Victor listened with silent amusement to the conversation between Jubilee and Marie while he ate the steak dinner they made him. They were standing by the breakfast bar in the kitchen while he sat at the table nearby. Jimmy had been called off to do a pick-up with the One-Eyed Wonder.

“Do you think he’ll forgive us now? He hasn’t said anything but he is eating it instead of throwing it away like he did the cookies,” Jubilee whispered to Marie.

“You know he can hear you whether you whisper or not, Jubes,” Marie reminded her. “And Logan assured me that we couldn’t go wrong with steak.”

“Right, forgot about the senses,” Jubilee nodded. “It makes me wonder why he likes to hear me scream so much, though. Doesn’t it hurt his ears, or Logan’s when you do it?”

Victor nearly choked on his steak at that question but he managed to avoid it. He heard Marie snort in amusement and then she said, “No, that’s just male pride there. I imagine non-feral men are the same way. But you know what I’m pretty good at making Logan scream too. There’s this thing I do with my teeth and tongue when I’m –,”

“Too much information there, sweetheart,” Victor cut her off abruptly and the girls jumped a little having forgotten a second that he was listening to them.

“Hey, he speaks,” Jubilee pointed out beaming. Victor glanced over at them then gestured them over to the table where they sat down. He finished his steak before he sat back and looked at them.

“I’ve given it some thought and I’m gonna forgive you for the nickname on the condition that you two are the only ones that use it and only when we’re alone. If I start hearing around the school then I’ll start killing people. And I’m a firm believer in leaving no witnesses,” he told them firmly. They nodded their agreement. Then Victor gave Jubilee an evil grin. “I even got a new nickname for you when I was having that kid show me the cartoons. You know there’s this little yellow fucker named Pikachu that reminded me of you.”

“You wouldn’t dare,” Jubilee glared at him darkly. He just grinned wider and chuckled. “We had to take the kids to see that damned Pokemon movie and they called me that for weeks after. I hate that cartoon.”

“Well, maybe I’ll only use it when you make me angry. Now then, you and I have some private making up to do,” Victor said after a moment. Then he stood up and walked over to Jubilee, picked her up and threw her over his shoulder ignoring her protests and looked at Marie. “The steak was good, darlin. Tell Jimmy not to wake me up till noon tomorrow. Me and Pikachu here are gonna be busy.”

“Okay,” Marie nodded smiling and giving a glaring Jubilee a wave while Victor carried her yellow-friend out.

When Logan got home later that night he found Marie still awake waiting up on him in bed. He gave her a tired smile and a kiss before beginning to undress. “Well, how did it go, baby?” he asked her.

“He forgave us and said not to wake him and Jubes till noon tomorrow. They’ve been ‘busy’ since around nine,” she told him nodding toward the room across the hall from theirs. “Sometimes these feral senses suck, sugar.”

“I know,” he agreed chuckling. “It’ll get easier to tune out certain things as you get more used to it. But you know the best way to tune out those kinds of sounds?”

She shook her head as he crawled over the bed to her. Logan kissed her deeply then and grinned. “Making some of our own,” he said before kissing her again. Marie couldn’t have agreed more as they made love the rest of the night.

Meanwhile in Victor’s room, he and Jubilee had just finished their fifth round of sex and lay together talking.

“Two days seemed like forever. I think I might be getting addicted to sex with you,” Jubilee told him in an amused, thoughtful tone. She was feeling pretty freaking awesome right this minute and curled up against his side while one of his hands stroked her back gently. He knew just how much pressure to use with his claws to make it feel wonderful but not scratch her skin.

“We need to talk about that,” Victor replied quietly. He felt her tense slightly and turned his head to look at her shaking his head with reassurance. “No, I’m not ending it or anything. It’s just if we’re gonna be bunking together a while, which it looks like we are, then I don’t want to be sharing you with anyone else. The first time you come to me smelling like another man, and let me tell you that no amount of showering will get rid of it for days after, then we’re done. We’ll still be friends but we won’t share a bed again. And I won’t be sleeping with other women either. There’s no one else here to tempt me anyway. I’ve noticed that Cajun sniffing around you since Rogue and Jimmy got together though and I ain’t telling you what you can or can’t do. I’m just telling you that if you want to stick with me a while, I won’t share.”

“I don’t want Gambit,” Jubilee told him. “And I’m not interested in anyone else right now either. I agree to your terms, Tigger.”

He growled at the name and she giggled then moved on top of him straddling his waist. His hands came to rest on her thighs and caressed her there while he raised an eyebrow at her actions all the while admiring the view.

“I like it up here,” Jubilee declared bracing her hands on his broad chest. He laughed and grinned at her.

