Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to WolvieDoesItBest, the best Beta anyone can ask for. Heart you forever.
Month 9 November

Logan:

Marie hadn’t been sleeping that good for the last couple of nights. We had been through her nesting phase earlier in the week, where she cleaned the entire staff kitchen and the cafeteria kitchen for the students. She even did all our laundry and Jubilee’s as well when she couldn’t sleep; these last couple of nights had been different though. I smelled a little shift in her hormones and I wondered if something was wrong with the baby. I focused in and I heard the baby’s heart beat keeping to a steady fast beat. Marie’s was beat I noticed had sped up but she wasn’t in danger. Then I would hear it slow… I figured she was having contractions and was bravely trying to hide them from me. She had finally given up trying to lie comfortably propped up on my chest and she sat up to turn on her lamp before she fully sat up with her legs crossed Native American style. She propped herself up against the headboard attached to the wall and began to rub her belly. I noticed her wincing every time she passed her hand over a certain area. She was in labor had been for a while; the contractions weren’t strong enough for her to go down to the med lab. She said that once her water broke she would go but not until then.

I didn’t argue because I knew better; however it didn’t stop me from feeling anxious. This was my first child and I didn’t know anything about how this all worked… I mean I knew how babies were born after takin’ Lamaze classes with Marie; I just hadn’t been around too many pregnant women in the past that I could remember. And earlier this week she’d gone through two episodes of Braxton Hicks contractions. That was pretty damn scary, but Hank walked us through it. He put her on bed rest for a couple days. I hated having to trust Hank with my life but it felt that way. Marie and my son had become my life. I watched as she took a deep breath and blew out slowly. “Are you okay?” she nodded. I felt her stiffen and then abruptly grab my leg with a death grip, “Logan, my water just broke.” I took a deep breath and sent a little prayer up, thankin’ God that I put double towels down on the bed for her to sleep on just in case. I took another deep breath and got up to help her up off the bed. I helped her get into the hospital style gown open in the back and then we put her robe on over it. As she tied it I helped her put on her slippers. Then she took my arm and we went down the hall.

‘Oh God, this is really happenin’,’ Logan thought. ‘I’m gonna be a dad soon…’

In the elevator, she had her head on my chest breathing while I rubbed her back in big circles and figure eights. When the doors opened, I just scooped her up into my arms and helped her go the rest of the way to the infirmary bay Hank had set aside for this moment. I gently set her down on the t-shirt material-like bed sheet.

“I’ll be right back baby, just hold on.” She nodded.

I hated seeing her in pain and the animal in me began to panic. Its’ mate was hurt. I went through the doors, diagonally across the hall to the med lab, and to Hank’s office, “It’s time.” I turned and knew Hank was following me. I went back, pulled up a chair, and set beside Marie. I took her hand into mine and it seemed so small and delicate, yet as she had another contraction, I felt the strength in her grip.

“Okay let’s examine you and then we’ll go from there.” He told her to bend her legs, “How long have you been having contractions?”

“She’s had them since yesterday afternoon.”

Hank just nodded and pulled his glove on, “This might be a little uncomfortable.” She winced and I felt a growl in my chest. “It seems that you only have about two centimeters dilated. It could be a while before you’re fully dilated. Do you want an epidural?”

She was bearing down on my hand and for once I was grateful for my metal enhanced bones.

“You. Know. I. Hate. Needles.”

‘I do too baby, I do too,” Logan thought to himself.

Hank was watching her and asked, “You do realize that once you are ready to push, you will be in serious pain, my dear?” She nodded, “I’ve been in worse pain then this.”

“Just take a few moments and think it over. Discuss it between you. If you should change your mind, I will be prepping for the delivery. I’ll come to check on you in a little bit.”

“I don’t think I will change it, but thanks,” she offered. I covered her back up and sat in the chair beside her. She shook her head, “Sit behind me Logan, you’re not close enough.”

“You sure? Wouldn’t you rather have me here so you have something to aim insults or pillows at, or focus on?”

That got her to laugh a little before she felt another contraction coming on. She breathed through it as she held the upper bed rails with one hand while the other rubbed her belly. When the contraction passed, I stood, put the bed rail down, before I threw a leg around her backside, and carefully slid in behind her. She sighed and relaxed against me as I placed my hands on her belly. I felt her stomach tighten and then relax.

“Hey, pup inside mommy, please take it easy. Relax, you’ll see us soon. Thanks, from your daddy,” Logan tried to speak to the unborn babe.

It was few hours before Hank finally said she was ready to push. Jean and Jubes were the only other people there. Yellow was silently freaking out and Jean was practically pale. I was being threatened with my life and Rogue was swearing up a storm, calling me every bad name she could think of, and pushing. At one point, Marie even threatened to cut off my manhood that happened to be pressed up against her backside through my sweats. I took it all in stride and remembered that I forgot my shirt. Maybe that was why Jean went pale? After an hour of all of this, their son Brody Jensen Lee Logan was born. Jubes had passed out and Jean had ended up taking care of her. Rogue was panting and collapsed in my arms as Hank took the baby and put it in a warmer while he did the APGAR testing they mentioned in Lamaze class. He checked the appearance of his skin tone for circulation, pulse to make sure his heart was beating right, grimace reflex when Hank tickled his foot, activity to check the newborn’s muscle tone, and then he lastly checked little Brody’s respiration to make sure the lungs of the child were okay. I could hear the child cry and the animal in me wanted out to protect the offspring since another feral had control of him.

“Something wrong Doc?” I asked when Hank hadn’t come back with my son... Our son.

“He’s a ten, Logan and Marie. He’s a ten. Forgive me. I had to complete his testing. First five minutes he did just fine and he’s passed the ten minute mark.”

Logan carefully got out of the bed while Rogue slept peacefully. She was exhausted.

“Would you like to hold your son, Logan?”

“Sure,” I said before he gently passed the kid to me.

“Make sure you hold him tightly and support his neck.”

“Thanks, Blue.”

“No problem, Old Man.”

He never thought that he’d be here. He was in love, engaged, and a father. It was never on his to-do list but once it happened, he knew he would never change a thing. Looking down at his son there was nothing he wouldn’t do for this child or his mother. He couldn’t wait to be married. He wanted more kids but she had said, “Logan, you are never touching me ever again, you animal bastard!” He laughed at her then and for once, felt happy, and fulfilled.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review.