Author's Chapter Notes:
Howdy Everybody!!!

I am sorry for such a long wait! But now, the holidays are over and I am back on track...

Marie and Ororo head south... And Marie takes care of business!

I hope you enjoy and please review! My muses are hungry!
Bon Temps Regional Airport
Bon Temps, LA.
12:00 P.M.

Ororo received clearance through Charles to land at the Bon Temps Regional Airport. He helped to control the tower workers to not pay attention to the uber-expensive fighter jet about to land on an unused runway. Charles had also seen to the rental vehicle waiting for them once she had parked the Blackbird out of the way. The invisibility cloak was activated and the two women left the plane. The blue Honda Pilot was decent enough for driving but Marie wished he had set up something a little bigger. She missed the black Suburban she and Logan had driven around in. They were heading to redneck truck country and the vehicle they had seemed too small in comparison. Oh well, on with business… Marie had flown down right away instead of waiting so that she could go visit her cousin Sookie and be around just about the only family she had left, at least until she married Logan that is… But didn’t she call off the wedding? Crap, she would have to fix that when she got home. She hoped that Logan hadn’t taken her too seriously when she’d said what she’d said.

Fortunately, it was only going to be a few minutes more to drive out to the farmhouse. Marie had Ororo stop in at the store and stock up on supplies or anything they might need while they were there. She offered to pay for whatever Marie wanted because she wanted to help her friend feel better. She knew what it was like to lose parents but she hadn’t experienced the horror that Marie had. A little financial help was her way to keeping her ties connected to the young woman. She hoped that she wouldn’t cut her off like she had Logan. Ororo did most of the driving as well, going on Marie’s directions, of course. Marie didn’t trust herself to drive as she considered her emotions.


Sookie Stackhouse’s Residence
Bon Temps, LA.
1:00 P.M.

Ororo parked the car out in front of the old farmhouse. It did indeed need repairs as Sookie had told them when she was trying to make moves on Logan… Speaking of moves, what the hell was that sound? She heard growling, grunts, and moans coming from nearby. Marie shushed Ororo and they both snuck off in the direction of the noises. Down by the water, Sookie and Alcide were having an outdoor picnic… And getting their dessert on by the sounds of it. Marie spotted them before Alcide could scent her. She’d learned a thing or two about sneaking up on feral animals since she’d been around Logan. So, she went back to the vehicle and activated the emergency alarm on the handheld key remote. The two lovers couldn’t not hear the car alarm going off; it kept getting louder and louder as it played different chimes and chirps. Marie was just going to let it play until she got a response out of whatever was in the flora and fauna.

Suddenly, Alcide shirtless and in nothing but his cut-off jeans, came stumbling out from the bushes. He growled at first ready to attack, until he saw the dark woman with white hair and Sookie’s practically twin cousin standing against their vehicle with their arms crossed under their breasts and laughing… He got this dumb look on his face like he didn’t understand why they were there. Then Sookie Stackhouse appeared behind him in her bra as she was pulling her t-shirt back over her head. Marie just couldn’t help herself. She hadn’t had such a good laugh in a while… It even sounded good to her ears. She hoped this good mood wasn’t fleeting.

“Hiya Cuz,” she spoke and gave Sookie a hug.

“Hi… What are…” Sookie tried to ask before Marie cut her off.

“Ah came back to bury mah parents.”

“Ah was so sorry to hear ‘bout it. Anything ah can do? Where’s that man of yours?”

“Left him at home… Anyway,” Marie tried to change the subject. “This here’s Ororo Munroe. She’s a friend of mine from New York.”

“Hi, pleased to meetcha,” Sookie spoke although disappointed that Logan didn’t come but sincerely shook Ororo’s hand that she was glad to meet the weather goddess.

“Same here.”

“That big ape headed to his truck and leaving meh here’s Alcide Herveaux, ah’m Marie’s cousin, Sookie Stackhouse.”

“Ah was just gittin’ ta that…” Marie chimed in. “He’s lahk Logan, only more growly.”

“He’s actually a werewolf.”

“Wow, I didn’t know they existed,” Ororo was genuinely surprised, she thought her husband, Logan, and Victor Creed were about as feral as mutants got.

“You got room for two guests in the big house? It’s just for a few days. We’ve got to go to Meridian on Friday to the readin’ of the wills. Then after that we’ve got to head out to the mortuary and then bury them at Templestaff before we head home on Sunday.”

“No problem with meh. The guest room’s open.”

“Well, ah was thinkin’ more lahk slumber party styahl. We brought supplies…”

“Sounds lahk fun. Ah’ll have Alcide stand guard outside. We don’t need no panty raids tonaht… You’ll have to watch out for Bill and Eric… They lahk biting first and asking questions later,” she warned the two women.

“Biting? I’m spoken for,” Ororo voiced.

