Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I own nothing.
Marie was exploring the woods a bit deeper today on Xavier's grounds. She had no idea that the old man had so much land but apparently he did. Logan had taken her through the woods lots of times with him, they'd even camped out under the stars a few times. She treasured those moments with him. He was never more open and relaxed than when they were alone. They would talk for hours about nothing and everything. It meant a lot that he could talk to her about things she knew he didn't share with anyone else.

Today, she just needed to get out of the house. She needed some fresh air and space and quiet solitude that the woods gave her. But a cry of pain nearby shattered that quiet just then and her attention was drawn to a large cave nearby. She approached it warily. It might be a bear, after all, or a wolf however unlikely. Then she heard the painful cry again mixed with a growl that sounded somewhat familiar. Whatever it was, it wasn't an animal. It was a person. She went into the cave and froze at what she saw lying there on the moss and dirt floor.

Sabretooth. He had lost a lot of blood, had been torn to shreds and was in a feverish state. She didn't know how he was even alive in this state. His eyes focused on her, recognition lighting them, and to her utter astonishment he let out a little laugh.

"I know you. You're Jimmy's girl," Victor said. "Guess I made it closer to Xavier's than I thought. Go and get Wolverine, girl."

"My name's Rogue, you mangy cat not girl," she retorted with a sneer and folded her arms over her chest. "And Logan's not here. He's still looking for his past up in Canada. He'd just kill you anyway. He practices doing just that in the Danger Room all the time."

"Then you can help me since Jimmy's run off," he said.

"Why do you keep calling him Jimmy?" she asked raising a brow.

"Because that's his name, James Logan Howlett. He's been Jimmy to me since he was born and that's what I'll always call him. He prefers Logan, though," Victor managed before coughing up some more blood.

Marie absorbed this information as she got out her canteen and offered Victor some water. He took it gratefully. "How do you know him?"

"He's my little brother," he answered. Her eyes went wide and he chuckled again. "My younger half-brother. We share a father. His mother had an affair with our father and that's how Jimmy came about. I know everything there is to know about him. He really doesn't remember anything huh?"

"No, not before Stryker put the metal in him and that's just images he gets in his nightmares. That was just fifteen years ago," she told him honestly.

Victor heard the sadness in her voice and studied her intensely. "You really love him, don't you? I knew he loved you because Jimmy's not gonna risk his life for just anybody but you love him too, don't you, sweetheart?"

"I love Logan more than anything," she stated firmly, "Which is why I'm not going to let you use his past to torture him."

"I won't. I love Jimmy, he's my brother. We stuck by each other a real long time, honey. Even when we're fighting I still love him. Hell, I'll even say that I like fighting with him. He's really the only one who can challenge me equally. I'm here for help, sweetie. My healing is working overtime and very, very slow. I need help and that ain't easy for me to ask for," he told her. She looked him over again, nodding slowly and then stood up.

"I need to go back and get supplies. I'll build a fire for you first and make a bed for you to lie on. I'm not telling Logan about this until I know you're legit, Tigger," she pointed a warning finger at him and he nodded. Though, he wondered what exactly a Tigger was.

Victor watched as she made a small fire and a makeshift fern bed. He could see Jimmy's training in the efficiency with which she completed the tasks. She was his brother's world, he'd stake his life on it. She was young, beautiful, intelligent and strong. There was steel in her, strength and determination that hadn't been in the one she resembled so strongly, the one whose photograph he still carried in his wallet. That woman had been Jimmy's world too, once upon a time.

When Marie finished she helped Victor onto the bed and covered him with her large down jacket and set her backpack beside him. "It has another canteen, some power bars and beef jerky in it. A couple of books too if you get the urge to read," she told him as she moved to leave. "I'll see ya in a bit, Tigger. Don't go anywhere."

He scowled but said nothing as he lay there. He was definitely going to find out what a Tigger was.

~

Marie walked out of the woods onto to the lawn and moved quickly and quietly to the infirmary, she took the supplies she thought might be necessary and dreading the moment she'd have to use them, she also went by Peter's room and took some clothes. His were the only size she thought would fit Victor, then went to the kitchen store room and got her camp cooking gear and some food. All the supplies filled three bags, two duffels and a backpack. She checked the outside for signs of anyone nearby before hauling her load back into the woods and made her way back to Victor.

