Author's Chapter Notes:
Logan recovers... Jubilee steps in and Marie runs...

Hope you like it!! Chapter 13 is in the works!
Logan spotted Marie in her classroom, her back to the door, and decided not to bother her. Xavier gave him another day off to take it easy since he’d just gotten out of the infirmary. He felt fine and wanted to get back to teaching his full schedule. However, just looking at Marie through the small glass pane, he decided that maybe there was something to taking the extra time off. His mind drifted off to spending the day in bed with Marie… She was teaching so that plan went by the wayside. Maybe he could catch her for a quickie around lunch? A quickie conversation that is. He considered whisking her away to the boat house for lunch. Satisfied with that plan he went down to the gym to work out.


Headmaster’s Office
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
12:00 P.M.

Marie decided to catch the Professor before he left for lunch… She popped her head around his door.

“Do you have a minute?”

“Take as many as you need,” Charles answered her.

“May ah borrow the Blackbird? Ah have a couple errands ah need to take care of.”

“I know all about it.”

“How?”

“Jubilee has a way of projecting her thoughts to me when she’s upset. She said she thought I should know,” he said as he tapped his head.

“Oh. Well, can I?”

“Only if you allow someone to go with you. How long will you be gone?”

“Ah had planned to be back on Sunday. Is that too long?”

“Logan is up and about. I thought you might want to know.”

“Oh… If ah don’t see him, tell him ah will be back on Sunday and not to worry about meh.”

“I’d have you take Jubilee with you but she can’t fly now that she’s due soon.”

“Ah’ll ask Ororo. She can fly meh down and then come home. Ah could call and be back here by Sunday night.”

“That sounds like a decent offer, however that wastes more gas. Just take Ororo with you and I am sure she could enjoy a short break from Charlie.”

“Okay. Ah have to leave today. The lawyer wants to read the wills on Friday. Ah had thought about visiting mah cousin in Louisiana before ah hafta deal with the bodies and paperwork.”

“I see. Are you sure you don’t want to take Logan with you?”

“No, ah need to do this by mahself. Takin’ ‘Ro with meh will be better than Logan raht now. He’s too much of a distraction and ah need to focus. Ah love him but ah have too many things on mah mind to focus on him and our relationship.”

“I will inform the students at lunch that your class has been canceled for the rest of the week. Have a safe journey, Marie,” Charles stood and walked around his desk.

He wrapped an arm around Marie into a comforting half hug.

“Remember it will all work out for the best. If you need any assistance, I am a phone call away.”

“Thanks so much. There’s no way ah could repay you for everything.”

“You’re welcome.”

“One more thing. Could you steer Logan away from ‘Ro and meh until we leave? Ah don’t want him to know ah’m goin’ home.”

“I will take care of it right now. Stay here a moment,” the Professor spoke before he went to work using the Brain Phone.

He sent Logan to check the gas levels in the tanks outside of the garage. Then he informed Ororo that she was to meet Marie in the hanger as soon as possible. And no, uniforms were not necessary.

“It has been taken care of. I hope you have a good time. I know it all won’t be enjoyable, but try to have some fun.”

“Ah know ah will. The hard part will be havin’ too much fun and not wantin’ to come back.”

“Let’s hope that won’t be the case,” he smiled.

“Ah’ll try not,” Marie returned his smile.


The Garage
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
12:35 P.M.

Logan got the call from Chuck about checking the gas levels because he needed to know if he needed to order more fuel. He wanted to protest and say that he’d already checked them, but it had been a while since he’d last completed the task. Most of the vehicles were at full tanks. The school’s reserve tanks below ground were about a quarter of the way down. Xavier would only have to refill it if he thought it was necessary. Logan was checking on his bike’s gas level when he felt the ground beneath his feet shake. He knew they weren’t having an earthquake… It only meant one thing. There was a mission… He ran out of the garage to see the Blackbird get smaller and smaller as it flew through the sky. Was there a mission he hadn’t heard about? If so, who was on the expensive plane? He knew for certain that it wasn’t Jubilee because Hank had told her she was in the ‘No Fly Zone,’ with her pregnancy.

