Dark.

“I’m scared of the dark”. Something you would expect to hear from a small child of course, but not an independent young woman. Yet Marie found herself in the exact predicament. She had always been afraid of the dark but never knew why. She still slept with her bedside light on. Not something you want to shout out to the entire mansion.

Back in Missisyppy they had turned on lamps at 5pm, casting a nice warm glow to banish away the dark. It was different at the mansion. Lights out at 10pm reigned supreme on her dorm floor and stretched its reach to pretty much every corner. Sharing a room had been a nightmare for her. Lying there with her eyes shut tight- counting down the seconds until the sun crept over the horizon.

She liked watching the fireworks on New Year though. She had tried watching them one year but after a few moments but after one too many noises echoing out from the darkness she had scrambled back towards the safety of the common room.

Although as she passed Logan, who had been standing having his usual cigar on the porch, he caught her around the waist and steered her down to sit once more and watch the fireworks. He pulled her up to lean against him, and the subtle noises he made were enough to keep her nerves at bay.

And when he leaned against her and tugged her a little bit closer, she supposed she didn’t mind the dark that much...
Chapter End Notes:
RnR x