I have two feet and two hands. I can get it myself. I'm not helpless," she shook her head and looked up at him. "Why don't we go back to our room and I'll bring us up some food and we'll stay in and I'll give you a massage for a change? And if anyone tries to wake you up before noon tomorrow I'll put them into a coma."

"God I love you," Logan growled and kissed her fiercely. Then he led her out calling back over his shoulder to Scott, "Utter a word of what you just overheard and witnessed, Scooter, and your ability to give Jeannie any kids will be non-existent."

"Gotcha," Scott nodded his understanding and smiled to himself watching the couple leave. One thing was certain. Logan and Rogue's marriage was never gonna be uneventful. He couldn't wait to see what happens once that kid is born and Logan and Rogue both get to experience sleep deprivation.