He was surprised by how fast she made it back, especially considering the amount of supplies she'd brought with her.

"Well, I'm beginning to see why Jimmy values you so much," Victor said. "You're certainly dependable and efficient."

"Yeah, that's me, Miss Dependable and Efficient," she rolled her eyes and started setting everything she brought. The camp cooking gear was first. She put the grate over the fire then started boiling some water.

Then she put on some beef stew and biscuits for his supper. When the water had boiled she set it aside to cool a little. Then she set out the medical supplies on a sterile blanket beside Victor, her eyes flickering to his ever so often showing just how much she was dreading what was coming. She pulled her jacket off him and then cut the rest of his clothes off, what was left of them, as gently as she could.

"What did this to you?" she whispered. He could see her flinch apologetically every time he did as she removed his clothes and knew that hurting him, even being an enemy, wasn't easy for her. She was so tender-hearted, just like Anna had been.

"Sentinels," he managed to get out. "I ran into a couple by accident about a week ago."

"A week? You've been like this for a week?" she was shocked.

"I told you, the healing is working just very slowly," he said.

Marie nodded then sighed. "I have to clean these gashes before I can stitch you up or they'll get more infected than they already are. It's going to hurt, a lot."

"I won't kill you, honey. Jimmy'd never forgive me. I can take the pain. Just do what you have to," he answered.

She nodded again then took a sterile cloth and put it in the now just hot water. It took a while to bathe all the blood and dirt off him but she managed it. He found the blush that crept over her cheeks when she reached his genitals amusing but she shook it off with a professionalism that would have made Jimmy proud. Then came the painful part. She used witch hazel to clean the gashes and tears all over him and it burned like all hell. He managed it, nearly passing out a few times, and also managed not to go feral and kill her for doing it to him. Somehow he figured the animal in him saw her as part of the pack, his and Jimmy's, and knew she was only helping him.

"Okay, that's done. Now with the stitching," she breathed a sigh of relief. "I've had to do this to Logan a few times and I like to embroider and sew in my spare time so you're in luck. It's still gonna hurt, though."

"I can take it," Victor assured her.

It took hours and by the time she had sewn him up, applied the antibiotic coating, bandages and given him a shot of penicillin, it was pitch dark outside. And she was exhausted, covered in blood and medical smells and really wanted a shower and bed. She gave him supper then cleaned up while he ate. Then she dressed him in a pair of Peter's sweatpants and inflated the air mattress she'd brought and put the blankets on it and tucked him in.

"I'll be back in the morning with breakfast and to check on you," she told him. He nodded sleepily. Then she turned to leave and he caught her arm. She looked back at him and he smiled.

"Thanks, sweetheart. Jimmy's lucky to have you," he said then he let her go and his eyes drifted closed.

"You're welcome," she murmured. She prayed on her way back that Logan wouldn't kill her for helping him. After all, he was an enemy and Logan hated him.

~

She had just gotten a shower and disposed of her ruined clothing then slipped into her white silk kimono with cherry blossoms on the back that Logan had brought her from Japan when someone started knocking on her door impatiently. She opened it and found Remy standing there looking livid.

"Where the hell have you been?" he bellowed. "I looked for you for hours! Everyone's been looking for you!"

"I went deeper into the woods than usual and I came up on this big injured cat. I had to help it, Remy. I'm sorry that I'm so late and that I worried everyone," she said hurriedly. It wasn't exactly a lie. He was big and catlike. Remy visibly relaxed and sighed, raking his fingers through his hair then pulling her into his arms for a tight hug.

"Chere, don't scare me like that. I didn't know if you were hurt or kidnapped or what," Remy said hoarsely. She nodded and stepped back pulling away from him.

"I'll try not to," she told him. He nodded then turned to look as Scott, Jean and Storm burst in.

"There you are," Scott exclaimed oblivious to the moment he'd just ruined.

"Rogue, you really shouldn't wander off like that again," Jean told her disapprovingly.

