Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank You WolvieDoesItBest. Hope you like. Updated.
Logan:

I was looking for my uniform when I heard the door open and then slam. I heard the tumblers fall into place and when I turned to look what I saw made me grin. She stood there panting and her hair was wild. It looked as if she had ran for her life, “Are you okay?” Her head hit the door, her eyes closed, and she sucked in a breath. “No. No, I’m not OKAY. Those girls- I – what- I told you not to leave me with them.” I laughed and started looking in my closet, “What did they do?” I heard her move and then the bed creaked, “They tried to take me, Logan, ME shopping.” There it was I grabbed it, ‘why did I throw it there?’ I leaned on the doorframe, “What’s wrong with shopping? You had to do it sometime; I mean you’re wearing clothes.” She looked down.

“Pssha, I got these off the internet.” I looked at her and realized she didn’t like people and the only reason she was here was because of me. “I’ll talk to them. We’re going on a mission so you’ll be safe until we get back.” She looked at me. Her eyes could make a weak man give her everything he owned and more. They could make a stronger man drop to their knees. This is what Stryker trained her to do Logan. I had to stay on guard with her. “Oh goodie stuck in a big house that I can get lost for days in and I can’t even drive. Oh and I keep getting these weird looks.”

“You’re new and don’t play the ‘I’m helpless’ card, I know better.” She waved her hand, “Whatever.” I walked into the bathroom and as I changed the bed creaked again. When I walked out she was asleep on the bed. Before I left I pulled the covers over her and thought she looked so peaceful when she slept.
Once on the Blackbird, the team was briefed by Scott. Tonight it was a team made up of six, we would be paring off: Shadowcat (Kitty) with Colossus (Piotr/Peter), Strom (Ororo) with Jubilee, and Cyclops (Scott) with me, The Wolverine. Jean would be back up and would wait in the plane. We would be raiding a lab tonight. I was feeling a little sick and was trying to focus on anything but flying. My thoughts drifted to Rogue and last night. I climbed in bed next to her and she shifted just slightly. My hand went to her arm and rubbed. After a couple of seconds she seemed relaxed and I stopped. Sleep was pulling me under and I felt myself pull her to me but I didn’t stop. I woke up about three o’clock and her head was resting on my chest. Her hand was over my heart and her leg was draped across mine. I brushed her hair out of her face. She snuggled closer and my stomach clenched because it felt right and wrong at the same time.

I put my nose in her hair and imprinted her scent into my mind. She smelled like sunshine, Honeysuckle and earth. I felt the Wolverine rise up and claim her but I, the man, knew better. She wasn’t like any woman I had ever been attracted to and she was so much like me that it could never work. I would sleep for thirty minutes at a time and it was peaceful, no nightmares. Go figure. The time I spent awake I stared at her and rubbed my hands over her body. Because I knew that was all I would ever get from her and it hurt worse than being rejected by a certain redhead. The next time I woke up it was because of a knock on the door, it was Bobby. I was pissed at the kid until I felt her snuggle in and my hand started to rub her back.

This time I woke up I couldn’t take it anymore and got up before something I couldn’t take back happened. I got up and gently laid her on the bed. I watched as she slept from the terrace, the cigar not helping. She rolled over and arched her back stretching. I felt my breath rush in and gulped. In the present I heard Jean clear her throat. I smiled, my eyes meeting hers and raised my eyebrow. I thought at her ‘Jealous doesn’t look good on you darlin’.’ I watched as her cheeks grew red. Scott was looking from me too her, “Hey Scooter ya wanna pay attention to where ya going?” “I’m just about to land. You focused on the mission or something else?” I glared at him, “Whenever wherever Scooter.” I don’t know if I was talking about the mission or fighting with Scooter.

He landed and we paired up. Scooter and I were walking down the hall, “You smell anything?” I shook my head and walked down the hall. We reached a sealed door that required a cardkey or just a really good pair of claws. When it opened no one was inside and we walked toward the computer. Nothing, no alarms, no people. What the hell was going on here? “Pull up the files.” Scott nodded, “on it.” He read through some as they downloaded, “It hasn’t been updated in a year.” I still was on edge. I expecting something to go wrong when the communicator buzzed, “Go.”

Kitty: “There’s no one here anywhere.”

Strom: “Same here.”

“Kitty have you hacked into security yet?”

Kitty: “I downloaded all the files that were there.”

“Good job. You done Scooter? Good let’s move out.”

Once we were back on the Blackbird, “That was odd. Do you not agree?” “Yes I agree Storm, but we’ll have to wait until we get back to the school to figure it out.” We all sat in silence for the duration of the flight and this time I didn’t worry about being sick. I thought about how there was no smell of people but us in that building. It was like a ghost town except this place creeped me out. The plane landed I walked to the showers. Scooter and Peter were in there, but none of us talked. After I got dressed, I went upstairs and sat on the edge of the bed. It wasn’t until I laid back that I noticed she wasn’t there and I felt panic. I followed her scent to the kitchen, where she was leaning over the counter, talking to Hank. Her brow was furrowed and I started to listen.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review Heart You Forever.