No one bothered Logan and Marie the next morning. It was Marie's growling stomach that woke Logan, who promptly went to the kitchen and brought a sizable breakfast back up for him and Marie to enjoy in bed.

While they ate, she watched him thoughtfully. He seemed all right but he was very quiet. "Sugar, what's on your mind?"

"That I could have hurt someone last night," Logan said slowly. "Not you. I'd never hurt you or the baby. But I had Jubilee by the throat and nearly killed her. I am dangerous when I'm like that and the only person on earth who is safe from me when I'm feral is you. They also need better tranquilizers. What if I'd made the jet crash?"

"Sugar, they all know that you didn't mean to hurt Jubes. Scott said she approached you even after they said to stay put. Besides, I don't think you would have killed her. Rendered her or them unconscious maybe but not killed them," Marie put a hand on his neck gently and he met her eyes.

"Yes, I would have. They said they had you and would take me to you. In that state of mind, though all I thought was they have you and they're in the way of my getting to you. No one gets in the way of my being with you, Marie. No one," Logan's voice was so quiet and intense that it sent a chill up her spine. He was deadly serious. Then he looked away and sighed deeply. "I think I should hang back from missions for a while. It's not safe for any of them to be on a mission with me when you're not there. And you'll be out for a long while yet with the baby coming."

"All right, Logan. If you think that's the best thing then that's what we'll do," Marie nodded firmly. "You know you better than anyone. If you say it's not safe right now then I believe you."

He nodded and then sighed again before giving her a kiss. "How mad do you think Cyke is about the plane?"

"He seemed fairly calm about it to me but I think maybe he blames himself for letting you go in first and alone," Marie replied. "I don't imagine you'll get much argument from him about your decision."

"No," he shook his head, "Probably not. So, how you and the kid doing today?"

"We're good," she smiled at him and he smiled back then lay down with his head on her belly to listen to the heartbeat. After a moment or two he rose up a little so he could look down at it and placed a hand where his head had been.

"Hey, kiddo, it's Daddy. Listen, I know you got to stay in there and grow and all but I'm looking forward to meeting you when you decide to come out. Mama's gonna keep you safe and warm in there till then, all right? She's a good sort, your mama. You'll love her. She takes real good care of me and I'm very high maintenance," Logan spoke softly to her belly and smiled at feeling the baby moving around inside. "She thinks you're a boy and I'm not gonna argue with her about it. But in case you are a girl, that's okay too. I don't care either way really. I just want you and Mama to be happy and healthy and safe. That's all that matters to me. I love you so much, kid. When you get out of there, I've got so much stuff to teach ya; fishing, hunting, tracking, how to work on bikes and cars, how to kick ass, then when you're older drink beer and oh, hockey. You've got to learn all about hockey; and football and baseball, too but hockey first. Just so you know, we pull for Canada's teams not those sissy New York Rangers your mama likes. No offense to her but I think the kid should follow the daddy's favorites in sports. But we'll talk about that later on. Right now, I just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm here and I love you."

He kissed her belly gently and then looked up at her. She was crying but smiling at him and he smiled back. "You are the sweetest man in the world," she whispered with so much love and affection that it made his chest hurt.

Logan came up and kissed her slowly then whispered against her mouth, "Just keep that between you and me. I got a reputation to protect."

Marie laughed and he grinned wolfishly. "Your secret's safe with me, baby."

"I know," he said with sudden seriousness. "I trust you."

"I trust you too," she rested her forehead against his and buried her fingers in his hair, "Completely."