Logan prowled the halls looking for his brother the next morning. Victor hadn't been in his room when he went to wake him and he had missed him at breakfast too. If Logan didn't know any better he would think Vic was avoiding him. Jubilee on the other hand had given Logan an almost defiant look this morning when she showed up for the junior team's DR session. He had noted she was moving a big more sluggishly than usual, though. He had even asked her if Victor had been out of line at all or too rough with her. Apparently he crossed some of sort of line there because the next thing he knew she'd shot her pafs at him and lit his suit on fire then stormed out cursing him and all his descendants in a vulgar mix of English and Mandarin.

When he did finally find Victor, his brother was entertaining Marie's history class with a vivid recount of the three-day Battle of Gettysburg. Logan slipped in quietly at the back and listened in, still amazed with the knowledge that he'd been there too fighting alongside his brother in every major war since the mid 1800's. Marie sat off to the side and Victor was doing a surprisingly good job, even managed to keep the cursing to a minimum. The kids were enthralled and hung on every word. Both his mate and brother knew the moment he had entered the room and while Victor gave him a brief nod of acknowledgement, Marie gave him a smile and a wink that he returned as he leaned against the back wall to watch. When Victor finished, the kids clapped for him, and Marie got up and walked over.

"That was very educational, wasn't it, class? Let's thank Mr. Creed for coming in and sharing," she told them giving Victor a proud smile that Logan had to stifle a jealous growl over.

He knew he was being ridiculous but his mate smiling at any other man, even his brother; hell especially his brother; brought out his possessive nature something fierce. Logan walked over to them as the class let out and wrapped his arms around Marie's waist kissing her neck.

"Hey sugar, I heard you got set on fire this morning," Marie teased with a mischievous glint in her eyes. He huffed and released her making her laugh. "Honestly Logan, you know better than to confront Jubes about her sex life. Did you really point out that she was 'walking kinda funny' and asked her if 'didn't she think the ride she had last night was just a bit too rough for her'?"

"You didn't," Victor chuckled darkly shaking his head at Logan who had the decency to look a bit sheepish before he glared at pointed a warning finger at his brother.

"She was dragging ass today because of you. I can't tell you two not to sleep together but if you hurt her or impair her ability to do her job on then it becomes my problem. You don't do anything to that girl that she don't consent to, Victor. I mean it," Logan told him sternly.

"Jimmy, you're my little brother and I'm real fond of you but if you want to keep that finger you'll get it out of my face," Victor ground out slowly, his good mood gone. "She came on to me. If anything she's the one who got too rough with me. You just can't see my marks because they healed. Hell, I didn't even scratch her with my claws. I don't see how it's any of your business anyway. She's not yours, Rogue is. Now, if you'll excuse me I have to meet with Xavier. That is, if you don't mind, Jimmy?"

Logan shook his head and sighed as Victor walked past him and out the door. Looking over at Marie he saw her giving him a disapproving frown. "Darlin, I didn't -," he began but she shook her head.

"He's trying, Logan. You can't be constantly expecting him to screw up. He's gonna get enough of that from Scott and Bobby, believe me. You're his brother. I know it's hard to go from being enemies to family for you but it's not to him. He's always known who you are to him and while he's loved fighting with you, sugar, you gotta admit he's never tried to outright kill you or anyone you care about. Jubilee is a grown up and while I don't understand the whole casual sex thing she likes to indulge in, it's none of our business who she takes to her bed. At least we know she can't catch anything from Victor," Marie told him frankly. Then she closed the distance between them and took his face in her hands. "I love you, sugar and I know you're not used to trusting people. But I am asking you to try. He might let you down. I'm not gonna lie to you and promise things I can't deliver. But then again, he might not let you down. But if you're gonna give him a chance then you have to do it whole-heartedly, not always looking over your shoulder to check for the metaphorical knife to your back. Do you see what I'm saying here, baby?"

He nodded, kissed her then wrapped his arms around her and buried his face in her neck taking a deep inhale of her soothing scent. "Have I told you yet today how lucky I am to have you, darlin?" he whispered to her. She shook her head. He leaned back and nuzzled her jaw then her nose and kissed her again before looking into her eyes. "I love you so much, baby."

"I love you too, sugar. Now, I have another class to teach and you have teenagers to torture in P.E.," she told him as she gave him another kiss, a smack on the most delicious male backside ever made, and a shove toward the door. He gave her the eyebrow and a smirk filled with wicked promise in return as he strode out.


Victor took a seat in Charles's office and gave the telepath a hard stare. He could feel him trying to probe his mind and he didn't appreciate it.