"Just hold on, all of you," Marie stated loudly. "I'm not a child. Yes, I was gone a bit longer than I had planned to be but I don't need or want anyone keeping tabs on me. If I want to go off for days at a time I will and there's not a damn thing any of you can say about it. I'm twenty-two now. Why do I have to keep reminding everyone that? The only person I answer to is Logan and I do that because I want to. And last I checked, he wasn't here. Now, thank you all for your concern but it's been a long day and I'm tired so would you please get out?"

Jean turned a sad, hurt look to Remy and Scott. "I guess we're just having a hard time seeing you grown up, Rogue. Can you blame us for caring?"

"Cut the bullshit, Jean. Get out of my room," Marie stated coldly. She saw Jean's eyes flash to hers with anger then went back to the act she was playing for the men. She walked dejectedly out of the room and Marie barely suppressed a laugh at the ridiculousness of it. Scott followed his wife looking a bit confused then Storm shrugged indifferently and left as well. Remy hesitated but nodded to her briefly and walked out closing the door behind him quietly.

Her phone rang an hour later and she answered it with a smile. "Hey sugar, how's the weather up there?"

Logan grinned into the phone and replied, "Freezing but I'm used to it. How are you doing, baby? The geeks treating you okay?"

"We had a brief argument this evening but yeah, everything's fine," she told him honestly.

"What was it about?" he asked in concern.

"I was in the woods all day and didn't tell anyone where I was. Honestly, Logan, I'm twenty-two, I have your healing, bone claws, poisonous skin and you trained me. I don't know why they all think they can treat me like a child," Marie said her anger coming back.

He sighed heavily and nodded. "I don't know the answer to that, darlin."

"And I think Remy might be getting the wrong idea about my friendship with him," she added after a moment.

"What do you mean?" Logan asked slowly.

"He said it scared him and he hugged me. He was real emotional about it. I know I haven't led him on or anything but I think maybe I should stop hanging out with him so much. I don't want him getting the idea that I'm available," she explained.

"Aren't you?" he asked in confusion. He hadn't heard anything about her having a boyfriend but he had been gone a few months.

Marie froze, her heart shattering at those words. Apparently the Logan/Wolverine in her head wasn't at all in sync with the real life one. Drawing in a shaky breath she replied, "Since you're the one asking then I guess I am."

"What's that supposed to mean, Marie?" Logan demanded anger replacing his confusion.

"That maybe I should have listened to Jean when she told me you don't love me instead of the Logan I have in my head that assured me she was dead wrong and that you felt the same way for me as I do for you. Stupid me thought you were a bit more trustworthy than a skinny red-head doctor bitch. Well, don't worry, Logan. I get it now. I'll leave you all alone. In fact when you get back here I will endeavor to stay out of your sight if for no other reason than I won't have to watch you flirting or God forbid fucking Jean. Maybe you should start making your late night calls to her instead of me, Logan. Cause I'm done with you," Marie was sobbing by the time she finished and hung up the phone before he could reply.

Logan stared at the phone in his hand with the distinct feeling of being hit by a train assaulting his body and mind. He had been so stupid. He didn't count on him inside her head being honest with her about his feelings for her. But she knew. She had known all this time that he loved her more than anything in the world and instead of being repelled by it or ignoring it she had embraced it, treasured it and felt the same way about him. He had been in a relationship with the love of his life and hadn't even known it. And now she thought it was a lie and he had inadvertently broken her heart. Well, he could fix that. He would hop on his bike and head back to Westchester and make it perfectly clear to her that she was indeed his world. It also sounded like Jean had been making a nuisance of herself too if that 'skinny red-head doctor bitch' comment was any indication. He had six adamantium claws that could fix that problem, too.

~

The next morning Marie woke up feeling just as she had before falling asleep, like her world had ended. But she got out of bed anyway, knowing Victor would need breakfast and she'd have to check his bandages. She went to the kitchen and fixed some bacon, eggs, biscuits and sausage then wrapped up most of it, ate the rest and got a large Thermos and put some coffee in it, got some bottles of water and more soup he could have for lunch then headed out into the woods.

~

Victor could smell the tears she'd been crying as she traveled to the cave. She'd wiped them away but the scent was still there, that and the stench of heartache that he knew only his brother could have dealt her. He'd kick Jimmy's ass when he got better. He didn't know how good he had it with this girl.