“I bet you do,” Victor said feeling himself harden again beneath her. She felt it too and gave him a wicked smirk before lifting up then easing herself down onto him with a low moan of pleasure from them both. He let her set the pace this time, reminding himself that he had already fucked her hard five times tonight already and she was gonna be sore in the morning as it was not having a healing factor like him. He couldn’t complain though. She was the best bed partner he’d had in decades, maybe longer, and gave as good as she got. She didn’t even mind it when he bit her or left a bruise here or there on her. Hell, she didn’t even complain when he accidentally scratched her ass earlier when he took her from behind. Most women, even mutant ones, screamed bloody murder because of his claws and teeth. His little Firecracker now was made of sterner stuff though and he wasn’t one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Victor knew something good when he had it.

When he felt her getting close to her climax and lost her rhythm he took over and pushed them both over the edge, swallowing their cries of passion with a deep kiss. That was another thing. He liked kissing her. It usually wasn’t on his list of priorities where sex was concerned but he didn’t mind it with her. She tasted good, like pears with a hint of spice. He liked it. He didn’t mind sleeping with her either. She didn’t kick or steal the covers or snore and gave him space when he needed or let him hold her too when he felt like it. Yeah, he thought as he drifted off to join her already sleeping now beside him, he wouldn’t mind at all bunking with Jubilee for a while longer.
-
A month later things were going great for the two couples. They were currently having a barbecue in the backyard grounds of the school. Victor and Logan were debating the best way to go about grilling the steaks while the girls were nearby setting the table ready with the drinks and side dishes.

“I’m telling you, Jimmy, and I’ve been saying for over a hundred fucking years, that all you need to do is leave them on a minute on each side and they’re done,” Victor told his brother sternly.

“That might be all right for us, Vic, but I know my darlin doesn’t want her steak raw,” Logan retorted trying to remain calm. Then he raised a brow at Victor and asked, “Who’s fucking this cow anyway?”

“Fine, do it your way,” Victor threw his hands up and walked away to grab a beer and sit down pulling Jubilee into his lap with his free arm. “You burn my steak, though, and I’m taking yours.”

“I’m not putting ours on until the girls’ are about done,” Logan told him sending Marie an eye roll that she had to bite her lip not to giggle at. She walked over to him and ran one hand up and down his back and kissed his shoulder.

“You’re doing a great job, sugar,” Marie assured him. He smiled and turned to pull her into his arms giving her a deep kiss as a reward.

“Aw, they’re so cute,” Jubilee said with feigned mockery as she leaned back against Victor’s chest.

“Shove it, Firecracker,” Logan growled barely breaking his lips from Marie’s.

Victor watched his brother and brother’s mate kissing with vague amusement. He was glad Jimmy had found her and that he was happy now. He was curious about something, though, and voiced his question a moment later.

“So when are you gonna announce the cub to everybody?” he asked them then grinned when Marie stiffened in surprise in Logan’s arms.

Logan gave Victor a look then glanced down at his darlin who was looking at both brothers like a deer in the headlights. “Uh darlin, -,” he began and she held up a hand to stop him and took a deep breath then let it out.

“Logan, am I pregnant?” Marie asked him slowly. He nodded and she huffed stubbornly with a pout a moment later. “That’s not fair. I’m supposed to know first and then tell you. Damned feral senses. Why didn’t I smell it?”

“You’re too new to it to know what to look for and your own scent is harder to pick apart from others, darlin,” Logan explained. Then he smiled reassuringly and pulled her closer in his arms. “This is a good thing, baby. We’re having a kid. You knew that it was a possibility. We haven’t been using anything, said you didn’t want to even though I told you that you might get pregnant that way.”

“Sugar, I’m happy about the baby but I just – well, I wanted to know first and tell you. It’s supposed to be the other way around,” she explained and he kissed her long and tenderly until her pout went away. Then she smiled up at him, the one reserved only for him that made him feel like the most important, most beloved person in her world, and said, “I love you, Logan. You’re gonna be a daddy.”

He smiled back and nuzzled her nose with his then rested their foreheads together then whispered, “Yep, and you’re gonna be a mama, baby. There’s no one I’d rather have my kid than you, Marie. My mate.”

“Well, I say we have a toast, not Roguey though because she can’t drink anymore now that Wolvie knocked her up,”
Jubilee said raising her margarita in salute. Victor grinned and clinked her glass with his beer. “To Logan and Rogue, may they not fuck up this kid.”

“Here, here,” Victor grinned evilly at his brother and Rogue who just rolled their eyes at his and Jubilee’s antics. “It’s about time, Jimmy. You waited centuries to have a kid.”

