Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the wait- getting back in there x
Light
He never liked the light. The bright scorching lights grating against his retina, making him frown and shut his eyes. Only going out when the moon had risen, reflecting off the long forgotten snows of Canada, the soothing blue glow easy upon his vision. Now he was in Winchester and the sun streamed in too much, waking him too early, the rays creeping beneath his extra thick curtains targeting his vulnerable sleepy eyes. Thankfully he only had to teach afternoon classes, only having to brave the brilliance of the kitchen at a later 11:30am.

He liked the way the light shone in Marie’s hair though. It made the strands looks all different shades of brown. He liked all those different shades of brown playing in her hair, her lovely soft hair. He was one of the few who knew how soft it really was. Sometimes he thought she was like a flower. Soft petals soaking up the sun. Marie loved the sunshine.

Okay. So sometimes he liked the light.

After a rather rough nightmare one Tuesday evening he walked past her room to see a gentle glow peeping out from under her door, inviting him in. With further investigation he entered into her room and saw her reading some ratty textbook in bed, a gentle lamp bathing her in an equally gentle blanket. He sat next to her, leaning against the bed and picked up one of her paperback novels. He had only just started to read it when her hand came to rest on his hair, teasing the sweat dampened strands ever so gently gently.

He peeped up at her, the glare from the light, not the usual annoying burn, but only a mild annoyance.

He saw her smile down at him before her eyes flinched back to the pages. Her bedside lamp however revealed a suggestion of a blush powdered on her cheeks. As her eyes scanning the page too quickly to take any of the words in, Logan smiled to himself.

Returning to his own literacy material he guessed the light wasn’t that bad at all.
Chapter End Notes:
RnR