Author's Chapter Notes:
*Last chapter got some bad rating, so hopefully I'll make that up to you all somewhere down the line. :/ Anyways, onward and upwards we go. Thanks for everyone whose stuck around so far!


The metallic clink of the collar disengaging was music to Creed’s ears.

He groaned as he felt his healing powers immediately kick back in, rushing his body with an almost painful intensity and sending a fresh and greatly appreciated wave of energy thru him. He felt the feral grin pull over his face. Sabertooth was back in business.

It had taken him all night to reach the hidden safe house where Wild Child had stashed the collar key, along with a large supply of weaponry, cash, and a beat up truck. He took it all, payment on account, he figured the mutt owed him. Besides, wasn’t like a dead man was going to be needing any of it.

The slow rolling of the dark pavement spread out before him on the empty road was soothing. It had been too long since he’d been able to feel completely in control of everything and the fact that the truck was entirely absent of the girls scent was a much needed and welcome relief, though it didn’t stop thoughts of her from entering his mind and tormenting him.

She had saved his life.

And it was driving him mad. He didn’t understand it and definitely didn’t like the feeling that now he owed her for it. She could have easily just saved the runt and left him there, he wouldn’t have even blamed her for it, maybe would have even preferred it. It wasn’t like he was a good guy, he probably deserved death ten times over for some of the shit he’d done and he’d seen the way she looked at the Wolverine when she thought no one was looking, like he was God’s gift. He growled at the memory. And he sure as hell didn’t like the feeling he was indebted to her.

So why HAD she saved him?

Did she feel like she owed him because he had made that promise to her? Another of many lapses in sanity he’d apparently been having since she crossed his path. Not that’d he’d kept that promise. The smell of her blood and burned fleshed still hung in his nose. He frowned and then there had been the sharing of information; half dead, in extreme pain, and with many reasons to not give a rat’s ass and still she had stopped him, told him everything she had pulled from Wild Child’s memory, handed him the beginnings of revenge on a silver platter. Why? Wolverine and his mini-truce was just the icing on the cake of a fucking surreal day.

His head was starting to hurt trying to make sense of it all so he decided to give up and concentrate on the job at hand. He’d been able to make Toad squeal and gotten the location of the safe house and where the Brotherhood had set up base for the recent escapade, small town of Chatsworth, not too far away. He’d be there in under an hour. The blood lust started seeping in and the anger at what they had done, at the betrayal, took over any lingering thoughts on the girl.

It wasn’t that he blamed them for the double crossing. Oh no, he wasn’t above such manners himself and probably would have done the same if he was in their shoes. In fact, he couldn’t be sure he wouldn’t have killed Wild Child and taken the girl for himself before all hell had broken loose inside the warehouse. The thoughts had definitely been there. Course, just because he didn’t blame them didn’t mean they weren’t going to find out just what the consequences were of trying to pull one over on him. His hands gripped tightly on the steering wheel as he thought of all the delicious ways he was going to make them regret trying to take him out. They obviously did not know who they were fucking with.

He grinned as the dirt road turn off to his destination appeared. Stashing the car in the woods, he grabbed a duffel full of necessities and hiked the rest of the way in, a small cabin in the middle of nowhere and not a damn sentry in sight. Typical. They were fools to try and take him out, if it wasn’t for him, nothing would get done, ever. Idiots, the lot of them, except for Magneto, but he’d deal with him soon enough.

Making his way closer, he sniffed the wind. Avalanche and Blob. The girl had been right, but also, Mystique. His eyes narrowed, now what in the hell was she doing so far away home? The sound of a TV and arguing carried out to his ears. Baseball. They were arguing about fucking baseball. Apparently there was little doubt that Wild Child would succeed in his endeavor to kill Creed. The insult of that did not escape him and Sabertooth felt his claws clench into his fists, the blood dripping down onto the ground as the beast deep within took over and damn it felt good.

He took to setting up a few small charges around the outside of the cabin. It was always nice to make a good entrance. Standing in the front yard, he held the trigger in his hand. It was play time! He squeezed, causing chaos to descend and watched as the three mutants stumbled out of the wreckage of the house to find him standing there. Black eyes raging in anger, muscles tense, claws already gleaming with his own blood. Their eyes grew large at the realization that Wild Child’s plan had failed. Mystique was the first to come to her senses.

“What is the meaning of this Creed!” Her yellow eyes glared at him, but he saw the flicker of uncertainty in them. She wasn’t sure how to play the cards. Didn’t matter anyhow. Her just being there had already signed her death certificate.

“I don’t know darling, you tell me?” he growled. Avalanche was quicker on the uptake and his fist quickly descended on the ground, sending seismic waves crashing towards him. Large chunks of rock shot up as the land broke apart and crumbled under the force. Creed leapt from one to another, his agility easily carrying him over the path of destruction till he landed in front of the mutants once again.

“Now is that any way to welcome back a TEAMMATE,” he smirked, “I only came here to talk after all.”

“Talk to this!” A large fist crashed against him, sending him flying through the air. He landed on his feet, claws digging in the ground to stop his movement backwards. The Blob standing before him. He caught a flash of blue flying past the corner of his eye. Mystique was running away, she always had a decent survival instinct. He’d get her later, he did love a good chase. Right now, he had bigger fish to fry.

“You know Dukes, never thought you could get any fatter, but I swear you’ve gained a hundred pounds in the time I’ve been away. Good to know the Brotherhood’s keeping you well fed,” he taunted, enjoying the red flush of anger risking into the Blob’s cheeks.

“I’m gonna flatten you Creed and then we’ll see what you got to say then!”

Sabertooth dogged another fist, dancing around the large mutant. The Blob was faster than most people gave him credit for, too bad he had peanuts for brains. He needed to get closer. Running in quick Creed gave a few slashes to the large stomach, before sliding just out of arm’s reaching, in perfect position.

“Your claws won’t work Creed. Wild Child was right. They must have knocked a few screws loose in that lab if you’re forgetting my skins invulnerable!” the Blob laughed, causing his large mass to jiggle and roll in waves. Sabertooth just grinned, then with a quick leap, landed on top of the giant man’s shoulders, crouching down and grabbing the massive head in his hands. Leaning forward he whispered gently, “Maybe big boy, but what about your bones?” And using his strength, twisted in a sharp jerk, relishing in the loud crack of each vertebrate breaking as the neck snapped. Jumping off as the large body fell forward and slammed into the floor causing the ground to vibrate. Sabertooth turned to look at Avalanche, enjoying the sudden stench of fear that engulfed him. He stalked towards his prey.

“Now then, about that talk.”

The next morning he was back on the road, covered head to foot in blood, the taste of it on his tongue and ears still ringing with the glorious sound of screaming. The new information he’d gained from the “interrogation” was rolling around in his mind. He was heading for New Orleans.

He had an appointment with a Cajun.