Author's Chapter Notes:
A little unsure about this chapter. Hope you like.Edited.
Rogue:

I laid there in bed thinking when I woke up he would be gone. I messed up last night. I opened my mouth and I hurt him. It was clear on his face and he shut down. After that we left. I let him drive us to a hotel and got a room. The whole time neither one of us spoke. I showered first and climbed into bed wondering just how screwed up I was that I had to point out another’s misery. I fell asleep for the first time in many years with guilt eating at me.

I was surprised to hear him breathing in the next bed. I sat up and moaned ‘God Damn’. My face hurt and I whimpered my eye was swollen and so was my lip, which was now bleeding. I heard him sit up but I was trying now to make another sound.

I felt a warm callused hand on my chin and he turned my face toward him. His voice was gruff, “Looks worse than it did last night. I’ll be right back.” He stood and walked to the bathroom. ‘I’m a bitch’, I sighed. I was looking at the floor when he came back. He tried to lift my face to him but I jerked away, “Why are you being so nice after last night?”

He sighed and grabbed my chin with force this time. When it was where he wanted it, he put a cool rag on my eye. “Because you spoke your mind and I respect that. Also your face looks so bad.” “Shut up.” He laughed.

“I think you need to see a doctor.” “NO, no doctors.” I could feel my panic raising. “Ok clam down no doctors.” His forehead was creased. “Ok let me see,” he kneeled in front of me. His eyes roamed my face but I wasn’t worried. His features were soft like he was trying to soothe an animal. The only think I could think about is that no man, not even my own father, had ever looked at me the way he was.

He stood up and walked back in the bathroom. This time when he walked out he had a first aid kit. He kneeled back down and pulled out a butterfly stitch, laid it on the bed. He then pulled the anesthetic out and poured it on a cotton ball and cleaned my cheek. I winced and he said, “Should’ve took care of it last night.” “Yea well should’ve could’ve would’ve.” He pulled back and searched my face, “You don’t care about yourself or anyone else do you?”

“No. The only reason I’m still breathing is because it pisses people off.” He went back to cleaning. Once he was done he picked up the ointment and covered then broken skin on my cheek. I winced again, “I’m sorry about what I said.” He put the bandage on my face, “No need you were right. I left my home because of her and it was the right thing to do.”

He was looking at my lip now, “What was her name?” “Jean.” “Why was it right to leave her?” At this he stood up and walked backwards and set on his bed. He blew out air, “She has a boyfriend and she was using me,” he shrugged. I looked at his face, “Logan? Maybe she thought you had what she really wanted?” “No,” he shook his head, “she wanted to make him jealous and have a little fun.”

I wanted to kill this “Jean” girl. He face projected his sadness and anger all at the same time. “Thanks for not being pissed. I have foot in mouth syndrome.” He laughed, “We’re good. Although I told you a secret, so now you have to tell me one.”

“Um,” I so didn’t like where this was going, “what do you want to know?” He looked at my face and I knew what he was going to ask. “What’s with the facade?”

I took a breathe, “You don’t have tell me if you don’t want to.” I shook my head, “Fair is fair.” He tried to interrupt but I raised my hand and said, “To tell you that I have to start at the beginning. Do you think you have time for that?” He nodded, “Yes.” I smiled at him, “It started when I was eight,” his face changed clearly he didn’t like where this was going. “It was Sunday right after church, I hadn’t even changed outta my Sunday dress, when my mother called me down stairs.” I wasn’t looking at him any more I couldn’t. I was about to share a story no one had ever heard and I had no idea why. Maybe because I needed an outlet and he was a stranger and I probably wouldn’t see him after this. “I went down stairs there was a man at the door. He was military. He called me by my name and I went toward him. My mom said ‘Honey you’re going with him for a while he’ll take care of you.’ There were no tears in her voice. I realize now, she really didn’t care. He took my hand and pulled me toward a van. I started crying and screaming. But she just stood there.” There was no emotion in my voice, “Finally he picked me up and threw me in the van.”

I took a deep breath, ‘God why was this so hard?’ I could feel his eyes on me, “So the man took me to a government lab,” I heard his sharp intake but I didn’t stop, if I did I wouldn’t finish. “They put me in a cell and after a couple days, took me to a white room with a cold metal table. They laid me on it and strapped me down. I struggled and then they stuck a needle in my arm. I don’t remember a lot from the time I was eight until I was twelve.” I swallowed and continued, “When I was twelve they stopped injecting drugs in me it took almost three months for it to clear my system.”

“That’s when I met a man by the name of Stryker. He said I would learn to fight and be useful. But then it got worse than before more experiments where done when I was wide awake. He trained me and I became his assassin. He said jumped and I didn’t even ask how high, I just did it. One of the clearest memories is of Victor Creed kicking my ass and Stryker yelling adapt, use what I showed you. I curled up in a ball but then I got pissed and grabbed him,” I finally looked at Logan him face showed no emotion. “I absorbed him, I adapted and I remember thinking if he was dead, if all of them was dead I could leave. I went crazy and started killing people before they tranquilized me. I wasn’t human after that. It wasn’t because of Victor Creed he faded, it was because I broke. My mind broke and it didn’t want to think anymore. My mind liked it better when I was drugged.”

I was shaking now, “It was like that for two years, being trained, killing, and stuck back in a cage. And finally something happened. Things started blowing up and the door un-locked so I made a run for it. I was still wild but I could function. I started going to fight clubs and doing mercenary jobs.”

I was still watching his face, “Then I met Remy LeBeau and he had jobs for me and they paid good. But this one client didn’t want me just as hired help he wanted me on his team. I didn’t know at the time that Victor Creed was there. I did a few jobs for him and he wanted to meet me in person. Magneto said I did an excellent job. As I was handing over a case when He called for someone by the name of Sabertooth When I saw that it was Victor I lost it. I woke up about a week later in Japan. I don’t remember what happened.”

Logan’s face was a little paler now, “I still do jobs for Remy but every now and again he gets sneaky. I always figure it out through. I didn’t answer your question did I?” I said a little shaky. He looked at me, “Yes you answered it. So you’re a mutant? So am I.” He showed me his claws. I wasn’t shocked but I was too far gone. He pulled them back in, got up walked over to me and sat down, “Hey. I got another secret for you. I was in a lab too and they put this metal on my bones.”

He watched me. I looked up at him and I felt like I was braking, “Yea? Did they mark you like they did me?” “What do you mean by mark?” I leaned back and showed him the tattoo on my hip bone. It was a number in roman numerals LXVI. “The one on my back is like a barcode.” He shook his head, “No all I have is dog tags.” I nodded, “I have those too.”
Chapter End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW Tell me what you like and what you don't. Heart you forever!