Author's Chapter Notes:
Logan moves on and does what he wants... Consequences abound! And Jubilee to the rescue...

I hope you enjoy the next 4!!!! Count 'em, 4 chapter update!
My thanks to tamisnead for being awesome!!!
Boat House
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
2:00 P.M.

After his meeting with Xavier, Logan went out to the boat house to relax. They had come up with a little something resembling a plan. Just wait… Don’t make any hasty decisions to make the situation worse and maybe Marie would come around in time. The Wolverine didn’t like it but he wasn’t exactly in charge at the moment. Trying it the animals’ way got the man into the mess they were in. Hank was covering some of Logan’s less active courses. The advanced self-defense classes were canceled for the rest of the week because Logan didn’t want to give up that duty. Storm could teach them the basics again if necessary. He picked up a Molson and headed into the living room. He plucked off the lid and let the cool brown class touch his lips. Marie’s words began to echo in his head…

‘You lied to meh, ah don’t want them anymore, and ah’m callin’ off the weddin’…’ he thought about what she said.

Then his eye caught the box of that movie about his life… And things suddenly shifted… For the worse… The Wolverine took over and told him that fine, if she didn’t want him then he was gonna do whatever the hell he wanted and not wait to watch the rest of the movie with her. He was going to wait and watch it with her but now that the wedding was off, why wait, right? All the plans he’d made with Xavier went out the window… The next minute Logan was up and grabbing the remote off of the opposite end of the couch’s table. He turned on the flat screen and the DVD player. The menu came on and he found where he’d left off…

The fight was over and Logan’s bone under the adamantium tingled as he watched Victor break his bone claws. The animal began to itch to be let out… He watched as he inevitably ended up in the emergency room. And there appeared the son of a bitch that began his nightmare. Stryker… Part of him was enormously proud that he’d managed to capture and kill him after he had tried to mess with his life and the lives of those around him. He hated that his victory was bittersweet because he’d also lost Jean…

‘I can help you he says…’ The Wolverine growled in his head.

“Fuck, I should have killed him then…” Logan said as he took another swig of beer. “The hell I can’t kill him…”

Logan considered ignoring what Chuck had to say and finish the job he’d started out trying to do decades ago… Sure, he could break into the holding area down below and slit his cotton-pickin’ throat…

‘So, I was a Captain… Tools, you call these tools?’ The Wolverine thought before Logan released the claws in his left hand. ‘Dammit, I should have walked out and done things my way… More pain than any man could survive? What the fuck?’

“What we were looking for in Africa…” Logan began to search his memory and couldn’t come up with an answer. “So that’s where the name came from… Volunteer!”

The animal broke free and came forward in Logan’s mind. He howled as he watched the bonding process… He felt the burning pain all over again, surging through his body. He cried out in pain like he’d never felt before, and really, he hadn’t because he couldn’t remember the previous time. His head hurt the most but Logan tried to steel his pain until he could make it through the movie. As he kept going with the distraction if the film he felt the pains subside.

“Smooth move ex-lax…” Logan spoke as he watched himself destroy the small bathroom. “Fuck, they didn’t have to die like that.”

He considered trying to go back and buy the property the couple was incinerated on. He took some satisfaction in killing Agent Zero.

“What the fuck! Hunting mutants?”

‘Victor was with Stryker,’ the animal couldn’t believe it… Then the man realized that he had been played and he had fallen right into the trap they had set for him. Reality sucked…

“Wait, what fuckin’ deal?!? So that’s when I met that Cajun rat…”

Logan sat on the couch now feeling quite numb. So many things in his life had gone wrong… God he hated flying…

‘So that’s where Scooter came from…’

“What the hell!?!?!?!” Logan screamed as he saw Kayla again…

Hearing Kayla scream made him go back and take Victor down. He should have killed him then he realized but at the time Victor was the only family he had. The problem was that he continued to see the good in Victor. No, he wasn’t the animal… Victor was.

“Finally Stryker shut him up… Hah! I did rescue One Eye’s ass first…”

He was quite shocked when Victor actually came to help destroy what he had helped Stryker and his team create.

“Fuck yeah!” Logan yelled as he watched Deadpool die at the end of his claws.

Logan tried to be the bigger man and helped Victor up from where Deadpool had him pinned. He told him that they were through and Victor told him that brothers look out for each other. He had to smirk at that. Victor hadn’t looked out for him, he’d created more problems for him, like he’d tried to kill the woman he loved… Again. His lips tingled when he saw the actor representing him kiss Kayla for the last time. It wasn’t as good as Marie’s kisses though. And then it happened and Logan saw how he lost the woman he loved, his memory, and how he got his name. Remy had confirmed what his tags had said. His heart wrenched as he saw Kayla for the last time. He should have buried her but there was no time.

