Author's Chapter Notes:
MAJOR THANKS TO WolvieDoesItBest. Heart you forever.
Their son was a year old now and walking, which caused so many problems for his parents. He was everywhere and that sucked for Logan who currently was alone with his son. BJ had almost flushed his keys, rubbed jelly on the walls, and got in the cabinet with the pans. “Goddamn, where the hell is your momma?” When BJ finally went down for his nap, Logan was thankful and grabbed a beer. Before he knew it he fell asleep on the couch in the boat house loft apartment. They consented to move out there when all their friends complained of no sleep from the baby crying in the middle of the night. She walked in and spotted Logan asleep on the couch with her son’s small head upon his white undershirt. Then she backed up and threw down her bags next to the wall outside of the living room, so that she wouldn’t wake him up. She hated when she had to work but she had to support her son and was very much able to, in spite of Logan’s repeated attempts to get her to let him earn the money for their family. See, for Marie, it just wasn’t about supporting her son and getting a break to breath; she needed the work for a psychological boost for Rogue. Rogue needed to feel she was still useful and needed. Although mercenary work wasn’t always legal it did pay enough that she could work for a week and be off for months. Then she stood just inside the entryway, looking at her husband, who by the way, was still an X-man and didn’t approve of her line of work. Logan had a cigar in one hand and a beer in the other. She walked over to him taking the beer and cigar. She set on the coffee table and pulled his boots off while he mumbled in his sleep. She slid his feet on to the couch and pulled a blanket over him.

Logan and her son had stayed asleep as she moved them to a better position. Marie thought that they must have had a busy day if they were still so hard at sleep. She smiled at him as he slept. He looked so much like his father. If she only had a camera… She decided to clean up, which the house needed. As she began to clean she thought about how she became so domesticated. After her son was born she kind of flipped and left for a little while but got over when she realized it was just those voices in her head that said she couldn’t do it. When she came back to her son, he was only a month old. Logan had done everything by himself… Except on those rare occasions when he needed the help of Jean, Ororo, Kitty, and Jubes. Although he’d never admit to actually asking for help, being that he was the big, bad Wolverine. But he had made sure they didn’t have a major part in BJ’s life so that he wouldn’t think they were his mommy. She had offered him the option of her leaving again or her helping raise their son. He had surprised her by saying he still loved her, through all the pain she put him through when she left, and if she wanted they could still be together. She had accepted fully through lots of tears on both sides and when Brody was five months old they got married.

She had let Jubes plan it and it had been fine because Logan had vetoed almost everything. It was simple and quiet. Logan had worn black jeans with a black dress shirt and a red tie which was fine with her but it worried everyone else that he was getting married in jeans. Jubes even made a Johnny Cash crack about Marie marrying, the man in black and that she practically looked like June… To which she got growls from Logan, Marie, and to everyone’s surprise, little Brody. He’d picked it up from his daddy rather early… Logan arched his eyebrow, carried that proud, ‘that’s my boy,’ look the rest of the ceremony. Marie had worn a simple white dress it was fitted down to her hips where it flared with lace sleeves and backless. Her veil was also lace and was pinned into her hair which had worn down. She didn’t want flowers but Jubes insisted, so she held calla lilies in her hands, flown in from southern Africa by Ororo, as she went down the aisle where her son was being held by Remy and her future husband stood. She thought once it got to this point she would run again, but no she married him. They had some problems in the beginning like the past relationships with Remy and Jean but, eventually both realized that they were endgame for each other. She loved her little family and she couldn’t wait to tell him there would be another little Logan running around soon... She wondered if he’d caught her changed scent. Thinking about that she laughed at his phone call just a few days ago, “Do you know what your son did?” “No, what did he do?” She was standing in a room with a man tied to a chair. “He took Elf’s power and was popping everywhere. I almost had a heart attack when he poofed into the goddamn danger room. It was on and Scooter had kids in there training.”

She was laughing and the guy in the chair looked scared, “What is so damn funny Marie? Your son is driving me crazy and he could have been hurt.” “He has your power too. I’m not worried. I’ll be home in a few days, don’t panic.” Her son was a mixture of the bad and good in both of his parents and it made her happy… Although it made Jean swear she’d never have kids of her own… However, Scott talked her into adopting a mutant child that had been abandoned. The new parents lucked out when they found out that the mutation the child had was that he was a math and science genius. Logan growled at him from time to time when he saw Scooter teaching him how to be another stick in the mud, fearless leader.

Marie had just finished the kitchen and was standing at the counter when she felt strong arms wrap around her, “You didn’t have to clean I was going to get it.” “Yeah well it sounded like you had a harder time than I did so I figured this would be a surprise. Oh yeah I got something to tell you.” “Yeah, What?” Just than BJ started crying, “Hold that thought.” She followed him and watched as he rocked BJ back to sleep. “Do you remember when I said I would never let you touch me again after Brody was born?” “Yeah?” “Well I really should have stuck to that.” “Why?” ‘Damn he was being slow,’ she thought. She walked up to him and placed her lips at his ear, “I’m pregnant Logan.” She left him staring at her stunned.
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know. Thanks for reading.