She holds his gaze defiantly. Her eyes burn with a desire so intense that it almost frightens him. He knows that she wants the same thing that he does.

He hesitates. He is returning her stare with equal hunger in his eyes, but is unwilling to make a move.

She swallows slowly, and his eyes break from hers to watch the movement of her throat. A drop of perspiration has come to rest in the hollow of her collarbone, and he sees the overhead light reflected in it.

His eyes continue their downward trek. The woman’s elbows rest on the counter. His eyes come to a rest on the pale, creamy mounds that are visible above her crossed forearms. His eyes narrow and his upper lip twitches.

She gives a snort through her nose. “You wish, Logan,” she sneers. “It’s never gonna happen.”

He leans forward, closing the distance between them. His eyes drill into hers, instantly wiping the sneer from her face. “You know what they say, darlin’. Never say never.” He reaches forward and catches a handful of brown and silver hair near her left temple. “You’ve been teasing me, Rogue.”

The young woman pulls back, but his grip on her hair is firm. Her eyes dart sideways toward the door, then return to his. All her flirtation of the last ten minutes is gone. She is quiet and serious now, and more than a little nervous. “Teasing you? No –"

He stops her protest with a short yank of the hair in his fist. “Yes. Teasing. You don’t want to do that, sweetheart.”

“Logan, I was just –"

His growl stops her words this time. His lips are curled in a feral snarl, and his eyes travel back down to the cool soft whiteness exposed between them. “Don’t give me that, girl. You weren’t ‘just’ anything. You know just what you’ve been doin’. What you’ve been doin’ to me. You come in here all innocence and big eyes. Makin’ small talk and smilin’ so sweet. But you tempt me – you purposely tempt me with what you say I can’t have. You put it right in front of me, make no attempt to cover it – hell, you do everything you can to make me fuckin’ drool over it.” He puts his nose to the hair in his hand and draws in a deep breath. “Mmm, you smell so good.” He brings his other hand forward, trails his fingers down her sleeve from shoulder to elbow.

Logan leans all the way forward, bringing his lips to her right ear, tickling her hair with his breath. “Rogue, you know what I came here for tonight. We both know you came here for the same thing. Just admit it – admit that you know what I want. Admit that you want to give it to me.”

She shakes her head as much as his grip allows. “No, Logan.”

“Baby, I’ve been waiting so long. I know you love me. Why won’t you just let me...” His voice trails off and he brings his face back enough that he can look into her eyes again. And then get another eyeful of the tempting orbs that she is only half succeeding in hiding with her arms.

“Logan. It’s just...it's *mine*.”

He releases her hair and she settles back in her chair, regaining a little personal space...

...but leaving the bowl with its two scoops of ice cream exposed.

The Wolverine springs, snatching the bowl and spoon before she can react.

She watches him walk out of the kitchen, his shoulders shaking with laughter. “Damn you, Logan, and your sweet talking ways.”

She smiles and settles for a box of ‘Nilla Wafers.