“Fuck, you gotta be shittin’ me. Deadpool is alive and he can talk?”

The Wolverine and the man had finally seen a major part of his history and his pains suddenly came roaring back as the floodgates of his mind opened up. He felt dizzy and his head hurt tremendously. And just as Lily predicted… Logan experienced his catastrophe… All the guilt and emotional pain hit him hard and he experienced his own nervous breakdown. It was too much for his mind to handle and he literally went mad in his head. Nothing was working right, especially with his healing. He mentally cried out for help as the beer bottle fell from his hand and he blacked out before he fell to the floor. Memories with Kayla flashed by along with memories of his childhood before the death of both his fathers mixed with his life on the road and memories of Marie… The really dangerous thing is that he still hadn’t seen his whole history, yet…


Headmaster’s Office
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
5:00 P.M.

After his meeting with Logan over the situation with Marie, Charles thought it best to keep an open mind, slightly focused in to the stressed man’s thoughts. He was filling out a form faxed from the Disney people to help plan the activities for the wedding party. Jubilee and Ororo had done their parts and it was his turn to add anything he thought might be a good activity. He was signing his name to the form when he suddenly heard Logan cry out for help. Charles picked up the phone and called Hank in the Med Lab with instructions to get a heavy sedative like they gave Sabretooth; to also bring a gurney out to the Boat House. It was a matter of a few minutes and Hank arrived with Moira to take care of Logan. Charles went right away to the infirmary and began to prep the machines Hank would need like the brain electricity monitors, and heart rate monitors.

Soon, Hank returned with Logan on the gurney; Moira followed with Hank’s bag and holding the saline bag of fluids. Then both went to work hooking him up to get very important vitals to find out why Logan wasn’t recovering as fast as they assumed that he should be. The alcohol should have already been processed and he should be knitting things back together… But something wasn’t right. His breathing was very shallow and he was still unconscious. Charles wondered if his mind was so damaged that it might be causing his healing factor to go haywire. He tried to stay out of Hank and Moira’s way as he grabbed a chair by the doorway.

“I don’t know what is happening, Charles. His breathing shouldn’t be this low. I have his blood samples and I am about to analyze them. Moira will be around to monitor his vital information.”

“Good. I don’t want Marie to be told anything for a few days. I must try to get into that thick skull of his and see if I can repair the damage. He sounded so frightened when he cried out for help.”

“I am surprised that he called out for help,” Hank said as he looked at Xavier.

“I don’t know what happened and you’re right, if he called for help he must have been truly frightened.”


Caldicott-Howlett Apartment
Thornwood, NY.
11:00 A.M.

Marie took in Logan’s words… But she was numb. She didn’t feel anything other than depression. She was so tired. She waited until she heard the front door slam before she came out of the bathroom again. There was a clear path to the welcoming bed. Totally forgotten was calling off her wedding and hurting the man she loved. Marie climbed back in to bed as a sudden wave of hormones hit and she began to cry for apparently no reason. There were plenty of reasons but she didn’t recognize any of them, like grieving the loss of her parents, her fiancé, and her life as she knew it. She cried herself to slumber away the pain…


Jubilee pulled up in her little lemon yellow smart car about 5:00 in the early evening. She’d been trying to reach her Roguey to girl talk for a while and her cell phone must have been off because it kept going into voice mail… And Jubilee was not to be avoided this pregnant. She waddled up to the door and began to knock. Then she incessantly began to knock when Marie wasn’t up and answering the door. Her persistent banging on the door wasn’t working. She harrumphed and pulled out her little B & E kit from her purse. In seconds, she was inside the living room.

“Roguey, where are you?”

From the living room, she found the bathroom, and then she found the master bedroom where Marie was sleeping away. Jubilee stood at Logan’s side of the bed and turned on the light before she carefully sat down on the bed. Her best friend was facing her with her eyes closed.

“Chica, you gotta wake up. I need you right now. I can’t just girl talk with myself, ya know.”

Marie didn’t open her eyes as she actually growled at Jubilee. But the yellow wonder was not to be ignored.

“Come on Marie, you gotta wake up.”

She finally opened her eyes and Jubilee sighed.

“I don’t like seeing you like this, chica. You gotta get up and get over this so we can go shopping. That always makes you feel better.”

“No Jubes, I don’t gotta wake up. No Jubes, you like to go shopping because it makes you feel better,” Marie said and closed her eyes.

“But Roguey…”

“Get out Jubes, just get out,” Jubilee knew that she was isolating herself on purpose.

She knew that if she gave up, Marie would spiral downward again. She’d heard about her attempt at suicide and partially blamed herself. If she had been there more for her after she’d been released from the infirmary, maybe Marie wouldn’t have tried to kill herself. It was a ridiculous idea that she could have stopped her best friend, but she still felt the guilt.