Marie gave her patient a big smile as she walked over and knelt down beside him. She handed him his breakfast and he ate it gratefully while she checked his bandages and put more wood on the fire.

"What'd Jimmy do to make you cry?" Victor asked after a while, sipping on the coffee. She turned startled eyes to him and he shrugged. "I can smell the salt from the tears. Only Jimmy could make you cry like that."

"You seem to know us pretty well. What makes you think it was Logan?" she asked curiously.

"You wouldn't be helping me if you weren't in love with him. I've seen the way you look at each other. I saw his face when you were up there on the statue screaming. I have never in my life seen him that afraid," he answered honestly. "We've fought since then too, remember? You two are always together and either of you would die for the other. I know you've killed for each other. Don't pretend with me, sweetheart. It won't do you any good."

"I told him I was done with him. I got tired of getting my heart broken. That was last night. Happy now?" she asked bitterly, tears threatening again.

He was quiet a long moment then shook his head slowly. "No, baby. That doesn't make me happy. I'm sorry my brother's being such a dumbass. He doesn't deserve you. You're twice the woman that skinny redhead will ever be and he knows it. Don't let him lie to you. And don't give up on him. He's slow but he catches on eventually."

"What if he doesn't want me? What if you're wrong?" Marie asked doubtfully.

"I know my brother, honey. You're his idea of perfection. Look in my wallet in those torn pants over there. There's an old photo inside. Take it out and tell me what you see," he told her. She did as he said and gasped when she saw the lady in the photograph. It was her. The hair was different and the clothes and quality of the photo put it in the late 1860's but it was still her.

"Who is this?" she asked him carefully.

"Her name was Anna Morgan. She was Jimmy's wife," Victor told her. Marie was astonished at the tenderness in his voice just then. She sat down on the side of the bed beside him and waited for him to continue. "It was love at first sight. She was sixteen, a Southern belle in Savannah, Georgia. Jimmy and I were with Sherman's army on their march and came across her and her family's plantation on the way. She and Jimmy got married a week after they met. We took her with us back to Canada after the war was over. They were married thirty-four years. It's still the happiest we've ever been in our lives. Jimmy loved her more than anything. She was his world. I loved her too. She was a damn good sister in law, better than I deserved. It wasn't always perfect, though. They couldn't have children. Why, we still don't know. They tried for years and then she started going through the change and they knew for certain they wouldn't have any. Jimmy told her that it didn't matter, that they had each other and she was all he needed. But she started getting older, her hair started getting gray in it and the last few years she was alive were hard on their marriage. I know Jimmy didn't care about it, he loved her no matter what. But it mattered to her. She was fifty when she died."

"What happened to her?" Marie asked in a whisper.

"She killed herself. She waited until we went hunting one morning and took Jimmy's pistol and shot herself in the heart," Victor said in a flat voice. "In the letter she left she said that she just couldn't bear having Jimmy see her grow old and die, that he needed to find someone who was younger, healthier, a woman who could give him children and the family they had wanted. I'll never forgive her for that. How could she not know that we loved her anyway, that none of that mattered? She killed Jimmy that day. I'll never forget the look on his face, the way he cried, held her body in his arms rocking her like a baby. It took me over a week to get him to let me bury her. And then he insisted he do it himself. He made her a coffin and carved a marker for her and I dug the grave under the old maple tree she liked to read under. We replaced the marker for a marble one after the second World War, planted roses and lilies there. I was up there not long ago and pulled the weeds away. Jimmy usually did it, he would go and visit her on their anniversary and her birthday. He never married again. She was the only one he ever really loved until now. He was never the same after she died. Neither of us were really. I let my animal take over more often than not and Jimmy just didn't give a damn about anything anymore."

"Why does she look like me?" she asked after a long moment absorbing all this.

"I wish I knew, sweetie. It's the damndest thing, though. That's why I watched so carefully when Magneto had you. I knew Jimmy would come for you. I knew he'd love you," Victor explained. "I'm sorry about what happened to you up there. I know it scared you."

"It almost killed me. I had to absorb Logan completely to heal from it," she snapped at him. He grinned.