He ran into the mansion and upstairs. Marie’s closet was open and there was some clothing missing. Her duffel bag that she came to the school with all those years ago was missing as well. Marie was running? It didn’t sound right. Chuck had just gotten done telling him this morning that Marie had changed her feelings towards him… Now where had she gone? Was she even gone? Maybe she’d taken the duffel down to the laundry room. She sometimes did that, yeah that had to be it. But first he was going to go see Charles at lunch…


Dining Hall
First Floor
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
1:00 P.M.

Lunch was going on full swing when Logan arrived. He grabbed something for lunch from the buffet display Charles paid for daily. His appetite was still sorely lacking since he’d only grabbed an apple and a donut off of the small table for breakfast. Then he went to take up a seat at the Instructor’s table. Marie was missing and… Ororo was missing as well. He took up her place the table.

“Good afternoon, Wolvie,” Jubilee spoke before she gobbled up a forkful of potato salad.

“Jubes,” Logan nodded his head and turned his attention to Charles. “Where’s Marie?”

“She said to tell you not to worry and that she would return on Sunday.”

“Is she with ‘Ro?”

“Yes.”

“You gonna tell me where they went?”

“Logan, I sent Ororo to be with her. If you wish to discuss this in private, we may do so in my office after lunch.”

He growled before he took a bite out of his humongous sandwich. Fine, he’d wait, but he wasn’t going to give up the chance to give Chuck a piece of his mind.


After lunch, Logan waited until Charles left before he stood to go get rid of his dishes. When Charles made the announcement that Rogue’s classes were canceled for the rest of the week, the hairs on the back of Logan’s head stood. Something wasn’t right… Chuck left and Logan stood to go to the conveyer belt to send the dirty dishes to the large kitchen.

“Wolvie, hold up,” Jubilee spoke up.

“What Yellow, I don’t have time for a gab fest, gotta go see the Professor.”

“For this, I’m sure you have time… It’s about Marie.”

“I’m listening… What about Marie?”

“Come on. Let’s go into the small kitchen,” Jubilee said as she began to waddle away.

Logan followed her. He had learned over the years to listen to Jubilee when it came to Marie. She usually always gave him truthful insight to how his girl was feeling when Marie didn’t want to talk or was avoiding him. He put his tray of dishes on the counter and began to rinse them as Jubilee took up a seat on a stool at the kitchen counter.

“So, what’s goin’ on?”

“Marie received two upsetting phone calls this morning.”

“From who?”

“Best I could figure was the mortuary and the lawyer for her parents.”

“Shit.”

“Yeah, shit. I watched her head to see the Professor after she saw me. Then before she left, she told me not to worry about her and that she was taking ‘Ro with her.”

“She must have gone back to Meridian.”

“I don’t doubt it. I think the lawyer wanted to read the wills tomorrow, but Marie talked him into waiting until Friday.”

“That means she’ll probably go visit her cousin Sookie in Louisiana, which also means that hairy werewolf will be hangin’ around to drool on my girl. I should go down there…”

“Hold up homey, did you just say werewolf?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“No reason, Remy knows a pack down there but he doesn’t talk about ‘em much.”

“Yeah well, this one don’t seem like he’s part of a pack.”

“Just be careful. I really don’t think it would be a good idea for you to go down there right now.”

“And why not,” Logan arched his eyebrow and began to rinse off her dishes.

“Because she’s focused elsewhere, she’s not gonna have time to be gettin’ it on with you if she’s gotta bury her parents. She’s gonna be too emotional and she already blames you for gettin’ her parents killed and for makin’ her reconnect with them. Do you seriously think she wants to turn to you right now? Logan, take my advice. Stay here. Get in the danger room or something and burn off some energy. Go turn on your hotness and look good for her when she comes back. Comprende?”

Logan had to smile at Jubilee’s words. Sometimes she could be so blunt and yet give him just the right words that he needed to hear without being false.

“I don’t know what I’m gonna do… Part of me wants to go down there and spy on her, make sure that hairy wolf stays away from my girl, or should I stay here and be patient. I still need to see the Professor.”

“Wolvie, you gotta trust that Marie will keep her hands to herself. Besides, if he touches her, you know what she can do.”

