Time to wake up sweetheart.

Rogue jolted awake, tossing and turning, until she felt herself falling and land on something warm and soft. She was immediately thrown halfway across the room, hitting the wall hard before sinking down into a crouching position. What the hell?

“What the hell?” a gruff voice mimicked back to the thought in her head.

She had landed on the one with the claws, who was now glaring at her after being so rudely woken up. What was she doing on his side of the cell? No one was supposed to be on this side, she’d seen what he had done to the laughing one when he had mistakenly crossed the line one time. She was screwed. The dripping of blood reached her ears and she watched in fascination as the claws slowly withdrew back into the man’s arms, leaving tiny wounds. Did it hurt? If so, his face didn’t show it.

Monster, ugly, stupid, pathetic, weak.

She shook her head and looked down at her arms, all healed up. She was even a failure at killing herself, but at least the voices had been silent for a while. It was almost worth it, perhaps if she tried it again, she ran a finger lightly along her wrist when suddenly she found herself pressed against the wall, both arms pinned to the side of her head and dark intense eyes glaring at her.

“Don’t even think about it kid,” he growled out. She returned the glare. Just who did he think he was to tell her what she could and couldn’t do? He didn’t have the voices running around inside his head, eating away at his brain like little mice, he wasn’t a monster like her, and she could suck him up, leave him as nothing but dust, if it wasn’t for the collar. She struggled to free herself, kicking and biting, but it was no use, without her super strength active there was no way she could get him off. She settled for growling loudly to voice her disapproval at the situation, refusing to give him the satisfaction of seeing the panic that was starting to rise at the sudden feeling of helplessness, but he seemed to sense it all the same and a smile grew on his face. He was enjoying this, damn him, and she resumed her struggling. If she could only find a way to get the collar off she'd show him.

Finally, his amusement passed and he threw her back on the small cot. She climbed up into a crouching position and looked around for an escape route. The hairy one in the corner with the empty eyes was staring at her with interest and she felt a shudder run through her. He was even worse than the clawed one and she learned her lesson about going near him. The laughing one with the strange ears in the corner smiled as her gaze came to rest on him. He might be okay, but he smelled too much like the hairy one for comfort. Which left the blue one, who was sitting in the corner watching, only his attention wasn’t on her, he was frowning at the clawed one. He was safe, if she could just get back to him. She could deal with the pity smells if it meant she was free to do as she pleased.

I had a wife, two kids, and you took me away from them you sick freak. Mutant. Monster. Ugly. Pathetic. Weak.

She needed the voices to shut up. The clawed one again seemed to know exactly what she was thinking and blocked her path. “Don’t think so kid. You’re gonna stick with me for awhile,” he said roughly, the tone expressing no room for argument. He obviously was used to people doing whatever he said, well she wasn’t going to be that easy to control. She growled at him in warning when he took a step closer to her, leaning down so his face was right in front of her own.

“Don’t. Even. Think. About. It.”

Seeing a small chance, she went to leap over his shoulder, but his reflexes were quicker than her own and he caught her about the waist and this time threw her to the floor, his full weight nearly crushing her as he straddled her hips and grabbed her wrists, pinning her down beneath him.

“I’m stronger and faster than you kid,” he said, leaning in close, “So you better get used to listening to me.”

He glared down at her and she returned the glare, completely intending not to back down in the least until suddenly her attention was diverted by a seductive, woodsy smell that fluttered across her nose. She closed her eyes and took deep breath after deep breath of the luscious scent and was so caught up in it that she didn’t realize she had tilted her head forward and was now sniffing and nuzzling the chest of the clawed man on top of her.

He made a strangled noise that broke her out of her sudden daze. Jerking her head back hard against the floor she looked up to see two black eyes burning into her. The sound of her heart pounded loudly in her chest and the tension in the air was so thick she felt like she could drown in it as he leaned over and sniffed softly at her neck. She closed her eyes again and felt a strange sound welling up in her chest that caused the body on top of her to stiffen.

A loud bang made by the small slot in the cell door opening and closing caused them both to jump as the days food rations were pushed through. He made a noise that sounded like a frustrated growl, before releasing her arms and standing up.

When she started to get up, he quickly pushed her back down.

“Stay!” he said, pointing to the floor. She glared at him but didn’t make a second attempt to stand and instead just watched as he walked over to where the others were already arguing over the small bars that made up their daily meals.

Kill him!

She tilted her head at the suddenly distinct voice shouting out over the normal rabble.

Kill him! Kill the Wolverine!

Wolverine? She looked again at the clawed man. Was he the Wolverine, the one who had smelled so good? She sniffed at her tattered lab gown and almost giggled in delight to find the smell had rubbed off on her. It was intoxicating and made a warmth flow straight thru her.

No! Kill him! Stupid, pathetic, weak. You must kill him!

She shook her head, angry with the voice. He smelled nice. She pounded her fists against her head to try and get it to shut up.

Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill!

Her head was pounding with the word and she felt like her eyeballs were being pushed out of their sockets. Over and over, crashing and breaking like a wave inside her brain and the ripping and clawing was back, fiercer than ever, wanting her to let it out, wanting to take over.

Weak. Pathetic, Stupid, Ugly. Kill him! Kill! Kill!

She could feel herself slipping away, away into some dark corner, the shadows calling to her, trying to drag her in and for a moment she found herself tempted, tempted to just let it all go, to finally be rid of everything once and for all and let the voices have their revenge. But then, she caught the smell again, that beautiful, perfect, addicting smell and the Rogue decided, she wanted that more.