"Glad to have you back, One-Eye."

Scott only nodded. "Thanks."

"No, thank you," he answered, eyeing Rogue again. Logan couldn't help but gawk. She was exceptionally different in so many ways. He didn't even think she was aware just how much she had transformed since leaving Wetchester. It was still the same innocent, beautiful face, her defined pouty mouth, but her pin-straight hair had burst into a fiery thick mane that fell down her waist. Made her look all sorts of wild. And her eyes, God help him –her intense, soulful eyes, framed by her thick, long lashes, had become even more ripened with secret experiences he wanted to discover. But her bronzed stare avoided him like the plague and in all honesty, it was irritating the hell outta him.

Their interaction had been halted earlier when Ororo entered the room, apologizing to Scott for forgetting his signature visor in the plane. She also gave Rogue a bone-crushing hug. She barely contained her excitement about telling them about New Charles, but they knew it was better for the telepath to greet them himself. A good kind of surprise. So the two of them decided to keep mum about how they traced them here, but neither seemed concerned though.

"Here you go, Scott," Ororo said, handing the man his trusty shades. She couldn't keep the happy grin from her face, which was understandable, considering she had regained two of the most important people in her life. First her father –albeit younger, and now, the man she considered her brother. Taking the spectacles from her hand, Scott thanked her and slid it over his eyes. However, he remained quiet, unbearably so that Ororo had to ask him, "Scott, are you alright?"

The man just nodded, but remained speechless.

Ignoring the two intruders in their small abode, Rogue marched towards Scott and touched his wrists with her gloved hands. She crouched in front of him and gave his hands a squeeze.

Logan felt a strange feeling in his gut when he watched Rogue act so… intimate with the other man.What the fuck was going on here? But he wanted to see what happened next and like some sick fetish, he couldn't just turn away. Ororo was observing the two as well. Jaws and fists clenched, he was too tempted to bury his claws on the wall just to keep from lashing at Scott for touching someone that was his. He felt the blood drain from his face. What the fuck? Where did that come from?

"Hey," Rogue whispered. "It's OK to open your eyes now." She took his hands and let his fingers trace his visor, letting him feel its texture, let him trace the ruby-quartz lens that shielded the world from his eyes, and urged him on with a gentle voice, "Welcome back, Cyclops."

Even Ororo's eyes widened as she shot Logan a knowing look. He, on the other hand, wasn't as pleased. A growl was going to erupt from his throat in three, two…

"Wha…" Scott exclaimed in pure astonishment, drawing back, seeing Rogue for the first time. "D-did you look like that all along?"

"Bleh," Rogue retorted childishly and dropped his hands.

"You…" Scott swallowed nervously. "You're drop dead gorgeous!"

"Ehem," Logan cleared his throat loudly, though it sounded more like a growl. Ororo was quick to give him her attention, but took Rogue and Scott a few seconds to catch up. "Do you need help in packing?"

"No," Rogue answered quickly. "I'm sure Scott would prefer his clothes at the mansion." She glanced at him for confirmation, but Cyclops was still staring at her, transfixed. Actually, all of them were watching her curiously.

This time, it was Ororo who asked, "Rogue? Are you alri–"

"Of course I'm alright," she answered in a beat. "Are we leaving or what?"

Ororo nodded excitedly, her giddiness returning. She latched on Scott's arm, and dragged him out of the room eagerly. Before he left the place, he gave it one last regard, looked at Rogue again and yelled, "BRING MY HOODIE!" The door was left open and a cold breeze blew inside, but neither of the remaining occupants shivered.

The fist-sized muscle in Logan's ribcage was doing all kinds of summersaults. He glanced at her, but she found the open door more interesting than him. "Rogue?" he whispered gently, but she still didn't move. He wanted to pull her in his arms; remind himself of the warmth he knew so well ever since he had held her so close that second time he let her drain him. Maybe she needed to hear him saying her nickname for her, something familiar? "Kid?" he tried, but hurt flashed on her face instead. "Marie…"

Rogue picked up her bag by the door. "You can go ahead and wait by the plane. I'll just settle our bill."

He didn't know how to fix it. How can he take it back? Wolverine kept on kicking his ass in his mind. "Do you need money?" He felt taken aback when she –did she just snarl at him?

"I can pay for myself." Rogue placed her things on the bed. She was about to check the cabinet, but she stopped walking. "I said I'll follow you in the plane."

"Christ, Marie–"

"I'm tired, Logan. I need some time alone. Please leave."

Rogue said it with such conviction that all he could do was nod. He took a step towards the exit, but hesitated still. "Are you sure you're coming with us?" Because I will drag you in that damn plane if you say no. Don't say no, Marie. You can't.

"Yes," Rogue answered, putting his mind at rest, but she added aloofly before he left, "Scott needs me to be there."