“But what if it’s off?”

“Then Ororo can help her… It’s not like he’s gonna friggin’ attack her Logan.”

“You ain’t seen him… Her cousin’s got friends who are vampires, Jubes… I don’t really trust them either, even though they helped me find those fuckin’ SOB’s that killed her parents.”

“Logan, just get goin’ see the Professor and see what he says. If you don’t wanna take my advice, take his. I know you’re not a patent man Wolvie, but just try real hard for Marie. I know you can do it. Now git, I’ll fill the dishwasher.”

“Thanks, Sparky.”

“You owe me…” Jubilee said as he left the small kitchen.


Headmaster’s Office
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
2:00 P.M.

Charles had actually left the door open for Logan to come charging into his office like the whirling dervish known as the Tazmanian Devil of the cartoons. He was concerned when he didn’t rush in like he’d assumed. Still he continued with his paperwork as if he wasn’t waiting. Something must have detained Logan. Or maybe he didn’t want to discuss the situation with him. Maybe he had heeded his advice and taken a moment to consider his options? He sighed. What was he going to do if Logan did indeed come to see him and wanted to leave? Logan wasn’t a patient man, the animal more impatient. Charles didn’t want to put him back in the infirmary if he wouldn’t behave.

Just as he was pondering his options, Logan strode into his office. He didn’t look too angry, which he decided looked in his favor. His nostrils weren’t flaring so that had to be a good sign as well.

“Jubilee filled me in on what happened this morning… What I want to know is why I was not told sooner…” Logan asked.

“Logan, I have no wish to discuss the finer points of communication with you. Marie came to me and asked to borrow the Blackbird. I allowed her on the condition that she took Ororo with her. I would have sent Jubilee but she can’t fly and Kitty is busy with her class schedule.”

“Chuck, don’t be hidin’ stuff from me. If she leaves the school, I damn well want to know about it. Have you forgotten that they re-launched the Weapon X Program? I need to know where Marie is at all times. You think Storm could stop them in a fight? I highly doubt she could alone. Marie’s only a close combat fighter. If they cover up, her skin won’t do a damn bit of good, and even though I trained her, she is no match for the government. Period.”

“No, I haven’t forgotten. Remy is down in the area on business.”

“Chuck, the people running the operation are ten to twenty times worse than Stryker was. The man had a fuckin’ cult following. They made him a bloody hell martyr. Just Gambit and Storm don’t stand a chance.”

“I could call up the senior X-Men, but we don’t have as many strong players on the team as we used to, since we lost Scott and Jean. Do you want me to call the Avengers in?”

“Hell no! I don’t want Stark anywhere around Marie. He still has a thing for her and Thor, well; let’s just say he spends too much time whackin’ that hammer on his head. And I don’t mean the one on his shoulders.”

“In deed,” Charles smiled. “So what are your plans then? I can’t afford to lose another instructor, Logan. I need you here.”

“I know, I know.”

“Logan, it would take too long to drive down there just to spy on her. And what if she or Ororo caught you? You can’t afford to make that mistake, Logan. You must allow her to trust that you will not run after her.”


“I swore to protect her Chuck; I’d never forgive myself if she were taken while she was down there.”

“She needs time to focus, Logan. I know I cannot stop you if you wish to risk it, but I strongly advise you, my friend. Let her be.”

“Fine, it’s on your head if somethin’ happens to her.”

“Perhaps you should go see your sister Lily. She may be able to provide insight to what the future holds.”

Logan seemed to ponder this but he isn’t sure he wanted to go that route yet; because she didn’t provide details with her predictions. It might just make him worry himself into a frenzy and where would that get him? Perhaps Jubilee was right, maybe he should go hit the danger room?

“Look, I’ll go think it over. Maybe go have a smoke out on the roof or fight it out in the danger room…”

“I plan on checking in with them soon. Would you like me to send Marie a message?”

“Not really. Just tell her that I love her and stay safe.”

Logan lowly growled as he left Chuck’s presence. He didn’t like it one bit… No Sir, not one bit.
Chapter End Notes:
Well, last update for now? Whatcha think? Was it something to be thankful for? Let me know! Thanks!