She had actually purred at him.

He shook his head, trying to focus his mind which was going a million miles a minute. What was his problem? He could think of a few immediately; he was a freaking animal, it’d been over six months since he last got laid, and she smelled good. Understatement of the year, she smelled fucking fantastic and it had taken all his restraint not to have her then and there on the floor, other cell occupants be damned. Who knew purring could be so sexy?

By the time he got over to the food tray, Sabertooth had already swiped a large portion and was happily munching away in his corner while Hank and Wild Child were arguing over the few remaining ones. Normally Logan didn’t even bother with it unless he had gone through a particular bad day of testing and really needed the extra energy. It just wasn’t worth the hassle and the daily dose he’d get off his healing factor after they had finished their routine prodding, slicing, burning, tearing, was usually enough to recover whatever he needed.

The girl was a different story. Whatever her healing factor was, it obviously had some limitations, the old scars covering her body and the ribs he had felt protruding while he held her on the ground were testament to that. She needed food and, if he was honest with himself, the Wolverine had this crazy thought in his head that he wanted to show the girl he could provide for her and well, who was he to argue with that. Maybe if he got her food she’d stop trying to either run away from him or kill herself. He growled slightly remembering how she had looked down at her healed arms with such loathing, yet at the same time curiosity and desire. He could see the thought plain as day on her face.

He didn’t want to imagine what things she’d gone through that had been so horrible that tearing herself apart till she was half dead seemed the preferable state to be in, but that was going to have to change, and quickly, because as it was, he could still smell the first pile of gore and it was making it hard to keep the claws in check. Thankfully Hank had gathered up and flushed most of it down the toilet, the only other modern convince in the cell, besides the sink next to it, and the cot Logan had commandeered. A second episode of that mess though and he wouldn’t be responsible for what happened.

“You had better let go Doctor, if you want to keep that hand attached to your wrist.”

“While we had agreed to proportionate rations,” McCoy paused to glare at Sabertooth who only responded with a large, food filled, grin, “With the child now, who clearly is in desperate need, I believe we should all make a sacrifice to allow her to have the extra food she needs until she reaches a more reasonable weight. Surely you can see that.”

“All I see is you trying to give the skinny brat food that belongs to ME. I don’t share what’s mine with ANYONE. If you want to give her YOUR rations, go right ahead.” Wild Child again tried to grab at the bars Hank had clutched in his fist.

“Back off Gibney,” Logan growled, stomping up to the two of them, “Everyone knows you’re the lab pet. It’s been days since you’ve been taken back for tests, you can damn well deal.” He quickly snatched the bars in Hanks hands, ignoring the surprised look on his face, “And you McCoy, they only want you for your brains and while I admit it’s a damn impressive noggin you got there, it don’t need that much to operate.” The blue Beast frowned at him, but didn’t say anything. Wild Child on the other hand wasn’t about to give up without a fight and made a lucky dash, grabbing the food from Logan’s hand.

The Wolverine was not amused.

“You got a death wish bub,” he growled, claws coming out.

“No, just seems to me I’m the only one that girl doesn’t have wrapped around her tiny little finger. Even Creed is spending half his time drooling over her, looking like a little lost kitty cat that’s just found a bowl of cream,” he said, taking a few steps back and crouching down, readying for an attack, “Maybe that’s what they want. You ever think of that? Why else would they throw her in here with us? Maybe she’s here to tame us, make us take our guard down, doing anything and everything for the little brat. She’s making you all weak and I’ll be damned if I let her do the same to me!”

A deep growl came from the corner where Sabertooth was now standing, dark eyes glaring, “Who you calling weak?” He took a step forward, scraping his claws along the side of the cell, making a piercing, screeching noise. Wild Child looked back and forth between the two feral mutants now stalking him with death in their eyes. Logan could smell the slight scent of fear tinge the air and the Wolverine grinned.

“Nnn..nn..NO!”

It was the girl. Her shout echoed across the now silent cell causing them all to look at her in surprise. She had her hands tangled in her hair, pressing down on her head as if she was trying to keep it from exploding, her eyes shut tight in a grimace of pain. Taking advantage of the moment, Logan took the two steps separating him and a still stunned Wild Child and quickly grabbed the food back, snorting as he stomped over to where she was kneeling.

“Hey kid, you okay?” He grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her harder then he intended, but her cry had set off all the warning bells in his head, making him on edge. He felt her body stiffen for a moment, then soften, collapsing against him. Just as he reached down to grab her face and make her look at him though he suddenly found himself flying through the air, hitting the opposite wall hard and then falling to the ground.

“Kid’s not here anymore Wolverine.” He watched as the girl stood up, cracking her neck before crouching down staring at him with blank eyes. “Had to send her on a little vacation, but don’t worry. I’d love to play with you while she’s not around.” Logan stood up, watching the girl start to circle him warily. He felt Hank move in near his right. Sabertooth and Wild Child were watching the scene with interest from the left.

“Who are you?” he growled, noticing that the girls scent had been replaced with something dark and somewhat familiar, the hairs on the back of his neck starting to rise.

“I’m hurt! Don’t you remember me? Granted, I look a bit different at the moment, trapped in this girl’s body. She’s got toxic skin you know, sucks in a person’s whole essence, powers, memories, the whole lot, in case you had thoughts of getting...close.” Logan watched as she stood up straight, a maniacal smile forming on the face that didn’t belong there, “Maybe this will help you remember.” Reaching up, they watched, as the small hand dug in, the sound of tearing flesh filling the cell until at last her left eye gave way, ripped out. Holding the organ, dripping with blood and tissue, in the palm of her hand, she smiled again, “Remember me now Wolverine. Last time we met you took this from me, only fitting I should give it back again.”

He felt the growl growing deep in his chest, the smell of the girl’s blood driving the Wolverine mad, while at the same time the memories crashed across his mind. The violence, pain, fighting, and...fear. His eyes narrowed.

“Cyber.”

Chapter End Notes:
*For those who don't know, Cyber and Wolverine have quite a bit of history in comic verse, literally eye for an eye. Cyber was Wolverine's commanding officer in WWI and killed a woman he was romantically linked with. In the following fight, Cyber gouged out his left eye and beat him so badly that it left a deep rooted fear of him inside of Wolverine (and you thought he wasn't afraid of anything!).

Later on, Wolverine would overcome this fear to fight Cyber again and bites out his left eye. Cyber's healing factor was not strong enough to heal the eye and he had a bionic one made to replace it.

Cyber's powers include super strength, stamina, healing, telepathy that allows him to take over an opponents mind, and a low level psionic ability that allows him to track brain patterns.