"You've got steel in you, kiddo. You're stronger than Anna was. You'd never do what she did. I'm glad Jimmy doesn't remember that. I wish I could forget it. Losing her destroyed us," his eyes met hers and she knew he was telling her something important. "If he ever lost you like that, you might as well take him with you because he loves you the same as he loved her, maybe more, and he wouldn't survive that kind of loss twice. Do you understand?"

"You worry about him," she said almost to herself.

"He's my baby brother, darlin. Of course I worry about him," he laughed lightly. He gestured to the photo still in her hands. "You keep that. It'll be safer with you."

"But it's yours. You cared for her too," she argued. He smiled and nodded sadly.

"Yeah, I did. You remind me of her. Not just the way you look but you have the same soft, honeyed Southern accent and same sassy attitude. But you're kind and thoughtful like her too. You treat me like a man, not an animal. No one's done that in a long time," he confessed quietly. "I haven't done much to encourage it though I suppose."

"I've treated you like Logan's brother. I'll continue to do so until you give me reason not to, Victor," Marie told him. "And I think you should keep the photo. You have to be the one to show it to Logan."

"I'll be better in a week. My healing has finally kicked in," Victor stated finishing the coffee. "I already feel a lot better. You're a pretty good nurse."

"Yeah, I took Triage 101 from Professor Logan," she joked smirking. He laughed and nodded.

"I bet Jimmy's harder on you than the rest too. It's because he cares, you know. He wants to be sure nothing will happen to you. I don't think you realize just how scared he is that he'll lose you, darlin," he told her seriously.

"If he already feels that way about me then why is he being so goddamn stubborn about the rest of it?" she asked scowling darkly. "I could kick his ass."

"Or make him jealous," he suggested. "Is there a guy around that's man enough for him to feel threatened by?"

"There is his Cajun friend from New Orleans," she said thoughtfully. "He flirts with me but I've never encouraged it or flirted back. His name is Remy."

"You mean Gambit? Oh that's perfect. Yeah, go for it, honey. If Jimmy doesn't come to his senses after seeing you with that man whore then I'll have to kick some sense into him after I get better," Victor instructed.

She nodded and rose, putting the photo carefully back into his wallet and setting it beside the bed on one of the bags. "I should get back. I brought some more soup for your lunch. I'll bring supper later and change your bandages later. There's water and more biscuits too. You'll be okay?"

"I'll be fine. I think I'll sleep a while," he assured her. She nodded and smiled before leaving. He smiled softly, watching her go. Jimmy better not fuck this up.

~

Marie made her back to the mansion quickly but via a different route. She took off the jacket she'd worn and hung it on a tree on the way, not wanting Hank or anyone else who had good senses to smell Victor on her. When she reached the lawn near the back veranda, Logan was sitting there facing the woods, a beer in his hand and looking as if he were waiting on her. She approached warily, keeping her distance from him when she made it onto the porch.

"What are you doing here?" Marie asked him.

"I drove back after our phone call last night," Logan answered. She nodded but didn't say anything.

"How's your injured cat?" he asked her after a moment.

"Much better today," she told him.

"I hope you're being careful. Wildcats are dangerous," Logan said with concern lacing his tone.

"I am, Logan. Don't worry," she smiled reassuringly.

He nodded then frowned looking a bit angry with himself before standing up abruptly and walking over to her.

"Marie, look I'm sorry about last night. I don't want things to be bad between us. You mean too much to me for something as insignificant as my flirting with Jean to come between us. I only do it to annoy Scooter," Logan explained in a frustrated tone. "I'd never actually go through with any of it. I don't want her. Do you understand that? I don't want Jean. If it bothers you that much then I won't do it anymore."

"But do you want me, want us, Logan? And don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about," she asked him carefully.

"I do," he said his voice breaking slightly. He cleared his throat to say more but hesitated.

"You do but?" she offered knowing her heart was about to break again.

"I'm scared," he confessed quietly. He set his beer down and slipped his arms around her waist bringing his forehead to rest on hers. Her hands came to rest naturally on his biceps. "I'm scared because I know once it happens it will be forever and I can't lose you. I can't risk you changing your mind one day when you realize I don't deserve you. You're still so young, baby. I want you to be sure this is what you want, that I'm what you want. If I ever lost you, Marie, even now I know it would kill me."

