Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a fan-created story. I do not own any of the characters. They are the property of Marvel Comics.
“Logan, would you come home? Mah stomach hurts” Marie beckoned as she spoke in the telephone receiver.

“I’m on my way Darlin.”

She clutched her stomach as the sharp pang of pain shot through her. She fell to the floor of her bedroom, doubled over in pain. She felt a wet sensation gradually and slowing seeping from her vagina. As she looked down on herself, she saw blood slowly seeping from her onto the floor.

Arhh, nnoo!!! No! Please, oh please, let this not be happening. Logan hurry, I’m losing hold of our child, I’m losing … our baby.

Five hours later, Logan arrived home. Marie managed to find the strength to greet him at the door. Just as he was entering, he stopped and looked at her. Not mentioning the state of her obvious dishevel, with blood stained clothes that she was still wearing, she knew that he had smelt the residue of blood and the change from her. He just looked so torn as he realized what had happened to her and he slowly backed away from her.

Believing that he was disgusted with her and blaming her for not having the strength to carry their child, reflexively she reached out and touched his hand. The pull began.

Oh no, not again, she thought.

Instantly, the image of him and Jean together came to the forefront of her mind. In hurt and shock, she immediately pulled away from him. Logan buckled over and collapsed onto the floor.

Ah, she realized, he was with Jean while I was losing our child.

She staggered over to the phone and called Jubilee.

“Hey yeah,”

“Jubilee, ah just miscarried and ah need some help cleaning up ah mess ah just made.”

“Oh my God Rogue! Are you okay? Okay, stupid question, I’m on my way.”



One Month Later

She was in the kitchen preparing lunch when she heard the phone ringing.

“Hello” she answered.

“Happy Valentine’s Day Darlin … ”

As she recognized his voice, her heart just broke at that moment and the tears just stared to fall uncontrollably.

“Logan, ah can’t, ah just can’t,” Marie sobbed and before her mind could register what she had done, she hung up the phone.

The tears began to fall and her entire body began to shake. And again,

without thinking,

through blurred eyes,

she picked up the telephone receiver and dialed Jubilee’s number.

She continued to sob as the phone rang in her ears. As she heard the phone being answered, through hiccups she managed to relay to Jubilee, “Logan just called.”

“We are on our way.” Jubilee replied with compassion and understanding.

Two hours later, Jubilee and Kitty were by her side consoling and supporting her. Within, she thanked Goddess for the friendship she shares with these two women.
Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading.