Author's Chapter Notes:
I need a beta-reader, sigh.Edited.
Logan:

I heard her words but the redhead by the bar looked so familiar my chest hurt. ‘Quit makin’ a fool outta yerself”, I shook my head and looked around for the ‘kid’. My eyes found her almost immediately. She stood in the center of the cage with a lard of a man and apparently she had changed while I was focusing on not being an animal. Rogue had on a black sports bra with black silk shorts and her hair was pulled up in a high ponytail.

I picked up my beer and headed for the cage; while I walked I noticed that there was another man in the ring with them. He was tall and large, suddenly I grew worried for her ‘If he hurts her I’ll kill him.’ ‘Whoa what the hell?’ The lard of a man said, “Ladies and Gentleman tonight and tonight only our former and gorgeous champion, Rogue, has returned. Tonight she will face Talon, the new champion. The fight will begin in a few moments.”

There were a lot of whispers going around. The lard man, I now assumed was ‘Jack’, was explaining something to both of them. I saw Talon, what the fuck kind of name is that, run his eyes over Rogue’s body and to be honest it pissed me off. I hope she kicked his ass. I stood right beside the caged now, sipping my beer and watching her walk to her corner. She didn’t look tense or worried. She looked relaxed and ready. While she stood with her arms crossed, ‘Talon’ was jumping around shaking his arms.

Oh yeah he was so going down. Jack stepped in to the center and raised his hand, the crowd grew silent. Both opponents walked to the center and I heard Jack say, “Ready?’. Both nodded and as his hand fell I could feel the power in the room. They stood there. Talon raised his hands, but Rogue didn’t she was watching him like a hunter watches prey. I knew she was waiting for him to make the first move, but I still wanted to jump in.

Then out of nowhere Talon swung. Rogue ducked brought up her hands and watched as he regained his balance. This time when he swung Rogue grabbed his wrist and used his momentum to flip him on his back. He stood up and ran for Rogue, he was pissed. She dodged and turned. As he came back around she made a jab with her left that he blocked and then while he was focused on blocking her left she struck with her right. She hit him on his collarbone which caused him to drop to his knees. She looked down at him. He was past pissed now. He started swinging trying to make contact but she ducked and dodged. Them I almost died, he hit her and she went down. He stood over with a grin on his face. ‘He just signed his death certificate.’ But before I could move her leg kicked out and he fell. Now she stood and backed away waiting for him to get back up. She was dragging this out. She knew they wanted a show and she was giving it.

Talon got back up, I shook my head, he paced back and forward now waiting for her to make the first move. Rogue raised her hands again and walked toward him. This time she swung and made contact first. She didn’t stop swinging until he lay on the bottom of the cage bleeding.

Jack then walked over to her and thrust her hand into the air and the quite crowd burst into cheers. He handed Rogue an envelope. She grabbed her stuff of a chair and walked to the bathroom. I walked back to our booth and ordered two more beers. I didn’t hear her sit down damn redhead. I heard her pick up her beer and turned to look at her. She was watching me watch the girl. I searched her face for the bruise, yeap there it was on her cheekbone. It was blooming up to her eye and her lip was busted.
“You fight good,” I said watching her wince as she drank her beer.
“I hear a but in those words.” She was not in a bad mood more like she was high her words slow and pushed out.
“No but that was good.” I sipped my beer. “How much you make tonight?”
She smiled, "Enough to last a few weeks, maybe a month.” I raised my eyebrow.

We set in silence when a guy walked over to our table. He was similar to the guy Rogue had just beat the shit out of. “Hey nice fight. I was wondering when he was going get his ass kicked,” he smiled at Rouge. “Thank you. Name’s Blaze.” Okay what the hell was wrong with names like James or Phil. “Thanks and I guess you’re welcome,” she laughed. “This is my boyfriend Logan.”

My heart stopped and the only thing I did was grunt at him. Oh yeah highly developed communication. A look came across his face as he looked at my face then hers, “um it was nice talkin’ to you. Bye.” I raised an eyebrow at her, “Boyfriend? Why wasn’t I told? I coulda used that last night.” She shook her head at me. “He was hitting on me Logan and after I fight I like to drink and think. I don’t wanna fuck, which is what he wanted.”

I just nodded, she sounded so much like me. She went back to sipping her beer. I couldn’t help what I said next, “So girlfriend you wanna go get a hotel room and do boyfriend/girlfriend things?” She laughed and no it didn’t hurt my ego not one little ity bit. She sighed, “I think that would only work for one of us.” I looked into her eyes “Whadda mean? You like girls?” she shook her head at me. She searched my face, “No. I like men, there is no doubt. But I meant it’s obvious by the way you were lookin’ at that woman that she looks like someone you love. And if we did anything you would just feel guilty later and I refuse to be regret.”

I was in shocked. I hadn’t said anything about a woman but she knew. How the hell did she know? Had I talked in my sleep? She was watching me and waiting. “Are you wondering how I knew?” I nodded, “Because when you look at her you have this haunted look.”
Chapter End Notes:
Tell me what you like and what you don't. PLEASE! Heart you 4ever if you do.