"That won't work unless I let you in, Chucky," he said with a sigh, "Pissed Frosty off something fierce when she was working with the Brotherhood."

"You know Emma Frost?" Charles asked surprised.

"I know a lot of people," he shrugged. "I've been around a long, long time. I've been a bad guy, a good guy, even an in-between 'not really sure which side I'm on' guy. So has Jimmy but he doesn't remember it. I kinda envy him that. There's a lot I'd like to forget. Did you wanna know something specific or were just gonna try and rape my brain to get what you need?"

"No one's ever put that way before I suppose it is a violation if I don't ask first," Charles said carefully. Victor just shrugged. "I need to know about the Brotherhood and about Trask and the Sentinels, everything that you know."

"Well, I already looked over your information about the Brotherhood with the Kitten that walks through shit. You already know everything important. As for Trask and the Sentinels, you're looking in the wrong place thinking Erik has anything to do with it. He had me following Trask and also the head of the Friends of Humanity. They're in league together."

"Who is head of the FOH?" the Professor frowned. "We hadn't been able to find that out yet."

"My son Graydon Creed," Victor told him with a frustrated growl. "He hates me and I don't know him personally as his mother never told me about him till he was grown and a mutant-hater. She gave him up for adoption when he was little when she found out he wasn't a mutant. His mother is Raven Darkholme. You know her as Mystique. Don't ask; it's one of those things I'd rather forget. I still haven't figured out why he took my name. It didn't stop him from setting those Sentinels on my tail when I interrupted a meeting between him and Trask. They've been programming them to hunt down the strongest mutants first, adapting their materials to target specific ones and arming them with the capability to render those targets' mutations worthless against them. Guess who's at the top of their target list?"

"I imagine you, Wolverine and Rogue would be among the top ones," Charles stated with dread. Victor nodded.

"And you, Erik, Frosty, the Weather Witch, your redhead doctor and the Summers boys too," he told him. "I know Cyclops is here but his brothers Havok and Vulcan are on the list too. Shaw would have been but he's brokered a deal with Trask to manufacture the suppression collars and bracelets for when they capture the less powerful mutants. If anyone was ever out for number one it's Sebastian Shaw. I hate that fucker. Jimmy and I had to work with him once when we were part of the Hellfire Club back in the fifties. We lasted three months before he and Jimmy threw down and destroyed this five star resort in Madripoor. It was sort of funny to tell the truth."

"You're being very cooperative," the Professor said after a moment. Victor smirked then.

"I know you and the One-Eyed Wonder think I'm up to something nefarious here but I'm not. I came across Rogue by accident. I was looking for my brother for help with my injuries or to go ahead and put me down. As bad off as I was it wouldn't have mattered either way to me just then. But I got lucky and she decided to help me, I got better and a chance to spend some time with Jimmy again. I gave my word to the two of them that I'd give this place a try. I keep my word when I give it. That's all the explanation you're gonna get, son," Victor told him seriously.

"It's been a long time since anyone's called me 'son'," Charles smiled wryly. "I suppose you and Logan have that prerogative given your actual ages, though. Thank you for your candor and the information. It's more than we knew a few weeks ago."

"Yeah, it's been fun," Victor said as he rose. "I gotta go now. I gotta date with Sparky and the whirlpool in the spa."

"Ah yes, about that," Charles began hesitantly. Victor raised a brow expectantly and the Professor sighed, "Jubilee is very young, Victor."

"I already got the 'talk' from Jimmy. I didn't appreciate it then and I still don't. You know, back when we were growing up women like Rogue and Sparky would have been married and had two or three kids running around by now. You coddle them too long and treat them like children who can't make up their own minds. What kind of people do you think you're gonna send out into society raising kids like that? As for Jubilee, well I can assure you that the woman knows what she's doing. She's not after a relationship any more than I am. That's the last time I'm explaining myself to you or anyone else about that, Chuck," Victor stated then he walked out without another word.


Scott entered the Professor's office after Victor left. He took a seat and looked at his mentor and father figure frowning out the windows to the grounds where Logan was teaching (torturing) the ninth graders in P.E.

"Well?" Scott asked after a few moments of silence.

"He seems sincere," Charles sighed. "He says the FOH and Sebastian Shaw are in league with Trask for the Sentinel program. It's going to be hard to beat them, Scott. We'll need Creed, Wolverine and Rogue to do it so, don't drive them off. I know you don't like Logan and you certainly haven't been shy about your feelings toward Creed being here but you have to put your personal issues aside for now."

"He and Logan ignore nearly every order I give, sir," Scott argued. "Do you really think Logan and Rogue would leave us if he did? We've been their friends for five years."