“Sugah, vampires don’t care if you’re hitched or not. If you’ve got blood they want, they’ll take it no matter if you’re married, straight, or gay. Although, Bill’s a little more cautious before he bites. Eric just takes what he wants. Alcide’s pretty good protectin’ meh from the biters,” she sighed. “Ah do so love bein a fur-banger though. They’re so much warmer…” Ororo looked at her oddly.

“Fur-banger?”

“She means people lahk Hank, Logan, Alcide… You know, with an abundance of hair everywhere.”

“Yeah, don’t know what a Hank is, but fur-banger refers to people who lahk to fuck weres or anything with fur. The other term we have around here is fang-banger. Those are people that get off on fuckin’ vampires.”

“Hank is my husband, a feral mutant.”

“Gee, ah guess that makes you and ah fur-bangers,” Marie laughed, Ororo smiled.

“Maybe we aughta start a club, Cuz,” Sookie laughed. “Well, let meh help you both get settled and decide what we wanna do tonight durin’ our party. Have ya’ll eaten lunch yet?”

“Sorta. We ate on the road,” Marie dug in the back of the Pilot and grabbed a couple bags of groceries before she followed Sookie.

“Well, ah’m starved since Alcide took lunch with him… Ah’ll make meh somethin’ in a sec.”

“Go ahead and fix you somethin’ Sookie, ah can settle us in. Ah remember where the guest room is.”


The Living Room
Sookie Stackhouse’s Residence
Bon Temps, LA.
8:30 P.M.

Just after sunset, Alcide Herveaux sat guard over the She-Pack inside the house. The three ladies were in their pajamas, t-shirts, and shorts sets, ready to party. Marie took up a spot in the middle of the dark colored couch. There were bowls of snacks, plenty of bottles of alcohol, and various beautifying products were spread out on the coffee table, ready for use. The question had been asked of Marie, how she was doing…

“Ah wasn’t doin’ so well in the beginning, but now… Ah’m not so sure ah’m doin’ better. Ah nearly killed mahself and then when ah got better, ah called off mah weddin’… So, ah’m not so sure ah’m all right.”

Ororo frowned before she took a sip of her small mug of tea.

“Ah think that’s a mistake Cuz, you gotta go make up with that man… He came all the way down here to take care of business for you. Ah’d even snap him up mahself if ah wasn’t already attached to Alcide.”

“Ah know ah should, ah’m just not in the mood ah guess. Ah do love Logan and all…”

“But you’re not done closing this chapter in your life. You haven’t put the book of your past away yet before opening the book of the future,” Ororo finished Marie’s sentence before she dove her Scoops chip into the salsa.

“Yeah… Maybe once ah get all this crap taken care of, maybe ah can move on with mah original life path…” Marie voiced before she picked up a dark chocolate covered pretzel and popped it in her mouth.

“What’s in your plans anyway…? Do you need me to come with ya?”

“Well, ah have to go to the mortuary and pick up mah parents. Then we have to trek over to the lawyer’s office and do the wills. Then we get to fly home and get back to our different kind of normal. Nah, you can stay here. We’ve gotta drive a little over five hours to get to Meridian. Unless you wanna help drive?”

“Ah’m sure Sam will let me have the tahm off.”

“Actually, it might not be a bad idea. We could each drive an hour and then the last two anyone can take if they feel up to it. It might fell like we’re getting there faster,” Ororo said as she grabbed a chip from the pile of nachos Sookie had made for the party.

“Then it’s settled…” Sookie spoke before she realized her glass was emptied again. “Seriously, you should go home and grovel on your knees in front of that man of yours until he takes you back; preferably with his zipper down.”

“Sookie,” Marie exclaimed in shock, although she knew her cousin was right.

“She might have a point Marie…” Ororo joked with a smile.

“Oh you two… Ah’ll think it over. Now, who’s up for paintin’ toes?”


The Kitchen
Sookie Stackhouse’s Residence
Bon Temps, LA.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
8:00 A.M.

Alcide Herveaux was up early, well up late actually since he hadn’t slept last night. He’d watched over the She-Pack asleep in the living room through the night so that fangers and weres stayed away. His sensitive hearing picked up on the conversation about driving and thought it was a bad idea to let the three women drive. One was going to be an emotional wreck, another would be hung over, and the white haired one couldn’t drive all that way on her own. Alcide decided last night after the one beer he’d had that he would do all the driving. He was sure all their chattering in the vehicle would keep him awake. He snuck into the house as quiet as he could and went to work making breakfast for the three ladies. Toast, fluffy scrambled eggs, and sausage links filled the table. Coffee would be ready in a few minutes. First one up was Sookie. She smelled the sausage and came to investigate.

“Mornin’ sugah,” she said before she gave him quick lips to lips kisses.

He growled his approval of her greeting. He turned his back to her as he began to fill a cup of coffee for Sookie and himself. He left the power button on to keep the pot warm for Sookie’s guests.

“When are you all planning on leavin’?”

“Soon. Ah should go get them up.”

“No need, we’re up,” Marie hollered from the living room.