"You're saying you don't believe that I love you," she said looking up at him with hurt, disbelieving eyes. "How could you think that? You're everything to me, Logan. Haven't I done enough to show you that? What more do I have to do to prove how much I love you, that it's forever for me and no other man would ever make me happy? Tell me please, sugar, because I honestly have no idea!"

Her voice broke and that Southern accent was really coming out with her temper on that sentence. He knew he had pushed too far then. She was right. It was him that hadn't proven their feelings, not her.

"Darlin, I'm not saying you don't love me. I know that you do. Calm down, honey," he ran his hands up and down her back in an effort to soothe her.

"So you're scared to love me? Is that it? What are you really afraid of, Logan? That I'll die on you or that I'll break your heart?" she demanded angrily, hot tears falling down her cheeks.

"Neither, baby. I'm afraid I'll break your heart. I know you'd never leave me intentionally and I know you'd never break my heart if you could help it. I'm afraid of myself, that I'll hurt you and you'll come to hate me. That scares me more than anything. I'm not a good man, Marie," he stated in a flat voice. She could see he really believed that bullshit. It only made her angrier. So she did the only thing she could think of and slapped him as hard as she could across the face. The shock on his face was priceless.

"You really piss me off, Logan," Marie shook her head at him. "I know you better than anyone does, ever could even. I have you in my head, all your virtues, faults, hopes, dreams, failures and fears. I've seen it all, Logan. I've dreamt your nightmares, your fantasies, even the Wolverine side of you at his worst and you think I could do all that, know you like that and still have illusions that you're some sort knight in shining adamantium? I wish for once you could see yourself the way I see you that you could see how wonderful you are. You're just a man, Logan. But you're my man and there's no one better, not in my eyes. I love all of you. Don't you get that? I know you'll screw up sometimes, so will I. But I'd never hate you, Logan and I'll never leave you. I don't think I could if I wanted to. You're half of me and when you're not around I feel like that half is missing. Don't ever say you're not a good man to me ever again or that you don't deserve me. I won't have it."

Logan couldn't believe his luck. He also couldn't believe how stupid he'd been. Not trusting himself to speak and really not knowing what he could say after that, simply pulled her flush against his body and kissed her mouth with a pent up hunger and passion that took her breath and his away.

Marie moaned into his mouth and wound her arms around his neck, kissing him back for all she was worth. She buried her fingers in his hair, her nails raking his scalp lightly and making him growl low in his chest. Suddenly she found her legs wrapped around his waist and felt a growing and alarmingly large hardness pressed into the juncture of her thighs as Logan proceeded to kiss the daylights out of her. Damn, this man was good at that. She found herself unconsciously grinding her hips against him and pulling him tighter to her. He had her pinned against one of the columns on the veranda and rocked his hips into her as he plundered her mouth and ran his hands over her body.

"Holy shit!" they heard faintly coming from the doorway that led from the porch to the kitchen. It was Scott, it just had to be, and Jean and Storm were with him. "Stop that this instant!"

Logan didn't even register the words, just a faint annoying sound that seemed far away, as he moved from her mouth to her neck and growled a wicked grin at the cry of pleasure she gave him and the tightening of her thighs on his waist when he bit and sucked her there. He pressed wet, biting kisses all over her neck and collarbone, mumbling into her skin how much he loved her, how good she tasted and felt in his arms, all the things he was going to do to her.

"Logan! Rogue! Stop that! This is a school!" Scott was yelling now. But they were in their own world at the moment and nothing was getting through to them.

Finally Rogue remembered where they were and pulled Logan's head by the hair to make him meet her eyes. The intensity in that beautiful hazel gold took her breath away. "Logan, bed now," she demanded. He nodded and pushed them away from the column then carried her past their audience that had gathered and up the stairs to his room without giving any one of them a single look or acknowledgement.

~

Scott, Jean and Storm were left there looking at each other in absolute shock and confusion. Other students had gathered to look at whatever Summers had been yelling about and it was Jubilee that finally broke the silence.

"Well, I guess Wolvie finally pulled his head out of his ass then. Good for them, bad for whoever sleeps on either side of Logan's room," Jubilee stated wickedly. "He'll have her screaming his name all night, every night now. I wonder what their kids will look like."