"Hank explained to me the other day that Victor, Logan and Rogue are part of a pack now. Victor and Logan always have been pack because they're brothers. Rogue is Logan's mate and that makes her part of their pack now too. They will put the three of them first in any given situation and everyone else is going to become a distant second on their list of priorities," Charles told him.

"So, as long as the three of them are okay then, to hell with the rest of us?" Scott asked with a harsh laugh.

"I'm certain Logan and Rogue would do what they could for the rest of us but they'll put each other first. Victor however won't care about us. His only concern will be his brother and his brother's mate," the Professor told him.

"Terrific," Scott nodded. Charles looked at him a moment then frowned.

"Is everything all right with you, Scott? I know you and Jean broke up recently. Would you like to talk about it?" he asked.

"She wanted Logan. All this time, she was thinking that she was the one he wanted and she enjoyed stringing him along. She made a fool of me, Professor. Hell, she made a fool of herself because Logan didn't want her. He wanted Rogue. It's always been Rogue. Even I knew that he was just flirting with Jean to piss me off. It was like a game he liked to play but it didn't mean anything," Scott explained frustrated. "I loved her. I wanted to marry her, have a family with her. Now I feel like I never really knew her at all."

"Are you certain there's no way to resolve the problems? Sometimes couples can become too complacent and comfortable with each other, 'in a rut' I believe it's called. I know you and Jean loved each other a great deal at one time," Charles asked. Scott shook his head. "Well, is there anything I could do to make it easier on the two of you?"

"I'm fine," Scott told him with a dismissive wave. "I've got my classes and the team to keep me busy and my mind off it. I'm more concerned she might try something to ruin things for Logan and Rogue. She won't succeed. I know that because of the whole mate thing with the two of them. But that doesn't mean she can't make things difficult for them. Maybe it's her you should be warning not to drive them off. She makes a play for Logan and Rogue will kill her."

"I will speak to Jean," Charles nodded his agreement. "She's been distant with me lately but you're right, I should talk to her about the situation."

"When do you think Magneto's going to realize that Sabretooth's not on his payroll anymore?" Scott asked after a moment.

Charles smiled at that. "I expect to hear from Erik any day now. He won't be pleased. Even if we hadn't realized what a valuable asset he had in his organization, I assure you he did."

"What do you mean?" the younger man frowned.

"Victor Creed, like Logan, has been alive since the mid 1800's, Scott. He has seen and done more than you or I could imagine. To have that kind of knowledge and experience at our disposal as well as his mutation abilities is a stroke of luck. Logan has all of that too and it shows but it's not as detailed and accessible as Victor's because he lost the majority of his memories," Charles explained. "Erik wouldn't have hired an imbecile. What we've seen of Victor, his Sabretooth side as it were, is exactly what he wanted us to see and nothing more. It's what you can't see, what you don't know, that's dangerous, Scott. I've noticed you have trouble seeing past the more animalistic side of Logan and Victor. You should endeavor to overcome that tendency. Hank did a mental diagnostic test on both the brothers last week. They are highly intelligent and master strategists. If anything their feral abilities as predators make them more formidable than handicap them. There is a reason they're both so sought after by our enemies."

Scott nodded. Somehow learning that Logan and Creed were even more dangerous than they'd thought didn't make him feel any better about them being on the team. They were both loose cannons and had zero respect for his authority as team leader. The fact that if it came to it they'd save Rogue but leave the rest of them to die didn't endear them to him either. Letting Logan train the junior team had caused a loyalty shift amongst them as well. They revered Logan like the master of their universe whose word was law even though he grilled them and often made them cry with his harsh criticism. He hadn't figured out yet how Logan could treat them like that and they still followed the guy. And now with Creed here, there were two of them.


Logan was on his way up to shower after classes when he ran into Victor and Jubilee in wet bathing suits making out outside Victor's room. Taking Marie's advice from earlier he just gave them a nod and continued on into his and Marie's room. It was still an odd situation for him, though and he couldn't figure out why except that Jubilee was kinda like a kid sister to him. Marie had always been his mate and he'd never really thought of her like a kid despite the nickname but then she'd made buddies with the Firecracker and he'd sort of looked out for her like a brother would since then. Now she was screwing his brother and the whole thing was just weird. But he'd get used to it, as long as it lasted anyway.

Hearing the shower on he grinned and slipped inside where Marie was already soaping up. Logan stripped down and got in with her, sliding his arms around her and moving her hair to the side and kissing her neck. "You know, baby, it's almost cruel how sexy you are," he growled making his chest rumble against her back.