“Holler for me when you’re ready to go. I’ll be back,” Alcide spoke before he finished his cup of coffee and headed out the door.


After the three ladies made a killing of the breakfast fare, they set about cleaning up and packing up their luggage to hit the road. When they were about to load Marie and Ororo’s vehicle, they found Alcide cat napping in the driver’s seat. He had gone out as an animal and fed on something tasty in the area to give him the boost in energy he needed. The coffee helped his human side, but the animal needed to feed sometimes three times a day. His body was processing what he’d eaten and that sometimes made him sleepy.

“Alcide, what the fuck are you doin?” Sookie laughed.

The poor man shocked himself awake. He growled.

“I’m drivin’, get in.”

“He awake enough to drive,” Marie asked her cousin.

Ororo put their bags in the back and closed the door. Then Marie shrugged and got in the back seat with her friend. Sookie climbed in and sat next to Alcide. Once they were all belted in Alcide started the engine. Soon they were on the road to Marie’s old hometown to go meet with the lawyer and get the wills read ahead of time. He would be surprised to see her since she told him she wouldn’t be able to meet with him until Friday.


Law Offices of Borden, Cross, and Sheppard.
Meridian, MS.
2:00 P.M.

Well it didn’t work out like Alcide planned. They ended up taking the driving in teams. Alcide and Sookie started out the trip. Ororo and Marie finished the drive. When they arrived in town a little before 1:30, they all agreed they needed to stop for lunch. After a half an hour lunch at a burger joint, they ended up at the law offices of Borden, Cross, and Sheppard. Marie felt a little chilled as she exited the Pilot.

“I’ll stay here,” Alcide spoke when the ladies got out.

“Ah’ll stay with him,” Sookie added.

Marie entered the law offices. Ororo held her arm for support. Behind the receptionist desk a large logo adorned the wall. To the right were a set of ornate oak double doors and to the left held another couple of sets of the same doors.

“How can ah help you?”

“Marie Caldicott to see Mister Alexander Sheppard. Thank you.”

“Wait right here. I will be back,” the woman in her mid-twenties said, most likely a Yankee by her accent.

Marie and Ororo took up two seats against the wall on the right. It wasn’t but a few minutes and she came back to retrieve Marie.

“Miss Caldicott, Mr. Sheppard will see you now but your guest will have to stay here for the reading of the wills.”

“It’s alright Marie, go, I’ll be fine. Remember, you can do this.”

“Ah know. Ah don’t know what ah’m so nervous for…”


The woman led Marie to the double doors of Alexander Sheppard. She opened one and allowed her to enter. The man was about five foot six and had a beer gut covered by a suit; plus a bad comb-over. He looked a little like Donald Trump… His mouth was even that small and made him look like a fish. Marie mentally groaned. This was not going to be a fun afternoon, she could already tell. He held up his sweaty hand for Marie to shake. Normally, if it was anyone else she might have taken it, but this wasn’t going to be one of the times she did. She felt that if she shake the man’s hand she’d come down with some deadly disease. He must have sensed her hesitation and instead pointed to the chair across from his desk.

“Ah must say, Miss Caldicott, ah wasn’t expecting you so soon.”

“Ah was able to get time off of mah work to come down here to take care of business. A friend of mahn flew meh down. Ah have to return on Sunday.”

“Ah see. Let meh see ah have the wills here somewhere,” he said as he began to push aside papers and move others on his messy desk.

Marie rolled her eyes and wondered why the hell her parents had chosen this nutcase as their lawyer. She wondered if her father had been trying to be cheap and just looked the firm up in the phonebook. Her mother probably went along with it because her father told her what to do.

“Ah, here they are. We have to record the reading of the wills. Please state your birth name for the record,” he said as she watched him hit the record button on a personal tape recorder.

“Anna Marie D’ Ancanto. Ah now go by Anna Marie Caldicott.”

“Ah’m Alexander Sheppard from the law firm of Borden, Cross, and Sheppard on this twenty-third day of the month of June. In the year of our Lord, two thousand and ten. We are here today to read the wills of one Owen D’ Ancanto and one Priscilla D’ Ancanto, recently deceased parents of Miss Anna Marie D’ Ancanto.”

Marie reached for a few Kleenex tissues from the box on the man’s desk. She wasn’t crying yet, but she wanted to be prepared.

“Ah, Owen D’ Ancanto, do hereby solemnly swear that ah am of sound mahnd and body. Ah hereby bequeath nothing to mah daughter. She’s a damned mutant. Ah leave everything ah own to mah wife. The house, mah car, mah boats, the money, everything goes to her in the event of mah death.”

She couldn’t help but let out a sigh of relief. She didn’t want any of his crap anyway.

“Ah am terribly sorry, that’s all there is. And don’t be alarmed… Ah don’t care if you’re a mutant. Ah was here for the beginnings of the Civil Rights. Ah marched with the King.”
Chapter End Notes:
Yes, there is a space to beam me up a review and then you can hit the next button... :)