“Dammit Hank, you gotta help me here.”

Logan wouldn’t admit it, but he was struggling. The weight of the heavy blue mutant leaning on him normally wouldn’t have bothered anymore then a fly would have, but he was the weakest he’d ever felt in his life and dragging around the heavy doctor was taking a lot out of him and he didn’t have much left to give.

“Logan, you must leave me here,” came the reply in small gasps.

“Not happening, now get your butt in gear Beast and MOVE.”

He could feel the large bulk underneath him lift slightly and they gained a few more precious feet before once again the weight became too much to bear. Wait till he got his hands on Sabertooth, he was going to kill him, rip him apart first, and then wait for him to regenerate so he could do it again, and if that didn’t satisfy him, he’d do it as many times as it took before finally giving him the most slow and painful death he could think of.

He felt the sweat rolling off him and, for a moment, a dizzy spell. He needed to find a key to the collars and fast, otherwise neither of them would be making it out of there. Smoke filled the long corridor making it hard to see. He could hear gunfire far off in the opposite direction, at least that was going in their favor. There were doors lining either side of the hallway and making a decision, he turned and opened one to find a thankfully empty office.

Dragging Hank inside, he kicked the door closed with his foot and helped lower the doctor to a spot behind the desk. They were both breathing hard from the effort. It was hard to tell the extent of the injuries due to all the fur, but the right leg was definitely out of commission, the calf and ankle shredded from gunfire, he could see the bone through all the mess. Tearing a strip of cloth from one of the pant legs of the lab issued sweat pants he wore, he made a wrap around the wound to help stop the bleeding.

“Okay Hank, how bad is it, apart from the leg.” He watched the doctors face as he closed his eyes as if taking mental notes in his head about his own condition.

“Two bullets to the upper right bicep, one a flesh wound, the other straight thru, another one in the thigh that will have to be removed, and another to my right side that could be.. problematic.”

“What do you mean problematic.”

“I do believe it’s perhaps nicked the bottom of my lung causing it to partially collapse.”

Logan looked at the door as he heard the gunfire starting to move closer. A hand on his arm caused him to look back down.

“Logan, you must leave me here and get out while you still can.” His face was stern as he said it and he knew Hank meant it as a direct order, but the truth of the matter was the Wolverine didn’t care much for orders or for leaving men behind. He thought about his options.

“No one’s leaving anyone anywhere Doc. Here’s what’s going to happen. I’m gonna leave you here for a moment, just a moment, while I go try and find a damn key for these collars so I can get myself top notch. Then I’m gonna go find that girl and we’re going to come back here and all of us are going to get out. Got it?” He put a hand on the furry blue shoulder and squeezed gently looking straight into Hank’s eyes to emphasis his point, “No one is getting left behind.” He gave two soft pats to the shoulder then stood up. “You just sit in here, nice and quiet, and don’t go dying on me.”

He watched as the Doctor considered arguing with him, but probably realizing it was an unproductive endeavor to argue with the Wolverine instead relaxed, leaning back against the desk. “I will indeed try not to my friend. Do be careful.”

“Always Hank, always.” He gave the doctor a grin before slipping out of the office.

Looking back from where they came he saw a large trail of blood leading straight up to the door. Shit. As if that wasn’t a big homing beacon saying “Come find me.” Ripping off part of the other pant leg, he used a foot to wipe up the blood as he made his way back from where they came. It wasn’t the best clean up job, but at least there wasn’t an obvious line pointing straight to Hank’s hiding place anymore.

When he finally got back to their original cell he tossed the now soaked rag into the room and sniffed the air, frowning when he got Sabertooth’s scent, anger flowing over him as he remembered what had happened just moments earlier.

“About damn time.”

“Well, there’s been some issues on the outside. Took us a bit longer than we expected,” Pyro said walking in. Toad followed in close behind him, a grin of amusement on his face as he saw the silver piece of metal around Sabertooth’s neck,“Looks like kitty’s got a new collar!”

Creed growled, grabbing the small man and heaving him up into the ear, “Kitty’s gonna have frog legs for dinner if someone doesn’t shut their fat fly infested mouth.” He dropped the man hard on the ground.

“Was only joking Creed. Damn what’s got your panties in a twirl.” Pyro knocked him hard across the head.

“Just shut up Mortimer.” He tossed a small metal object to Sabertooth, “Here, that should pop the lock.” Logan watched as he pressed the small item against the collar, causing it to click open and fall off, clattering onto the floor.

“Hey, what about me?”

Victor turned, his black eyes glaring, “I don’t think so Gibney. You think I don’t know who led the lab rats straight to my door?” He stalked over and grabbed Wild Child around the neck lifting him up into the air.

“I didn’t tell them anything! Honest!” He started clawing at the large hands squeezing around his neck. Creed brought his face close up to Gibney’s and took a large sniff.

“You smell like a liar.” The sound of gunfire starting close by caused him to pause in his strangulation.

“No time, toss him and let’s get out of here,”Pryo said, pacing nervously then stopping when he finally noticed Beast and Wolverine, “Well, it’s a right party in here isn’t it?”

“Yeah loads of fun, but crap dance partners,” Sabertooth growled, tossing Wild Child hard to the ground. “Let’s get out of this shit hole.” Wolverine wasn’t expecting the Brotherhood to help him and Hank, but he wasn’t about to let them walk out of there with the key to the collars either.

“Hey Creed,” he said, claws sliding out slowly, “I’ll be taking that key now.”

Sabertooth eyed him with amusement. “Strong words coming from someone who can barely keep their feet underneath them. If I had more time runt, I’d love to kick your half dead ass a round or two. I owe you a few good ones from our time in here. As it so happens, I have somewhere else I need to be at the moment, so you’ll have to take a rain check. And as for the key,” Logan watched as he tossed it to the ground and stepped on it, crushing it with the heel of his boot, “Guess you should go find your own.” He looked down the hallway as the sound of yelling and footsteps got closer, “Might want to do it fast too, looks like the parties just getting started.”


That’s when all hell had broken loose. A group of guards rushed them and in the melee, Sabertooth and the others had slipped away, leaving Hank and Logan to handle the mess. He had ended up unscathed, but the doctor took a bad hit when a fallen guard had gotten off a lucky round from his assault rifle before he could finish him.

Finding the dead guard, he walked over and patted him down, looking for a key to the collar. When he turned up empty, he went to another one. One of them had to have it. The gunfire had stopped and the silence was making Logan more nervous than the fighting. As he went from body to body searching he scavenged off bits and pieces. A large hunting knife from one, a small semi-automatic from another, and the black fatigues and boots off one who was about his size. Finally when he was about to give up and move on, he saw a glint of silver underneath one of the bodies. Pushing it over, he reached down and picked up the small metal device. Bingo.

Pressing it against the collar at his throat, he groaned in relief as it released and fell to the ground, the force of his healing factor kicking back in almost knocking him to his knees. God he had been in a bad way. The feeling of his body fixing itself a delicious painful pleasure and a grin formed on his face when he heard the gunfire start back up again. The Wolverine was back and ready for some action. Reeling in the thoughts of revenge and tearing the lab apart piece by piece, he focused on the next important task on the to-do list.

Logan sniffed at the air. He was able to lock in on her scent immediately, after the incident with the gore in the cell, it was the one scent he’d never be able to get out of his brain, the girl’s blood. But that wasn’t all. He felt the claws pop out and slammed a fist into the wall, making a huge hole, destruction and rage flowing over him. If the girl was alone, she wouldn’t be for long. Sabertooth was heading her way.