Marie shivered involuntarily and leaned back into him with a whimper. "Likewise, sugar," she whispered looking back over her shoulder and meeting his eyes. "You should be against the law."

"There are a few countries I've been banned from," he chuckled and kissed her deeply tasting her honeysuckle and raspberry flavor. He loved the way she tasted, how 'all' of her tasted, in fact. He slid a hand down her body and between her thighs, sliding a finger along her folds to check her wetness. Christ, she was already dripping for him and so hot. She leaned back into him further and ran her hand along his arm to wear his hand was and laced her fingers with his then brought his hand to her mouth and sucked each of his fingers clean of her own juices never taking her eyes off his.

Logan's eyes turned bright gold then darkened to almost black as his pupils dilated. Then he let out a deep rumbling growl before he turned her to face the wall and braced her hands there with an unspoken demand for her to keep them there and slid a thigh between her legs to spread them open for him. Taking his cock in hand, he slid it along her folds with deliberate, tantalizing slowness until she was nearly trembling with anticipation and whimpering for him. Then he took her hips roughly and thrust all the way to the hilt inside her making them both shout with pleasure. Then he was fucking her hard and fast. They hadn't done this yet. So far he'd been fairly gentle and let her take the lead on how rough she wanted it but the animal was out at the moment.

Marie began meeting his thrusts with a roll of her hips and lifted her hands off the wall to grab his hair and neck roughly as her own feral nature began to surface. The Rogue really liked it when the Wolverine let loose with her. He was pounding into her now and she shouted encouragements at him, urging him on harder and faster. When he sunk his teeth into her neck where he'd made his invisible mark before she screamed out her climax and he followed with a roar popping his claws into the shower wall and destroying the tile and a foot of plaster behind it.

When they calmed down and realized what he'd done to the shower, Logan just laughed and said he'd fix it later before he picked her up and carried her to the bed for another round. Unfortunately it was during the end of their second go that they got a knock on their door.

"Fuck off! We're busy!" Logan barked as he paused a second in his rhythm to address whoever had the gall to interrupt his 'sex-with-Marie' time.

"We've got a mission," Scott shouted back. "Whatever you're doing can wait! Let's go, both of you!"

Scott walked off then to knock on Victor's door. He was surprised when Victor opened the door already dressed. "We've got a mission," he told him.

"I know," Victor said nodding to Jubilee coming out of the bathroom in one of his shirts. "Chuck sent her the mind alert a few minutes ago."

"Oh," Scott frowned seeing Jubilee with Victor. Apparently the Fearless Leader hadn't gotten that memo yet. "Well, be at the War Room in five minutes. Try and get your brother and Rogue out of their room. They're 'busy' they said."

"Uh-huh," Victor waved it off. A moment later they heard another yell from Rogue followed by Logan shouting her name and then silence. Victor smirked at a thoroughly scandalized Scott. "I think they're done, kiddo."

Scott glowered at the older man then stalked away. Jubilee came to lean against Victor's side, his arm coming around her shoulders naturally. "Poor Scott, he's gotta get his proctologist to remove that stick from his ass on his next visit," she shook her head feigning sadness. He chuckled and gave her a smack on the ass before ushering her down the hall toward the elevators.

"Go get dressed, Sparky," he told her. "I gotta go pry my brother away from Rogue."

"Good luck with that, Tigger," Jubilee gave him a mock salute then walked away.


Ten minutes later, Logan and Marie walked into the War Room where everyone else was already waiting. Victor had banged on their door once, told them to get their asses in gear then joined the team downstairs.

"Rogue, Logan, so nice of you to join us," Scott said glaring at them.

"Shove it, One-Eye," Logan said taking a seat and then settling Marie in his lap. "What've we got?"

"Bucket-head and the Porn Smurf are at it again," Jubilee informed the couple with a pop of her gum. Victor looked over at her curiously.

"Who?" he asked.

"Oh, that's Magneto and Mystique's nicknames," she said not seeing Marie's sudden warning look across the table.

"So Magneto is Bucket-head, that I get but why is Mystique the Porn Smurf? Well, the porn part makes sense. But what's a Smurf?" Victor wanted to know.

"A Smurf is a cartoon character," Kitty informed him helpfully. "They're blue."

"A cartoon," Victor said slowly. Jubilee had finally caught on to Marie's warning and the reason for it and was inching away from him when he took hold of her arm and leveled her with a steely look shaking his head. "What's a Tigger, Jubilee? Did you name me after a fucking cartoon?"

"Now, dude, I just want to say that we meant it in the best way possible and to try and remember that you really like me," Jubilee told him as she pried her arm loose and took off going across the table to hide behind Logan and Marie as Victor stood up angrily.