"Jubilee, that's not appropriate. This is a serious matter," Scott said in a censuring tone. "Logan and Rogue have no business together. He's too old for her, too unstable, too wild."

"Okay. Let me know when you decide to tell Logan and Rogue that. I want to be there for that conversation. I doubt you live through it," Jubilee told him with a sarcastic laugh then walked away.

"Perhaps Jubilee has a point, Scott," Storm said thoughtfully. "They are fiercely protective of each other. I don't think interference will be brooked by either of them. We should stay out of it."

"She's a child, Ro," Jean cut in sharply. "He'll use her then break her heart. She's not woman enough for him and she'll be the one to suffer for it."

"Now Jean, I don't know about that. Rogue is definitely a woman and Logan seemed more than content just now," Scott reasoned. Then they heard a man laughing nearby. Turning they saw Remy leaning against the doorway laughing so hard he was almost doubled over.

"Oh y'all kill me," Remy managed to get out. He sobered after a moment then pinned them with a deadly look. "First of all, Jean is just jealous and chere, I hate to tell you but you ain't half the woman that Rogue is. Logan never wanted you. He just used you to draw attention away from people noticing his feelings for her and to piss off Ruby there. And don't you worry about Rogue. She can handle Logan and then some. Second, they have more love for each other than I've ever seen before. I know this, I'm an empath and I can feel what others are feelings. Don't forget that. Third, you try to come between them and not only will there be very physical casualties but they will not hesitate to pack up and leave this school and your precious X-Men all alone against the big bad war coming without a second thought. And finally, you need to know that if they leave, so do I. You really want to be without the three of us when the war comes? Think about that before you go sticking your nose into places it doesn't belong."

Remy walked away then, whistling Dixie and shuffling his cards in one hand. After a moment Storm nodded firmly and turned to Scott and Jean.

"He's right. It's none of our business. Leave them alone," she said sternly then walked away herself, leaving Scott and Jean alone.

"You're jealous?" Scott asked Jean crossing his arms over his chest. "You liked the flirting, didn't you? You really thought he was serious about you, Jean? Even I knew it was a front and that he was just trying to piss me off. You didn't though, did you? You liked thinking you were stringing him along, that if you really wanted him then you could have him? Were you so blinded by your ego and infatuation with him that you couldn't see that his world, his whole world, revolves around that woman he just carried upstairs? Honestly Jean, that's just pathetic."

"Scott, -" Jean began but he shook his head cutting her off.

"No, save it. I should have known. We're done, Jean. You can move your things out of our room while I'm in class," Scott told her coldly. Then he turned on his heel and strode off.

~

Upstairs in Logan's room, things were getting more heated by the second. Logan kicked the door shut when they made it in and immediately all their clothes suddenly began to disappear as they made their way to the bed.

He made her giggle when he picked her up and threw her onto the center of the bed with a bounce then crawled on all fours, both of them gloriously naked, over to her growling low in his chest. Her giggles were cut short when he grabbed her by the thighs and yanked her to him, though, rubbing his aching erection along her already wet, slick folds. She whimpered at the sensation and he growled louder then positioned himself and thrust into her smooth and fast, breaking through her maidenhead and making her his. He felt her tense and held still so she could adjust to him, stroking her thighs and belly soothingly until she relaxed.

Marie saw the concern on his face and though it had hurt, it was subsiding now and in its place was the most delicious feeling in the world. She was made for him. He fit inside her so perfectly she must have been fashioned just for him, she was certain of it as he was. Running her hands over his hairy chest and sculpted torso lovingly she finally relaxed and gave him a reassuring smile before rocking into him slightly.

He began to move them, in slow, agonizingly wonderful thrusts and she rocked her hips in rhythm with him. Their moans, groans, growls, cries, screams, grunts and roars of pleasure were no doubt heard by the entire mansion but to them there was only this moment, this act of their love and the rest of the world simply no longer existed. It was perfect because it was them, together finally. When she came around him and screamed his name and he followed a second later roaring hers and emptying himself into her, no words could ever describe the soul-deep satisfaction it brought to them. Lying there in each other's arms after, murmuring soft words of love and giving tender kisses, soaked in sweat and each other's scent, they felt whole and complete and knew it was forever.