Author's Chapter Notes:
It's shorter but good. Featuring Dreamy!Logan, and friends who come to play but do not play nice at all. Also more swearing (Logan gets cross). Enjoy x Thank you especially to GoodKarmaPlease and WitchBaby for their super-dedicated reviews. All the reviewers are giving me ideas and helping make this story better. Let me know what you think!
Chapter 5

You don't expect an assailant on the roof. You should but you don't, not when you are busy lookin' at the sweet girl next to you. Not when your head is full of dreams of maple syrup and hot coffee and her scent across the booth with those little stockinged feet slipped out of her boots next to you under the table. Imagining that and her smile and the sunlight on her cheeks....

You certainly don't expect the assailant to be a fucking bear. Bears can't fly, dammit.

But it wasn't a bear was it? It was that blue bitch Mystique. Bear sure gave Marie a fright though.

So sitting in the truck next to Marie, and thinking about her and the breakfast we're gonna have together and I'm wondering is she's the kinda girl who orders a lot of food and really enjoys it, or the kind that says no to waffles and then steals them offa your plate. Lookin up at ya, and smiling in between the bites. Watchin' her lips closing round the fork...

Anyway... I was, I'll say it straight, a little distracted by all these thoughts, they preoccupy me y'know. She's a girl that gets in your head and stays there. An' I didn't hear those bastards sneaking through the snow behind us. An' with Marie having been all curled up on me all night long I was full of her scent and not lookin' out for the mangy Sabretooth stench, or that slimy mix of Mystique. She's just bad that woman, she smells rancid and slick like oil.

So one minute, it's Marie and pancake thoughts and the next minute it's fucking bear on the truck roof. An almighty crash, then claws come through the ceiling and I'm taking my eyes an' thoughts offa Marie and putting them to work where they're needed, on our survival.

I grabbed my keys and threw the truck into gear thinking to just drive and try and knock this freaky-ass bear from the cab roof when the idiot Sabretooth looms up in front of the windshield and I realise not only are we in an ambush but I got Marie to protect now. An' it's a Marie who has kicked off into military mode at the attack.

What to do? I wanna take that bastard Sabes down right now. I owe him one from a long way back but I'm next to a girl in a rose pink dress who just grabbed my chain from under the seat an' is winding it around her forearm. Huh, she's good. Doin' it like that means she can move without it clinking and pack a weight behind her punch.

I know she's a damn good fighter but she ain't feral and she ain't a healer. She can't go up against those two with nothing but her borrowed training, it ain't fair.

Shit. Ok, ok, think Logan. Look, it's Mystique and Sabretooth, they're not exactly the greatest minds you know? I can do this. They're probably just looking to settle old scores and I'm ready for a good fight, I been so frustrated recently and at least these two are worthy contenders.

But I don't wanna dive into a proper go-round with Marie here. 'Specially as she'll wanna join in.

Best just to get outta here.

Truck in gear and step on the gas, forget Sabretooth, this is a big truck, I'll just run him outta the way. And if he don't like it, I got some adamantium here he'll like even less. And we can shake the damn bear offa the roof. Mystique, she's a twisted one, comin' afta me with Marie here, but those lot ain't got no morals.

Ok, good, we're goin' now. I felt Sabretooth go under us and I think the bear fell off a ways back. Damn straight. No one's gonna get to us now. They shouldnta threatened us in the first place. Assholes. Hey, how's Marie doin'?

"Marie?"

"Marie, how you doin' baby? We got away, those dicks are gone now darlin'."

"Yes, Ah...Ah should've.."

"It's ok baby, we are safe now, we gotta breakfast to pick up don't we?"

Probably won't be able to sit in the dinner with her now. Damn them to hell. We just threw 'em off, didn't take 'em out or nothin'. Probably on our tail. Dunno where to head now, damn it, think...

"Logan!"

Well fuck me.

"It's ok Marie, darlin' I'm ok."

Dunno what happened there, I just flew straight through the glass. Right through the windshield. I'm full-length in the snow, glass everywhere. God damn, I just went flying. Get up Logan, shake it off. That was freaky.

"Well, good morning, Wolverine."

That ain't good for sure. Aw damn.

Pinned up against a tree ain't bad, I like the outdoors, y'know, and I can imagine situations where I might not mind being in this position.

But Magneto using the metal in my bones to pin me half way up a hell of a tall-ass pine tree is something else y'know?

An' the sadistic son of a bitch is twisting at me too. He's playing with me. I can feel all the bones in my, everything shaking and quivering. Even my damn teeth are shaking with the strain he's puttin' on me. This ain't good, I thought we'd got away. This ain't old scores. What's he come here for?

That's just audacious. Turning his back on me. Why, if it were anyone else, he wouldn't have a back left to turn, I'd have torn his spine from his body. But where's he looking? Oh no, Marie!

"The reports were not exaggerated my dear."

She's good, not speaking, not moving, just watching him. But what's he talking about? What reports? Oh, I got a feeling this situation about to dive from bad times into full on cluster fuck territory...brace yourself baby.

"Yes, you may be surprised, but I have heard many tellings of your beauty, your aptitudes, your prowess, and of your virtue too. It is unkind to be so un-generous child, especially when you have so many admires and such ample bounty to share."

That fucking, dirty...

"Wolverine, if you growl like that and interrupt me again I shall be forced to punish you. I detest people interrupting and I do so hate to teach them manners so do not try my patience. Those claws will do you no good and if you threaten me with them once more, I shall tear them from your body, are we clear?"

"I've been following you for some time you see. The Rogue, the rarest, but I caught you. And with just the right guard dog too. This one is simply riddled with weakness. Metal, its 'll through him and the mastery over it, that's my gift."

Bastard! There he is drivelling away, who knew he was hunting her? Damn it, following her and why....oh, fuck. I'm just catching snatches of Mags's words now - he's got my bones rattling so much, but I cannot believe what I just heard him say. I mean, I've done some work, and I can't say different but my Marie, an assassin? That's Mags big plan? Damn coward, can't even make his own kills.

Well question is, how the hell are we gonna get out of this now?
Chapter End Notes:
I'm sorry for the cliffhanger! The next chapter will be up sooooon. I can't believe we are only 2 hits away from 1000 views. Gratitude for support, reads and reviews!