Logan was trying his best not to laugh because it was funny but the murder in his brother's eyes made it a little more serious than it should be. "Vic, it's just a nickname. Calm down. They call me Wolvie for fuck's sake," he said in a placating tone.

"Tigger is a cartoon tiger in the Winnie the Pooh books. Everybody loves Tigger," Kitty told Victor again trying to be helpful. He snarled at her and she eeped then inched her chair closer to Pete beside her. "It was Jubilee and Rogue's idea."

Victor turned back to Jubilee and now Marie had joined his target list as well. She read what he was about to do about a second before he came across the table at them and managed to jump out of Logan's lap and drag Jubilee behind her as Victor proceeded to chase them around the room.

"Victor, don't you dare harm a hair on my mate's head," Logan warned seriously chasing after his brother.

"She named me after a fucking cartoon tiger, Jimmy!" Victor argued swiping a chair thrown in his way aside as the girls went over the table again to avoid his wrath.

"It was a joke!" Marie shouted back at him. She couldn't believe they were running from him around the War Room or that he was this mad.

"Yeah dude, a joke!" Jubilee yelled as they went over the table again. "Besides, don't you know that "the wonderful thing about tiggers is tiggers are wonderful things"?"

That made Marie burst into giggles and Jubilee with her as their step faltered. Victor almost had them then but Logan managed to tackle him at the last moment and held him down.

"Stay down!" Logan snapped at his brother. Then he glared at the giggling girls. "I told you two it was a bad idea."

"Oh come on, Logan, it's like a term of endearment now," Marie argued. "We really didn't mean anything by it, Victor. You're our Tigger now anyway. If it helps we call Toad 'Kermit the Frog'."

"It doesn't," Victor muttered then shook Logan off him and stood, went back to his chair and sat down sullenly, apparently intent on ignoring them now.

"Well, now that the melodrama's over, do you think I could get on with the briefing for the mission?" Scott asked them all. Logan, Marie and Jubilee nodded and went back to their seats.


The mission had gone well despite the tension among Logan, Victor, Jubilee and Marie. Victor was still giving the girls the silent treatment two days later when Logan found him in the rec room watching hockey.

"You gonna talk to them again anytime soon?" he asked his brother.

"Nope," Victor shook his head.

"You're being stubborn," Logan scoffed and took a swallow of his beer.

"Have you seen this Tigger character?" Victor asked him. He nodded his head. "Well, I have, too. I found one of the younger kids and made him find me that cartoon Winnie the Pooh. It's not just a cartoon tiger. It's a stuffed animal tiger cartoon that bounces and sings and annoys the hell out of everyone else in the forest. I also had him find me the Smurf cartoon. That I admit was kinda funny. She is that shade of blue and that annoying too."

"Vic, they might have meant it in a bad way when you were the enemy but you're not now and you're hurting their feelings. Marie came close to tears yesterday when you threw those cookies she made as a peace offering away in the trash can then walked away from her. Now see, that upsets me," Logan explained his voice growing tight with anger. "And Jubilee hasn't been her usual cheerful self talking ninety to nothing and pranking the household. They've tried to apologize and even promised not to call you that anymore. What more do you want from them? Personally I think Tigger is a better nickname than the one Drake wanted to call you."

"Which one is Drake?" Victor asked.

"Ice Dick," he explained and Victor nodded. "He wanted to call you Tabby Cat. Oh, and then was Pyro's idea before he turned traitor. He wanted to call you Kitten-Caboodle."

"I never liked that little shit," Victor grumbled. Then after he thought about it a moment he sighed with resignation. "They really call you Wolvie?"

"Only Jubilee and my darlin are brave enough to get away with it but yeah, they do. I've gotten used to it," Logan admitted with a shrug. "And Wolvie and Tigger are never gonna be as bad or pansy-assed as the nicknames we've got for Scott Summers. The list is endless and ever-growing."

"That's true," Victor agreed taking a swallow of his own beer. "Well, hell I guess I can live with it but only from those two. I'll sink my claws into anyone else does it."

"I'll pass along the warning," Logan told him. "You might wanna go let the girls know you're not angry with them anymore, though."

"Nah, not yet," Victor shook his head and leaned back propping his feet up on the coffee table. "They're cooking me a steak dinner tonight as a last ditch effort. I'll forgive 'em after."

Logan laughed and shook his head giving his brother a grin that Victor returned. "You're evil."

"Yeah, kinda," Victor agreed. He hoped Rogue remembered to make his steak raw. And he might even give Jubilee a special kind of forgiving later on tonight.