Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy. Please review. Heart you forever.
Rogue:

Where the hell was all that noise coming from? I looked around Logan at two teenage girls both had dark hair and clearly didn’t know what time it was. “LOGAN! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WELCOME HOME!” He shushed them but it was no good. He dropped the bags and opened his arms. The two girls stepped in and hugged him and much to my chagrin one of them noticed me.

“Logan who is this?” I heard no accusation in her voice just curiosity. He turned, “Kitty, Jubes this is Rogue.” Kitty’s hair was pulled up in a pony-tail and she had purple pajama bottoms on. Jubes reminded me of those girls that are always in the mall and she had yellow PJs. I waved, “Hi.” “OH MY GAWD , what happened to your face?’ I was swarmed. They asked a bunch of questions I didn’t answer and just kept going.

Logan finally saved me, “Ok girls that’s enough. We just got in and we’re tired. Night.” He picked up the bags and started walking. “Ok night we’ll see you tomorrow Rogue we’ll go shopping.” I sped up and whispered to Logan, “Do not leave me with them.” He chuckled, “Come on they’re not that bad.” “Whatever.” He was watching me out of the corner of his eye but I ignored him. I was looking around the only time I had been in a place like this was when I had killed an ambassador. I followed Logan up two flights of stairs, we turned down a bunch of halls, and then another flight of stairs, and one more hallway till we stopped at a door. “You’re trying to make it hard for me to leave aren’t you?” He chuckled again. Grrrrrrr.

“No just avoiding certain areas. Sorry about the mess. You can have the bed, I’ll take the floor.” I rolled my eyes, “What are you worried about? Your virtue?” He shook his head, “No. I was more worried about yours.” I snorted, which was very feminine. “What virtue?” I grabbed my bag from him and walked to what I hope was the bathroom. I changed and walked into the bedroom to see him setting on the edge of the bed. “So do you like inside or out?” He looked at me and his eyes spoke volumes that I decide to disregard. He stood up. I walked over and climbed under the covers. I faced the wall. I could feel the tension in the air ‘who doesn’t he trust me or him?’ I was drifting off when I felt him slid under the covers.

There was a knock on the door and I just snuggled closer. I felt a hand move up my back and then the bed vibrated, “What?” The answer was muffled by the door, “The professor said he’ll see you after breakfast.” He just grunted and wrapped his arms tighter but I didn’t care I was cozy and sleep was winning.

The next time I woke up I was alone. I stretched and heard a sharp intake by the window. I turned and looked he was standing there with a cigar in his hand. He was dressed and clearly not having a good morning. “Finally awake?” I nodded and set up pulling my hair back. “Get dressed and we’ll go get breakfast. Wear something appropriate.” “I’m always appropriate.” “No you’re not.” I did as he said jeans, tennis shoes, white shirt, and a Jack Skellington hoodie. He shook his head at me and I heard him mumble ‘I’m a goddamn cradle-robber.’ “Come on.”

I followed him to the breakfast room so he said. When we walked in he kept going I stopped and looked around. There was at least a hundred and fifty kids in this room. Logan noticed and turned around, “it’s ok look they ain’t going to hurt you.” I cut my eyes at Logan, “It ain’t me I’m worried about.” I hissed. He grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the buffet. He handed me a plate and said. “Look it’ll be fine. I mean I’m here and don’t worry you got this.” He started putting stuff on my plate while I was looking around I noticed the two girls from last night waving at me. Then I saw her. She was staring daggers at me which made me smile. I put my hand on his arm and looked up at Logan.

I knew it was the woman that had caused him to leave his home. Jean watched as I ran my hand up his arm and moved closer, “Are you trying to make me fat?” He laughed and walked toward a table where no one was sitting. I sat beside him and he leaned over and whispered in my ear, “I know what you’re doing.” I looked at him and smiled, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He grinned at me. I felt eyes on me but I didn’t look around. I ate and waited for him to finish. He picked up my plate, put it in a bin, and picked up my hand. I laughed.

We walked up the stairs and down the hall way to a polished door. He knocked, “Come in. Ah, Logan come in and who my I ask is the young woman who is being whispered about in the hall?” Logan nodded, “Chuck this is Rogue. Rogue this is Professor Charles Xavier the headmaster.” I just nodded. He said, “Please have a seat. Welcome. I want to go over some of the rules here…….,” I tuned him out and was looking at him closely. His head was shining in the sun and his blue eyes were clear. He wasn’t like dirt old but his face wasn’t young. He watched me and I watched him. He stopped talking, “Do you understand?” I nodded and said, “Yes sir.” He smiled at me and I felt grateful to Emma Frost for the first time since I met her.

“You may go and don’t get to lost. If you do get lost ask one of the students.” I nodded and left. I was walking down a hallway with a big window my fingers running along the wall when out of nowhere the Kitty girl popped up out of the floor. I watched her carefully and I heard “Hey Kitty that’s no fair.” Kitty was pretty and clearly was very accepting, “Hi I’m Katherine Pryde and that,” she pointed down the hall, “is Jubilation Lee or as many people call us Kitty and Jubalee.” She continued to talk while Jubilation caught up. And then between gum popping and constant talking I realized that Logan clearly loved these girls enough not to have killed them. I interrupted, “Um yea hi. Rogue. No, I don’t like shopping. No, I don’t want to be like friends and stuff. Yes, I was in a fight and no, it doesn’t hurt.“ They looked at me. I noticed that Jubes was Asian and very pretty but mouthy.

I sighed and unfortunately for me they took this as an, I give up. They pulled me down the hall and up some stairs to their room. I sat on Jubes’ bed I know this because it was yellow like everything she wears. She and Kitty started to tell me about the people in the mansion.

“Mr. Summers is nice and he is dating Miss. Gray. They are like the perfect couple...” The commentary continued on and on about a guy named Bobby, ‘who has like these ice powers,’ John, ‘who can like burn stuff,’ Peter, ‘he gets all metaly and stuff.’ After a while I tuned them both out.