Logan watched as the door slammed shut, still unable to move. Damn, what had happened there? Just a slight touch and suddenly the smell of her arousal had hit him hard enough to freeze him in his tracks.

“Hey runt, you want to stop standing there like a fucking love sick puppy and give me a hand?” Sabertooth growled, breaking the moment. Logan turned to see that while most of the guards had been handled, the few remaining had managed to push Creed back halfway down the hallway.

Snarling he dove in and was able to decapitate one while getting a claw in the thigh of another, dropping him to the floor. He grinned, blood covering his fists as he looked at Sabertooth, who had one guard dangling from each hand. “Was that you just asking me for help?”

Creed snorted and knocked the two men together before tossing them at the wall. They collapsed in a heap on the ground. “That little interlude with Rogue must have knocked a few screws loose, or have you forgotten this place is set to be blown to bits any second now.”

Rogue, so that was the girl’s name. What kind of a name was Rogue? His eyes narrowed and since when was Sabertooth on a first name basis with her. Logan watched as the large man stalked over to the last guard, grabbing his gun and slamming the butt down on his head. Tossing it on the body, he walked back to where he was standing, stepping right up to his face. “Don’t need your help, just don’t feel like being bomb fodder,” he growled, pushing him aside and walking over to the door, kicked it open, “Parties over kiddies, time to get the fuck out of here.”

Wolverine made his way inside the room to find Wild Child slowly getting up from where he’d obviously been smashed into the corner, holding his jaw which seemed to be getting more swollen by the minute and the girl helping Hank to stand, murder on her face. He smiled and leaned against the doorframe. Obviously Wild Child’s mouth had gotten him into trouble again.

“Everything okay in here?” he asked, unable to mask the amusement in his voice. Rogue glared at him as she helped Hank maneuver across the room and to the doorway.

“Just keep him the fuck away from me,” she snarled, slamming the small metal key back into his hand before resuming her hold around the doctor’s waist, a large furry arm dwarfing her shoulder as she helped him into the hallway. He looked down at it and then looked back to see Wild Child still had his collar on. He put the key in his pocket and turned, walking over to put his shoulder underneath Hank’s other arm.

“I got him,” he said, nodding down the hallway, “You’ve been here longer than any of us, kid. Think you can help find a way out?”

She gave a concerned glance to Hank before letting him go and then sniffed at the air. Finding what she was looking for she turned to look at him, “This way, follow me.” And with that they quickly made their way through a maze of hallways, thankfully uninterrupted, the only obstacle being a pesky ten inch steel security door leading to the outside, which turned out to be no match for adamantium claws.

Once outside they all paused and the collective intake of fresh air and following groans would have made an amusing sight if anyone had passed by just then. As it was, Logan relished in the smell of clean, natural air flowing through his lungs like the most beautiful drug, making him feel somewhat dizzy in the head for a minute.

The moment didn’t last for long as the sound of fighting and explosives quickly reached their ears. After having Rogue do a quick sweep of the area to make sure they were alone, Logan helped settle Hank on the ground up near the tree line, a good distance away from the building, for a quick rest.

They had come out on the far back end of the facility and it looked like that area had already been evacuated and abandoned. On the other end of the compound, closer to where their cell had been, it was a completely different story. It was as if war had descended. Looking up in the air he saw the Brotherhood’s small jet reigning down gunfire onto a group of guards in the main courtyard of the facility. It’s left turbine smoking heavily from having taken a hit and the other one not looking much better.

“Doesn’t look like your friends will be giving you a ride home anytime soon Creed.”

Sabertooth snorted, watching the flailing machine, “Long as they can get that bomb off and turn this place to dust, I’ll be happy to walk home.”

“Bomb?!” Rogue stomped over to stand between the two of them, “What bomb?”

“Brotherhood has a missile on that jet, strong enough to tear the whole place to the ground. Just sit pretty and get ready to watch some fireworks,” Creed said, his eyes dancing with delight at the thought of all that destruction.

“But what about all the mutants still trapped inside?” her voice was starting to border on hysteria as she looked at the jet and at the facility, then her eyes got wide, “Oh my God. There were three girls in the cell with me. I have to go back and get them!” She turned and ran straight into Sabertooth’s hulking form blocking her way. She glared up at him, “Get out ah my way!”

“Girls are dead,” he said gruffly. She stared at him hard for a few moments, as if trying to gauge if he was telling the truth or not and then stood there stone still. Though he hadn’t known her long, Logan could tell it wasn’t a good sign.

“Rogue,” he went to put a hand on her shoulder to turn her around to look at him, but before he could she pounced and had Sabertooth pinned beneath her, one foot pressing hard into his side, ribs cracking, the knee of the other leg on the ground near his hip and both hands wrapped tightly around his wrists, holding them to the ground near his face. Sabertooth immediately started struggling, trying to throw Rogue off, but her strength obviously surpassed Creeds and he couldn’t budge the small girl. Logan had never seen anything so damn amusing in his entire life and for a moment wished he had a camera to capture it forever.

He would have laughed out loud if it wasn’t for the dead serious look on Rogue’s face. She wasn’t playing games, not at all. “Did you do it?” he heard her growl out. Sabertooth’s eyes narrowed at her. “What if I did? What you gonna do about it darling?” he snarled. She eyed him with disgust and then finally let go, climbing off his body and walking back towards the building.

“You got a death wish little girl be my fucking guest!” Sabertooth shouted at her retreating back and then stormed off into the trees. Wild Child looked at Rogue’s retreating form, eyes narrowed, and then ran into the trees after Creed, leaving Hank and Logan alone.

He looked down at Hank who was watching the whole scene with the eyes of one who analyzes every little piece of data presented to them. “And to think I used to consider you the epitome of the word stubborn Logan,” the doctor said, a frown of worry crossing his face, “I do believe she fully intends to search that facility top to bottom, regardless of the situation.”

“Yeah,” he watched as she drew closer to the facility, “You gonna be okay here Hank?”

Beast looked up at him, “My healing facilities may not be as advanced, but they are working, in what small capacity they have. I will be stable for the time being.” He jumped in surprise at the small handgun Logan tossed into his lap.

“Just in case yeah?” Hank picked up the weapon and checked the barrel, nodding slightly. Logan sighed, “Guess I better go make sure she doesn’t get herself killed.”

“Indeed.” The doctor eyed him with a knowing look that Logan knew was going to lead to a man to man talk about feelings somewhere down the line. He wasn’t looking forward to it.

“Do be careful, and Logan," he paused to make sure Logan was looking at him, his voice completely serious, “Do try not to piss her off.” Instantly the image of her small frame pinning the much larger, struggling Sabertooth to the ground came to his mind. This time he didn’t stop the laugh that came out.

“Wouldn’t dream of it Hank.” He grinned and ran off to catch up with the girl.