Author's Chapter Notes:
This one is a little longer cause I didn't have homework. English - 111 doesn't always help with the grammar sorry. Edited.
Rogue:
I woke at my usual time too damn early, I knew my hair was a mess and my top lip felt like it was swollen. ‘Just great.’ I heard laughing on the other side of the room. I glared at him, “What?” He took a breath in between laughing and said, “You look like something outta da Loin King!” He then proceeded to fall back on the bed holding his stomach and laughing. ‘Am end up killing him.’ I threw the covers off, grabbed my bag and stomped into the bathroom. I could hear him still laughing as I changed into a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I mumbled that’s the last time I try helping a stranger.
After I fixed my mane and put a little make-up on, enough to hide a few scars, I walked out. He had changed while I was in the bathroom. He glanced at me and one side of his mouth pulled up. ‘Grrrrr.’ “Are you ready to go?” I said harshly, which only made him grin harder. He nodded at me, ‘Sonuhbitch.’ Stupid man, the last man that saw me like that was dead. He picked up his bag and walked out the door. “Hey you got the key?” “Yea, I’ll turn it in.” I watched as he walked to the office, ‘I could leave him here. No you can’t Rogue.’ I shook my head and headed for the car.
I cranked the car and was switching stations. I was singing to “Angel” by Amanda Perez when he pulled the door open, I jumped. There was another grin on his damn smug face that I just might slap off pretty soon. As he threw his bag in the back and slid in, I put the car in gear and peeled out of the parking lot heading for the highway.
The car was silent when my phone rang ‘Motha-‘, “Hello.” “I thought you needed the money?” “Nope, I don’t need their money.” “You done figured who want to hire ya?” “Yeap and I ain’t doing it.” The phone went silent. ‘Wow Remy real mature.”
“You still going to New Orleans?” “Nope, there ain’t no way in hell I’d ever work for that client even if it would save my life.” I could feel his eyes on me, “So, where you headed?” He settled back in the seat, “Nowhere, anywhere.” ‘Hmm, wonder what that’s about.’ I shrugged, “Oh well. You’re not one of those teddy bear kinda guys are ya?” “What the hell does that mean?” I could hear the anger in his voice, which made me grin, hehe. I said, “You know what I’m talkn’ bout. Those guys that are big but refuse to hit people or kill bugs.” I got a growl for those words which made me grin harder.
“No. I fight when I’ve gotta. Why?” I felt his eyes watching and I could tell his was wary. “Cuz’ I gotta make some money.” “What does that got to do with me?” I sighed, “Cuz I don’t need to worry ‘bout you while I fighting.” He laughed, “Nope, I ain’t got a problem with you fighting. I’m all for independent women.” I rolled my eyes, idjit.
Five hours later
I pulled into a place called Grate; this was not my first time being here. A good fight was always promised here. Logan looked at me as a pulled the keys out of the ignition, “What is it with you and these back water places?” “Wadda mean?” “I mean a girl like you don’t belong in a place like this,” he was leaning against the tail-light as I was going through my bag, I stopped and looked at him, this time in the eye and said, “You ain’t the first to tell me that Logan, but I like places like this. If you don’t like it you can stay out here or start walking.” I found my gloves and pulled them. I started walking to the fight club, legally “the bar”, I felt him behind me. I pulled off my jacket off as I walked in, looking around I could see it was a good crowd.
I walked up to bar, “Hey Sal, can I get two beers?” “Well I’ll be damned! How ’ya been girl?” I smiled, “Good, quit this morning,” He grinned at me as he put the beers on the counter, “I see. That’s why yer here. Well Jack said he had a feeling he’d be seeing you soon.” I looked around handing Logan his beer, I saw him grimace, “Is that so? Well he needs to pay his bills rite?” “He’ll be asking for non-sign-ups soon so go get changed and have a couple more beers.” “Will do.”
Logan and I walk to a booth, “Come here often?” He raised an eyebrow; I couldn’t help it I laughed. “That is the worst pick-up line ever.” He sipped his beer and shrugged, “Hey it works.” “Oh whatevea,” I shook my head at him, “on who? Some dumb blond or a trampy redhead?” I saw him wince; well, well did I just hit an open wound? Good. “Yea, even on smart brunettes,” he winked, “I have a certain charm.” “Well it won’t work on this one.” He looked at me intently, I laughed and he growled. “Ya know some girls laugh when they’re nervous.” I smiled at him, “It takes a lot to make me nervous, and your game is so wack.”
Then Jack stepped in the cage “Okay main fights are over. Anybody wanna make some money?” “That’s me.” I left Logan at the table drinking his beer and looking at a redhead in a micro-mini, ‘ugh. Nasty.” Figures that was his type, no meat on her boney ass. I would never understand men, ever. I shifted my focus back to the situation. As I walked to the caged, there were no butterflies, no queasiness; I felt so comfortable. This was what I was trained for after all.
Chapter End Notes:
Tell me what you like and don't like. Thanks