Minutes later after their awkward reunion, they were on their flight back to New York. It was overwhelming, their little party of four, but Ororo was bubbling with energy, as was Scott. Logan and Rogue, however, were occupied with their own thoughts.

"Who's left to guard the school?" Scott asked anxiously.

You'd think he would start taking full control once he returned, but he easily declined Ororo's offer to co-pilot the Blackbird. On the other hand, maybe it was false humility, but some lame attempt to come between him and Rogue. Because Scott sat beside her while Logan sat across them.

Logan also noticed that he was cradling 'his hoodie', which he knew was Rogue's. Not only did it smell like her, but the big brown body warmer was Rogue's favorite garment whenever she was cold in the mansion. After hearing Scott's story, he knew it was probably the first decent thing he had worn since she found him.

He usually was a sarcastic bastard, but Logan only listened when Ororo answered Scott's question, "Pete and Bobby are great with the kids, you know. You trained them well."

Scott just chuckled and stared at the window. "I've never been this excited riding a plane before," he jested, glancing at his female seat mate.

They looked like they were in their own little world again, Logan noted, which was annoying as fuck.

But what more could he ask for?

The important thing is, he placated himself, she's here. She's finally here.

And you better keep it that way, bub, Wolverine warned.

Bet your ass I would.


"Rogue, do you need a vomit bag?" Scott said, a frown on his face. "You look like you're going to hurl your breakfast."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Do not." Actually, it's because Logan won't stop staring at me. She gave Scott a light shove on the arm and stared out the window on the other side of the plane. She wondered if she could fly faster than the Blackbird. She wanted to find out, but now wasn't such a good time. Her skin prickled again, and as expected, she found those haunting hazel eyes of his boring into hers. Damn it, she cursed, having fallen into his trap of finally looking at him. She resorted to staring at her gloves, and used that to concentrate on what happened to her this week.

I'm touchable, she thought. I should be rejoicing!

Marie's fantasies bloomed in her head, the one about kissing Logan right on the lips with tongue, but he was just right in front of her and she hoped to the heavens that her invulnerability spared her from blushing. But one can only hope so much, and Scott, the one person she trusted to save her in this situation, decided to tease her again.

"If it weren't for my visor, I would have said you were blushing."

Rogue's eyes widened at him, and her face felt like it had definitely caught on fire when she heard Logan snicker. Somehow, it was the other female who saved her as she proceeded to tell them about things they missed the past month: Hank was in the UN, Bobby was currently training the junior X-Men team, and Logan was actually teaching classes on his own.

"The ones that matter," Logan piped in. "The manly classes."

"SEXIST!" Rogue and Ororo chorused, and Scott was the first to burst out with laughter. He probably caught himself looking out of character because Logan regarded him with a shocked expression on his face.

"What?" Scott asked in a defensive tone. "People change."

"Glad you finally lost that stick, Scooter."

"Don't start–"

"That stick up your ass."

Rogue only rolled her eyes when they began their senseless, albeit light-hearted bickering. Thankful for the distraction, she closed her eyes and tried to rest until they arrived at the school grounds. After a while, her senses told her to wake up.

Scott had a grin on his face. The mansion was there, waiting. She felt comforted that he was taking this rather well. At least he was happy, like he was coming home. As they got down the plane, they heard it loud and clear:

Welcome back home, lady and gentleman.

Rogue and Scott jumped when they heard the familiar greeting. They gawked at each other and then turned their gazes to Ororo and Logan.

"Professor…?" Scott recovered quickly and dashed inside the mansion without another word.

Rogue, on the other hand, only watched the trail where he had left. "He's alive?"

"Ah… It's quite hard to explain," Ororo admitted with a confused look on her face. She placed an arm around Rogue, who remained immobile where she stood. "Take your time, Rogue. I'm just glad you're back!" After giving her another squeeze, Ororo waved goodbye and followed Scott.

I'm not staying, she replied in her head. Rogue felt the need to bolt, fly back to Canada even if it took forever. And it was inevitable, that she was finally left alone with Logan, who was observing her so intently from behind. If only he stared at her because of her perky bottom, but she knew it was because of something else.

"Kid, Marie…"

It was a knife plunged through her gut –and it's not because he called her 'kid' or he still says her name like she's the most precious thing in his life. She wanted nothing more but to turn around and wrap her arms around him and say how much she'd missed him. Say his name again and let him feel just how much she'd sacrificed to be with him. But she couldn't. Right now, she was Marie, the coward who loved him with all her heart, who would rather die than hurt him intentionally. Sputtering about needing to see the Professor, she ran, far away from the man she considered the love of her life.

How can I face him, Rogue thought, when I killed his brother in cold blood?

But the secret was that she did not regret it –everything.

Not one bit.