“No Marie, I won’t. I love you too much. I don’t want to lose my best friend,” she emotionally voiced.

Jubilee decided to try a different tactic she learned when the Professor helped her get over the loss of her parents. She needed to get Marie to tell her things she did with her parents and focus a little bit on the memories of her past.

“Tell me something good about your mother, chica.”


Marie growled and groaned as she opened her eyes. She rolled over and Jubilee kept her from pulling the covers over her head. She really didn’t want to do this with Jubes but she knew how she could be. She was right up there with Logan in the annoying category. If she was going to do this, she decided she needed some food. And then her stomach confirmed this need as a rowdy growl came from her abdomen.

“Damn girl, when did you last eat?”

“Ah don’t know. Logan tried but ah wasn’t in the mood to eat.”

“Well, I think I’m gonna order us a couple pizzas and we’re gonna talk a while.”

“Feed meh and ah will try to give it my best,” she moaned.

“’Kay, what d’ya think you want on it?”

“Ah don’t care, you know what ah lahk.”

Jubilee whipped out her phone and started callin’ the nearest pizza place after calling 411. Marie got up and looked herself in the mirror on her dresser. Her reflection didn’t shock her into action like it should have after not showering in a few days. She kept staring at herself and didn’t notice when Jubilee’s face appeared on her shoulder.

“Go hit the shower, missy. You stink, chica.”

Marie couldn’t respond; that would require energy; showering now meant energy was a necessity. She just stood there and then she felt Jubilee pushing her towards the bathroom. She marched her right into the beautiful room. Turquoise and white tiles lined the walls while black slate lined the shower walls. The bench in the shower had the same slate tiles and a large glass door stood in front of Marie.

“You need help gettin’ nekkid,” Jubilee asked her.

She sighed, “No, ah got it. Ah got it.”

“’Kay, I’m gonna go wait for the pizza, when I come back, I want you clean and dressed.”

“Yes, mother hen,” Marie’s sarcasm came out.

Then she had a vision of her dead mother and she shivered.

“I’m not one yet… Now go get busy, march!” Jubilee teased.

Marie rolled her eyes as she started to pull up on her shirt.


Jubilee paid for the pizza about fifteen minutes later. She set things up in the dining room with plates, glasses, and silverware. Then she went back into the bedroom. Marie was in the closet looking for something to wear. She stood there in a white towel fingering her clothing, seemingly unsure of what to put on. She sighed, put her head down, and gave up.

“Have a seat Roguey, I’ll find something,” she said and led Marie to sit on the bed.

Ten minutes later, Jubilee had her dressed in a pair of white shorts and an eggplant purple tank top. Then she led her into the dining room, marching the poor soul of her best friend in to the food she promised. The pizza stayed warm inside the boxes. She served up Marie a slice from each box and did the same for herself.

“Now, take a bite and then tell me some good things you remember about your mom.”

Jubilee watched her friend look at the food a couple minutes as if it would move on its own. Then Marie finally picked a piece up and dove into it before Jubilee would have to ask if she needed help eating as well.


“Ah can’t. It hurts too much.” The only thing that Marie felt looking back over her memories was loneliness…

“How about something about your dad?”

“Um… Ah don’t have very many good ones of him. Ah remember him as a racist prick. He always had some kind of comment about people who were different than we were. But then ah became a mutant and then ah was different. So ah had to leave because he didn’t want a ‘Mutie’ under his roof.”

“I’m sorry for you, but I’m not sorry for him. Him forcing you out brought you to Logan who brought you to me.”

Marie’s head suddenly hurt. Logan… What had she done to Logan? She remembered what she’d tried to forget by trying to sleep the morning away. The headache was growing by the second.

“Mah head hurts. Ah should go lay down until it goes away.”

“No Marie. I’m not gonna let ya,” she said as she popped out a bottle of Tylenol out of her purse. “Take one and keep eating your lunch. You need to keep your strength up. I ain’t gonna let you waste away until there’s nothin’ left to stuff into your wedding dress we carefully picked out.”

“Ah don’t need a wedding dress.”

“Yes you do, you’re gettin’ married.”

“Not anymore.”

“WHAT?”

“Ah called off the wedding,” Marie said and shied away from Jubilee; waiting for the incoming verbal attack.

“You WHAT? Oh no… Hell no, you’re not callin’ off this wedding, chica dear. I forbid it. No, you can’t walk away. Now what is your good excuse for calling off what could possibly be the best wedding of all time,” Jubilee wanted to know as she tapped her foot on the hardwood floor.
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you had a good Thanksgiving... Here's something to give thanks for... 3 more chapters!!! Thanks for your reviews in advance!!! Now go hit next!