“Do you have kids?” Jubilee asked him frowning. Victor hedged a bit then and she raised a brow. He sighed finally and nodded.

“I have a son,” he admitted. Logan frowned in confusion, as did Rogue, so Victor continued explaining, “He’s in his forties now. His name is Graydon Creed. I didn’t know about him till he was full grown and hated me, along with all other mutants because he isn’t one and his mother gave him up for adoption because of it. She never told me about him until he became a problem for us all.”

“Who is his mother?” Rogue asked.

“I believe you call her the Porn Smurf,” Victor stated dryly and Jubilee spit out her drink in shock. After she recovered herself she turned a wide-eyed stare to him.

“You had sex with Mystique?” she asked appalled.

“It was the sixties and she wasn’t as bad as she is now back then. Still, it’s not something I like to think about or remember,” Victor told her. “It was a very short fling because we got stuck together on a job. I was bored and horny and she was there.”

“Do you have any other children?” she asked him next.

“Not that I know of,” he shook his head. Then he pulled her close to him and pressed a kiss to her temple. “It bother you?”

“Not that you have a son so much as who you had him with,” she muttered resting her head on his shoulder.
“What’d you mean about him being a problem for us all?”

“He’s the founder of the Friends of Humanity,” he admitted. “It was him and Trask that set those Sentinels on me when I interrupted a meeting between them. And yeah, Chuck already knows about it.”

“He’s caused a lot of trouble for us all for certain,” Marie agreed frowning. “Does he know Logan’s your brother?”

“I don’t know but I wouldn’t leave out the possibility,” Victor told them. “Shaw’s working with him and Trask and he knows Jimmy and me from way back. It’s likely he’s told them.”

“That must be what Scott’s been working on with Kitty lately,” Jubilee mused. “Kitty told me that they just finished decoding a bunch of files from Trask and Shaw’s companies. She didn’t mention the FOH though.”

“How soon will we be ready to move on them do you think?” Marie asked Victor. He gave her an odd look tilting his head to the side. “What?”

“Sweetheart, I doubt Jimmy’s gonna let you go on missions anymore while you’re carrying the cub,” Victor said carefully.

Logan nodded and finished turning the steaks then looked at Marie. “He’s right, darlin. I won’t risk anything happening to you and our baby. I know you don’t want that either,” he said firmly.

“These new Sentinels are more dangerous, Rogue. They have some that are being engineered specifically for certain mutants; mutants like me, you and Jimmy and some others,” Victor told her diplomatically seeing her about to argue with his brother. “There’s a reason those impaired my healing factor like it did. It wasn’t an accident. They’re finding ways around our mutations, even healing factors and invulnerabilities. So for that cub’s sake and Jimmy’s, you’re gonna sit out the missions until after it’s born. We already had a talk once about how much you mean to my brother. I know I don’t need to repeat that to you.”

Marie gave him a long look then nodded. “You’re right. It goes against my nature to sit by and do nothing but I don’t want to risk anything happening to the baby,” she said then turned to Logan and wound her arms around his neck and kissed him. “You better come back every time safe and sound to me, though or hell will have no fury compared to mine if something happens to you.”

“You and I are gonna be together a very, very long time, darlin,” Logan kissed her back. “I promise.”

“You don’t have to worry about Jimmy,” Victor told her confidently. “I won’t allow anything to happen to him.”

Logan glanced over at his brother and it amazed him that he believed Victor. It was odd having a brother, let alone an older brother, and now starting a family with Marie too when he had been alone on his own for so many years. Suddenly he had everything he had been looking for the past fifteen years. It was terrifying to be so happy because it made him fear that he could lose it, especially with so many enemies working together lately against mutants. As new as it was for him to have a brother, Logan was relieved that Victor was gonna be here helping him look out for Marie and the baby they had on the way, not to mention everyone else.
-
The two couples were unaware of another watching them from a second floor window of the school. Jean Grey fumed in anger and injured pride. Since that mangy cat had come to this school she had lost Scott and suddenly Logan wanted nothing to do with her either. He was so wrapped around Rogue it was pathetic. Scott had moved on, too, dating Storm now. It was enough to make her sick watching all of them. That voice in her head that was always whispering tempting dark things had gotten more powerful the past few years and now it was screaming at her to get rid of her competition. She didn’t want Scott back. He was too tame, too predictable and good. No, now she wanted Logan; the Wolverine. To have him she needed to get rid of Rogue, and maybe Jubilee and the furball Sabretooth too while she was at it because they would only encourage Logan to hold on to hope that he could get the little bitch back. The timing would have to be perfect. She would need the best to help her achieve her goal and she knew just who she would call that might hate them as much as she did.